OT- anyone carry a Rorhbaugh 9mm

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

OT- anyone carry a Rorhbaugh 9mm

Post by foxtrapper »

Really want one of these :D :D Thing is it will be a front pocket holster gun. Right now a NAA 32 is doing the job. I want to up in power bypassing the 380. but the size concerns me.So anyone carry in pocket or is the gun to big for it?
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- anyone carry a Rorhbaugh 9mm

Post by rjohns94 »

Yes, I have carried one and it is perfect for in the pocket and for power in a small package. It is not a range gun. My functioned 100% and was exactly the perfect carry gun where size is an issue. I sold mine to a member here when I went on a kick to reduce the # of different calibers I had in my collection. I carried mine in an inside the pocket holster.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

Thanks Mike. Did you own a Seecamp at one time? if yes how did it compare, size wise ,to the Rohrbaugh when carrying?
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

yes, I owned a seecamp too. they are dramatically similar in size and shaper. The seecamp was a .32 and i gave it up after the Rohrbaugh. My brother has it in his possesion now. Both fine firearms. I like the 9mm over the .32. Both fit in my jeans pocket. I'm current carrying a ranger NAA in .22 mag. I decided I liked the weight of it better. Both the seecamp and rohrbaugh were both great for carrying in shorts or jeans... but they both printed and I didn't feel comfortable carrying them in church :shock: the Ranger I now carry in .22 mag goes everywhere with me, does not print and acts like a scholfield in how it loads. None of them would be a primary carry for me. When I got both the seecamp and Rohrbaugh, I was looking for a primary carry for all the time. Neither served that purpose. So I went to the NAA for when I couldn't have my primary carry with me, and it grew into always in my pocket firearm and my primary rides when the situation allows.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I seem to remember that Rohrbaugh has a recommended limit on the number of rounds fired before changing the recoil spring. If I do remember correctly, are the springs inexpensive and easy to obtain for replacement?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I sold mine with 4 extra springs. I think they are recommended to be changed after 250 rounds. Rorhbaugh has them on their site and I'm guessing they were $10 or so. The Rohrbaugh is not a firearm that I shot alot at the range, but I shot a few mags each time I went.
Mike Johnson,

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That is cheap, and for a pocket pistol which most people would not shoot much anyway, the low price and availability would seem to make it a non-issue.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

The only real problem with the Rohrbaugh is some peoples' expectations in trying to make it into something it was not designed to be.
Denis
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

DPris wrote:The only real problem with the Rohrbaugh is some peoples' expectations in trying to make it into something it was not designed to be.
Denis
Which is what?
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

a full size combat 9mm. it is well built, just not made to take lots and lots of shooting. It is a perfect everyday CCW firearm that hits harder than a .380,.32, .25, .22 mag, .22 lr given the same barrel length and size. If you can't carry larger, it is an excellent reliable firearm.
Mike Johnson,

foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

Gotcha ,having a NAA 32 That I shoot maybe a hundred rounds a year the Rorhbaugh will get the same treatment.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

you will love it. one of our members has one for sale. I will send you the link.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =253231958
Mike Johnson,

DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

RJ said it. :)
Denis