UPDATE: New Hunting Issue Arose

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

UPDATE: New Hunting Issue Arose

Post by madman4570 »

Guys,

Let me TRY to make this as short as possible.
First, to get what the this is about let me set the stage so to speak.
Back when I was working(all the time,like 60+ hrs a week)other guys in my Lab wanting deer days off etc.quite a few years I didn't get to do the hunting I wanted.I was being a (nice guy)letting quite a few people hunt on me.(like about 15)

Then all He## broke loose,people shooting (what I call fawns/shooting anything that moved)I wasn't there/I was exempt and I had work overload.Then I let (2 friends and 2 relatives)cut some firewood(two of them cut some of my standing cherry trees.

That was it(I said)--------Done,everybody (no hunting/hiking/shooting/wood cutting)no exceptions.
Some were pi##ed, so screw it,if they can't like me for me, not my land(don't need people like that anyway)
So had the whole place surveyed,video'd it being done,had special oil based paint applied to the line(which I keep updated)took special landmark readings that cannot be cut/moved etc.and buried certain special colored glass(cant be metal detected(items )all the same in the ground at certain hiiden distances from various landmarks/and boundry line with a GPS for my review if ever in question.Also put up new posters on treated plywood bases every 100ft(what a job) :roll:

So, yesterday while in the Hemlocks on an upper ridge(about when that red squirrel was going nuts)I hear way down on the road
couple ATV's pull up.People talking,hard to tell if they are on my side of the road by a steep logroad going into my woods or across the large creek in a field not owned by me???

But,I hear someone saying(if you park it/park it in the woods????)
Then I hear let's test it(and someone shoots off 5 fast rds like from a semi-auto)
It almost sounded like a atv was starting to come up my logroad.(no one would have thought I was close enough to hear them in the middle of the mountain.
Don't know if you remember me saying last Friday night (before hunting season)at dark around 7pm/8pm I heard gunshots that (seemed)on me????????

So, as of today-----------------I have started a new thing this season.
Already did it once and will do it 4-5 times daily at different times.While I do have my gun/coat/nikons deer hunting is taking a back seat compared to a thorough constant quiet stalk operartion to secure my property.
If caught I will follow the rules as stated in the NYS Land Owner Rights and they will be held for the State Police and prosecuted.
So,will I get a deer???? My normal hunting method is to pick my spot(and be like a statue for however it takes)but because I have been gone away awhile(but still hunted etc.)now coming back------Their fun will end! :evil:
Game on

Let me be clear,I am not saying that there could be a very select certain few that will be hunting with me,but that will be up to me!
And this year(don't know if that will happen)
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Re: UPDATE: New Hunting Issue Arose

Post by Borregos »

Keep us posted on events.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

We had the same thing back in the '60's - people cutting cables, vandalizing, running deer at night with dogs into barbed-wire they strung up, then shooting them under spotlight, and just generally irritating those of us who were landowners.

Thankfully, a degree of aggressiveness that wouldn't fly in this day and age, applied consistently, got the 'word out', and people knew it was not a nice place* to hunt/fish/hike/pick mushrooms/dig up plants/cut wood/pick blackberries.

But of course it actually IS a nice place to do those things - just not if you're an uninvited 'guest' (i.e. no-account thief).

* When you and three friends wordlessly appear dressed in camo and/or 'Josey Wales' ponchos, toting Mini-14's with drum-magazines, or .45-70's with glittering bandoleers full of ammo, and looking a little 'crazed' - we actually practiced some facial twitches :lol: - it gets real quiet for a minute, while the trespassers elbow each other or whatever and all start looking your way. Then if one of you just quietly says "This ain't a real safe place to go fishin'...", then you filter back into the brush, the effect is pretty good. Even the macho dudes who would otherwise argue or fight have an 'out' vs. confrontation, because they can say to their girlfriend or buddies later "Man, those dudes were crazy. . . I ain't goin' back there. . !" Anything more conventional we found would provoke an argument about 'property rights', because they didn't want to be embarassed in front of their friends, and too much chance of an actual fight. Fortunately the sheriff back then pretty much supported the rural landowners, (although he did recommend that we just let the air out of their tires, instead of just slashing them or shooting holes through the rims... :( ).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Madman, that would have me torqued, but man is what man is. One of the most treacherous creatures on earth. And it only takes a few to ruin for the many. Just be darn careful. Some of those yahoos won't hesitate for a minute to do a person harm if they feel their bacons about to get cooked. Watch you six cause they usually hunt in packs, they're cowards and need support.
Old Law Dawg
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

kimwcook wrote:Madman, that would have me torqued, but man is what man is. One of the most treacherous creatures on earth. And it only takes a few to ruin for the many. Just be darn careful. Some of those yahoos won't hesitate for a minute to do a person harm if they feel their bacons about to get cooked. Watch you six cause they usually hunt in packs, they're cowards and need support.
Yepper.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Did two covert operations so far(going out again now)Don't know about 4 or 5 times a day ??? (too far)more like 3
One thing(now I am really pi##ed)doing all these miles of walking(carrying my M70)went down and did 3 less reps on my benching. :o :cry:

Those little/or big pe##erwoods.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I hope you find them my friend. Shame it has to be that way. Your kind heart in the past was taken advantage of. I hope you soon find and have removed the trespassers. Seems this country is going the way of no manners. (this board excepted) blessings
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

ATV+gas+match= :twisted: or ATV-tyre valves=flats= :twisted:

Take care friend!
N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Thanks guys!
My wife just doesn't understand.
She hears a gun shot at night and thinks I am way over board on no one messing with the land.
Tonight if I hear a shot at sundown,I am going out on the log roads flashlight off.
I will find what's what these next two weeks our I will die trying.

Wife got mad at me this morning,I said "ya know how I would feel if someone violated you" she said ya----
I said violating my land(is one step above that)She was pi##ed. :?:
We will see my boys(just wait) :wink:

ya know how ya feel when you watch that sad abused dog ad where Sarah McLaughlin:)is singing that sad song???
That's how I feel if any scum are abusing the game on my land and jacking them at night is below low.
Maybe I am wrong??? Maybe it's the neighbors place and they don't care???(It's still not right and needs to be fixed)
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

Mad I feel your pain .I hunted Delaware co. And Broome co my entire hunting career on state land. If people abuse your private land you can imagine what shenanigans they pull on state. Just be careful what you post on a public forum, just incase you meet up with these a-----es and it goes real bad. Don't let them ruin your hunting season, we only get so many. Good luck.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Yep........... It'd be a real shame, if some strange ATV was parked, right where you dropped a HUGE tree with yer chainsaw..................... :roll:

GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

madman,
Those fellas 'ought to be bullwhipped. :x
Just be careful out there.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

When your a steward of the land , it get s annoying when other people don't respect the land and it's resources like you do. Plus people like to show up for all benifits of owning land , but are never around when it's time to fix fence or help cut firewood. They need to earn the privilage to hunt. Plus get to know your nieghbors and work together on this problem. Enjoy your time in the woods and Good Luck!
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

kimwcook wrote:Madman, that would have me torqued, but man is what man is. One of the most treacherous creatures on earth. And it only takes a few to ruin for the many. Just be darn careful. Some of those yahoos won't hesitate for a minute to do a person harm if they feel their bacons about to get cooked. Watch you six cause they usually hunt in packs, they're cowards and need support.
+1
It is not the critic who counts
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

They aren't just hunters, they are armed trespassers.

Just be careful out there.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

I wish you the best in this situation. Be careful not only for yourself but also in a legal situation. I am suspecting that New York State is like many northeast states where you cannot use lethal force unless you are in fear of your life. You can't protect private property like some southern or western states. I have a landowner friend in Connecticut who contacts the game wardens because if he confronted a trespasser they can always say that they were confronted by an armed man. Then the tables can be turned on you and not the truly guilty.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pete44ru wrote:Yep........... It'd be a real shame, if some strange ATV was parked, right where you dropped a HUGE tree with yer chainsaw..................... :roll:
Yeah, or if they accidentally parked under a brick-tree - sometimes they fall off, and they can do more damage than apples or walnuts do.

Really though, the best 'revenge' is getting them in trouble with the law, particularly the DNR/game warden, if it is hunting-related. That way they are not as likely to escalate and start a 'range war' on you. Yeah, no doubt if push-came-to-shove, you could 'win', because you know the terrain, and you may have what the newspapers would call an 'arsenal' to tote along with you. May even have night-vision binoculars, or a night vision scope. May have a .50 BMG full-auto for all I know. . . but . . . THAT kind of a 'win' WILL make you the bad-guy, and the newspapers WILL write about your 'arsenal', and crucify you. In fact, the bad-guys next-of-kin will probably be happy to attend your funeral, and leer at your wife, while their lawyers gear up to take your land from her.

So, much as it hurts to say-so, it really IS better to let the game warden land on them, instead of a tree or brick.

Ahhh. . . < sigh > . . . I miss the good-old-days. . . :(
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I may have missed it but did you say how many acres you have?
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Didn't say but enough! :D
Somewhere between 1 and 1024