1895 Winchester Gunsmithing

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rap Scallion
Levergunner

1895 Winchester Gunsmithing

Post by Rap Scallion »

I need some help.....I am rebuilding, restoring, trying to put an old gun back into shooting condition. :o

I have pretty much got er figured out except for reinstalling the magazine with the carrier and coiled carrier spring. I got it put together outside of the gun and the spring wound up, lifter and all works properly, but outside of making a dummy pin to hold it all together and then poke it out through the opposite side I don't hav e a clue to get this all done inside the gun! Is there some secret Winchester club to belong to to accomplish this or is the dummy pin the way to do it? :roll:

BTW.....Bonus info......Numrich has the coiled carrier springs, they are listed under the Japanese newly made 1895 rifles. There is a schematic and a parts list for them.........Get em while they last! They are as scarce as hens teeth! :D
William G "Bill" Martin
NRA, TSRA, CAS 54735
USMC 1959-1970 RVN Vet
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Re: 1895 Winchester Gunsmithing

Post by Shasta »

It has been some time since I had my 95 apart, but as I recall, a slave pin (dummy pin) is needed to reassemble the magazine. You have the right idea.

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Re: 1895 Winchester Gunsmithing

Post by OJ »

North Cape Publications sells the Winchester Lever Action books (3 in all) by Arthur Pirkle - very detailed - might be the best place to find help - and have if needed in the future. Here's the place - #3 deals with the 94 and 95 models

https://www.northcapepubs.com/
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER