What kind of reloading press do you have?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Re: What kind of reloading press do you have?

Post by damienph »

2571 wrote:D 550
RockChucker

I'd throw 'em all away except for the Lee Classics
If you can throw it this far, I'll take your Rockchucker.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

single-stage RCBS II, bought it a garage sale for $2.00--I call it a progressive press, because I move from one stage to the other.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

First was a Lee turret press, and I've added a couple Lee "C" presses, a Lee hand press, and a Midway/Franklin "O" press for the .45-120 Sharps. Anymore though, I mostly use a combination of the hand press to deprime, and the C press to reload.
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

rjf415 wrote:single-stage RCBS II, bought it a garage sale for $2.00--I call it a progressive press, because I move from one stage to the other.
8)

I use a RCBS RockChucker II and a Lee hand press to decap and crimp. My setup for all cartridges.
Very simple......... I like simple.

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

An RCBS Ammo Master Auto currently in single stage mode. I just don't load the kind of volume to use the progressive feature.
Last edited by Rimfire McNutjob on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
BobM
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BobM »

I have a Dillon 550 mostly for 45 ACP, with conversion kits for 9mm, 40S&W, 38/357. I have a Redding T7 for rifle loads but haven't used it much yet. I used to use a Rockchucker for the rifle loads.

I also have a C-H Tool & Die, I think it's a 444 Pistol Champ that I use for 357 and 44 Magnum. It was my grandpa's and grandma gave it to me after he passed on.

I also have the Lee Hand Press I use away from the bench, mostly for resizing revolver brass.
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

I use my old Lyman single stage the most, bought it over 40 yrs ago when I was 16 yrs old and first started reloading. Had a Dillon 550 for a few years, was real nice for loading lots brass in a single setting. Sold it after my shooting volume dropped. Also, use a Lee hand press sometimes, nice and portable, but my arthritic hands sure pay a price when I use it much.
UNITE