Blackhawks

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Blackhawks

Post by damienph »

30 Carbine

44 Mag (SBH)
]Image
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Blackhawks

Post by 6pt-sika »

Very nice !

I just recently sent the last twp Blackhawks I had down the road !

One was a NIB Buckeye Special 32-20 / 32 MAG .
The other was a circa 1957 Blackhawk Flattop 44 MAG .

Now all the single actions I have left are a SIngle Six from the mid 50's that I still have the original box for and is in about 98% . The other is a Colt Scout Buntline Special my maternal grnadfather bought new in 1962 , I still have the box for that one , with the original grips inside as my grandfather carved his own set of grips more in a target fashion from a piece of Virginia Black Walnut .

The little Ruger my dad bought used before I was born in 1961 and my grandfather ordered the little Colt right after I was born in 1961 but his dealer wasn't able to get it for him until 1962 I think the story was .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

This forum is looking like a Ruger Roundup. Nice Pistolos Guys. I esp like that 30 carbine with the long tube. Keep em coming.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Gotta show off the herd:

.357 Mag, .44 Mag, .357 Mag (NM Vaquero), .45 Colt/.45 ACP

Still trying to get a Bisley frame to convert the .44 Mag, though...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Gary
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Blackhawks

Post by Gary »

My Blackhawk in .357 with a friend. I installed a Wolf spring kit and a set of Pachmayr black rubber grips. It is very accurate with the Hornady LeverEvolution 357 ammo. I love everything about the Blackhawk... except the sights.

Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Nice guys. I have two in .44 mag. One blue and one ss. Ill see if I can dig out some pics.
zoner
Levergunner 1.0

Post by zoner »

i'm down to two Ruger SA's too....4 5/8" 45 Colt and 5 1/2" Single Six. Both got the "bisley" treatment :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zoner
Levergunner 1.0

Post by zoner »

can't get the 45 Colt pic up.....must need to resize it...i'll get it posted later
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

@ Doc I guess Our Guns r like a Womans Diamonds. Those Just look Nice all lined up.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

zoner wrote:i'm down to two Ruger SA's too....4 5/8" 45 Colt and 5 1/2" Single Six. Both got the "bisley" treatment :D
Where'd you get the Bisley frames...? I've had a stainless one on (back)order from MidwayUSA for 10 months now... :(

Does anyone else have stainless ones in stock...?
Does RUGER sell them directly...?

I'd have put my .357 Mag Vaquero Bisley grip on the .44 Mag Blackhawk, since IMHO the .357 in a Blackhawk is a pussycat and doesn't need the recoil-reducing Bisley grip, BUT the fit was SO different I knew I could never put it back on the .357, so I elected to just order a new Bisley frame.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

My OM SBH, with the Sgt Schultz American Holly grips I purchased from C. Cash here.

My OM BH, in .357 Magnum, with Klamath River polymer grips.

My OM BH, in .30 Carbine, with the original grips and a Bushnell "Magnum Phantom" 2.5x handgun scope mounted on it. It now wears a set of Sambar Stag grips I purchased from OldNo7 here.

Lastly, my OM SS. Okay, not a BH or SBH, but still a Ruger single-action revolver!

This one is also an old picture (all I have on this computer). It is now sporting a set of Esmeralda grips on it!.

Oh, and I almost forgot, Y2K's Bearcat!

It also sports a custom grip by Klamath River.

And heck, I don't even have a picture of my ROA on this computer (purchased here from rjohns94, and actually the only one sporting its original grips!).
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Glad to see that I am not the only one here with a scope on a 30 carbine. It is a great Coyote of opportunity out of the truck window gun... uh, or so I've heard...
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Blackhawks and friends.
OM .45 w/ 7.5"
OM .347 w 4 5/8"
OM SS-6 w 6.5"
IJ .45 with 4 3/4"
Joes SAs.JPG
Single actions are addictive, I don't have near enough.

Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
336A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 336A »

Here are some complimentary phots of my .41 mag BH.

damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

That is nice looking 336A; I've never had the desire for a 41 mag but one like yours could get me interested.
336A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 336A »

Thanks for the kind words, this one is my first SA revolver. It shoots great with 8.5gr of Unique under those 215gr SWC that are pictured. I can't imagine needing much more than what those loads deliver. I need to upgrade those horrid skinny cheese grater stocks though.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

336A wrote:Thanks for the kind words, this one is my first SA revolver. It shoots great with 8.5gr of Unique under those 215gr SWC that are pictured. I can't imagine needing much more than what those loads deliver. I need to upgrade those horrid skinny cheese grater stocks though.
My brother and nephew both tell me how their 41 magnums can do everything that my 44 mags can do. They may be right but I could never see replacing my 44s. Getting a 41 in addition to them, I can go for that... and probably will one day, after I get a Blackhawk 45 convertable.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

One thing about Rugers---I would feel safe with taking one to a secluded land and feel secure. Your Rugers will outlive all of us here. :D

Is this Ruger show off time?
Flattops--the top 3 are the 3 different barrel lengths of the 44--10 & 1/2, 7 & 1/2 and 6 & 1/2. The bottom 2 are .357's.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Sixgun wrote:One thing about Rugers---I would feel safe with taking one to a secluded land and feel secure. Your Rugers will outlive all of us here. :D

Is this Ruger show off time?
Flattops--the top 3 are the 3 different barrel lengths of the 44--10 & 1/2, 7 & 1/2 and 6 & 1/2. The bottom 2 are .357's.
NICE!!!

All I've ever owned were New Models, except my first handgun which was a single six convertable that I had with me when I went into the Army at the Salt Lake City, UT recruiting station in 1973. My Army recruiter was going to send it and the holster to my Dad (for $20). Never saw or heard from the recruiter or the Ruger or the $20 again.

He was the recruiter from Rock Springs, WY (in March 1973) who drove me to Salt Lake to be sworn in before I started basic at Ft. Ord, CA. Still makes me mad when I think about it. I wonder what other stuff he scammed from kids that he signed up.

ANYWAY... Nice flattops. I would especially like to shoot your 10 1/2". That is just too cool!
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Some great looking shooters here, Thought I would show my two (again) and my daughters. The black one is a 5 shot with a little longer cylinder for heavy loads.
It is not the critic who counts
Gary
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gary »

This topic should be renamed, "Club Blackhawk" and we should each be issued member numbers. 8)
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I have 3 rugers. A 1959 single six, a 1985 .32 H&R mag and I bought earlier this year a 44 special.

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Here's the updated pictures I promised:

The Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine with the new stag grips:

And here's the Ruger Single Six:

And the missing picture of the Ruger Old Army:

C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

A family treasure: a Flat Top that was bought new in 1961. It was recently gone over by Alan Harton and the b/c gap was brought to near zero, and forcing cone recut. I could have had it refinished but wanted to leave the dings my Uncle left in there over all those years. Hope to pass it on and that it makes it another 50 years!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Gary wrote:This topic should be renamed, "Club Blackhawk" and we should each be issued member numbers. 8)
Don't forget the secret handshake!
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

What a collection of Rugers! If all goes well this trapping season I'll be joining the "club". Those Flattop 44 specials have been catching my eye for too long now. I'll have to remedy the situation :D .

Eric
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jayhawker »

Club Blackhawk, huh? That almost sounds upscale. For years, the only Blackhawk I owned has been my 357, acquired way back in 1980. It's been a real workhorse and has never failed. I thought it would be the only one I'd ever need.

Recently, I felt the urge for another, this time in 44 Special. This one really is special.
Well done is better than well said.
Derailed
Levergunner

Post by Derailed »

Ok I'll show & tell.
The one on top is a 357 and the one I prefer as of now. The middle one is a SBH liberty model that was my Dads. The bottom one is a SS 45 colt which I haven't shot much. They are all new models.