Boulet Boots?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Harmonica
Levergunner

Boulet Boots?

Post by Harmonica »

Do any of you happen to have any opinions on Boulet Shooter boots? I was thinking of buying either a pair of those or a pair of Olathe boots and was wondering which pair might be best.....
http://www.bouletboots.com/index.php?pa ... 70&PID=167

http://www.shiplerboots.com/6961.html
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Boulet Boots?

Post by kimwcook »

What do you want them for? CAS, just because, riding? It'd help knowing what your intended purpose is first. I have a pair of Olathe's, but I've never owned any Boulet's.
Old Law Dawg
Harmonica
Levergunner

Post by Harmonica »

I sort of like the "Old West" look of the Boulet boots but was wondering how they might compare to Olathe as far as durability and comfort.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

I have owned Boulet's in the past... and thought highly of them. They were not bad to ride in or walk in and held up very well.

Olathe was sold a couple of years ago... but I still see "new-old stock" in Western stores... those are very good heavy duty boots.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

I have only worn Boulet boots, both as a dress boot and a work boot. They are very comfortable once formed to your foot and if taken care of will last a long time. I usually resole them at least 2 times before the uppers start to look the worse for wear. They are made in Canada in a little town called St-Tite Quebec. I usually buy a boot 1/2 size smaller than I usually wear in a shoe and they form to my foot like a glove.
In my opinion you can't go wrong with their products.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

If you looking to get a boot just for show and wearing around I'd go for the lower heel Boulet. The Olathe is a good boot, but with that 2+ inch heel it's going to be hard on the feet after walking a little. They're tall like that for riding, not walking. My Olathe's have that heel and while riding their great, walking, well like the old cowboys said "I don't walk anywhere, that's why I have a horse." :D
Old Law Dawg
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

i think ya needs a pair like these here,

http://www.paulbondboots.com/stock-and- ... egory_id=2
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Redman2006
Levergunner

Post by Redman2006 »

http://drewsboots.com/handmade.htm

Depending on your purpose, these are about as good as it gets, and they are fully rebulidable and customizable. You can get any height, color, vamp or no vamp, upper style, toe bug or no bug, stitching on uppsers or not, sole, heel, spur ledge, etc. that you want. The rebuild cost is not bad either. They are also made for your foot with various drawings and measurements that you take. One of mine was not quite right, it went back and was changed and back to me in about 2 weeks at no charge.

I have worn many different brands, and for pull-boots these are fabulous. Olathe is not what it used to be. Boulet seems to be using lighter leather recently too. Other brands to really look at are TwistedX and Tony Lamma if you want something off the shelf and they have the right style.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Drew's got some nice looking boots. Thanks.
Old Law Dawg
Redman2006
Levergunner

Post by Redman2006 »

kimwcook wrote:Drew's got some nice looking boots. Thanks.
They do. They can build ANYTHING your heart desires and be high quality at a fair price too.

I made a living from the back of a horse for quite a while before deciding to go back to school. I wore out lots of boots and found you get what you pay for to a point.

Drew's, White's, and Hawthorn (White's off the shelf boot) have been by far the very best for me. If you wear packers, which I often do, those three are by far the very best IMHO.
Harmonica
Levergunner

Post by Harmonica »

How do the Hathorne #W312BC Hathorn Classic Cowboy boots compare to Olathe boots?
Redman2006
Levergunner

Post by Redman2006 »

Harmonica wrote:How do the Hathorne #W312BC Hathorn Classic Cowboy boots compare to Olathe boots?
I have only personally worn the packer style Hathorn. I can tell you that in my opinion the Hawhorn will be a better off the shelf boot in terms of quality of workmanship and materials. Order from Drews and see. They will take it back if not worn off carpet as I recall, but double check.

In my opinion it would only go back for style or fit reasons as the quality and durability is outstanding.
Dave James
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dave James »

Olathe boots was sold and moved to Texas, still cranken them out, still wearing them myself . But those others sure look tempting
longarm4146
Levergunner 2.0

Post by longarm4146 »

I have a pr of 18" Boulets That I bought in 1995 at Mule-Camp (SE Regional) and they are a hartd boot to beat for the money. I'd also recommend durango boots. they have a tall 1880s look boot available with walking heel, and I bought my son a pr of 14s for about $125.00.
SASS 4146
BOLD 199