Big Pamona gun show banned

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Big Pamona gun show banned

Post by getitdone1 »

Holy cow, just now read on internet that they banned the huge Pamona Gun Show I used to go to in Pamona, CA. Believe they said they moved it to Las Vegas, Nevada. Won't be going there!

I know this is very old news for some of you but sure surprised me.

What is now the best gun show in southeren CA--when held and where? Have some guns to sell.

Thanks,

Don
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Big Pamona gun show banned

Post by m.wun »

They did that so long ago I couldnt even tell you when it was!It was a great show,with
8 miles of tables.
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

They banned it because nobody knew how to spell "Ponoma". I think there's a big Glendale gun show now.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

The Left is doing its best to completely disarm the PRK, as quickly as possible.. Then they'll come for the rest of us..
Problem is, they accomplished their goals in Kalifornia so easily, without a credible fight from the armed citizens..
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Bis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bis »

The last gun show at Pomona had to be at least 13 years ago. Use to live about 10 miles from the place. What a great show.
when your enemy is within range so are you
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I was gonna say "no comment." But, I'm sincere when I offer my condolences Don on your move back CA. The CARB has outlawed my truck from CA as of 1/1/12, so it'll not see me again. For me to buy a new, or even used "CA Certified" truck in this business climate not feasible. Stay stocked up on toilet paper, it's not made there in sufficient quantities to meet the CA demand.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Bis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bis »

What kind of a truck could be so bad that you can't a waiver or something like that.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

losing Pomona ain't no big thang ......

they just moved it 5 miles away to Ontario. And they still do Costa Mesa.

http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/calendar.php

Cheers,

Carl
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

new pig hunter,

Thanks for that gun show list.

Don
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Buck Elliott wrote:The Left is doing its best to completely disarm the PRK, as quickly as possible.. Then they'll come for the rest of us..
Problem is, they accomplished their goals in Kalifornia so easily, without a credible fight from the armed citizens..

And you know this how? When you're outnumbered almost 3-1 you can write letters and make calls till you're blue in the face, but when push comes to shove, there are only a few of us and so many of them. I am sooooo fed up with people blaming CA gun owners for the moronic laws that get passed here. Even Arnold found out that when you are outnumbered so badly, it does not matter what your values are, they will win.

Sorry for the rant, but put the blame where it belongs, with the flaming liberals that make up the vast majority of the people here. If you sawed off the first 10 miles inland from the coast of CA, this would be the most conservative state in the lower 48.

Take a look sometime at the county by county voting when elections roll around. By county count, the republicans out number the dems about 4-1, but all the population is in those "other" counties. There are more people in Los Angeles COUNTY alone, than about 5 of the STATES in your area, combined.

Cut us some slack!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

As a former resident of Komifornia, I have to agree that the gun owners are so outnumbered they have little chance to prevail. The only thing to do is move out of that state. I first moved there in 1956 and over the years I watched the anti-business, pro deadbeat climate grow and fester until by 1980 I had had enough.

I told the wife and kids that although we were fine financially there, I couldn't stomach the place any longer so we moved to Colorado. Best thing I ever did for the family and it turns out it was the best thing to do financially too. Karen's whole family still lives in Northern Komifornia but neither of us have any interest in going back to visit because they all like to come out here so much better.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

+1 Handi and COSteve.

I always vote ..... and have learned my vote only serves to keep the vote counters employed. Does that make me a part of BoBama's "make yobs" effort ??

Cheers,

Carl
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

handirifle wrote:
Buck Elliott wrote:The Left is doing its best to completely disarm the PRK, as quickly as possible.. Then they'll come for the rest of us..

And you know this how? When you're outnumbered almost 3-1 you can write letters and make calls till you're blue in the face, but when push comes to shove, there are only a few of us and so many of them. I am sooooo fed up with people blaming CA gun owners for the moronic laws that get passed here. Even Arnold found out that when you are outnumbered so badly, it does not matter what your values are, they will win.

Sorry for the rant, but put the blame where it belongs, with the flaming liberals that make up the vast majority of the people here. If you sawed off the first 10 miles inland from the coast of CA, this would be the most conservative state in the lower 48.

Take a look sometime at the county by county voting when elections roll around. By county count, the republicans out number the dems about 4-1, but all the population is in those "other" counties. There are more people in Los Angeles COUNTY alone, than about 5 of the STATES in your area, combined.

Cut us some slack!
Handi, it's not worth getting your blood pressure up, the contingent that needs to feel superior is always there. Most of them couldn't handle the inconveniences we deal with every day. I like the fact that we keep shooting, buying ammo, buying guns, hunting, and living as a thorn in the side of the gun-grabbers. If I go hiking I take a gun and make sure they see me with it over my shoulder. I know it upsets them. In. Your. Face.

To the out-of-staters I say, sure we could cut and run and live in our own little world somewhere but we're tougher than that.

More than anyplace I've been, LA is gun-crazy. The lines at the gun stores are amazing. The target range where I go just started selling pistols and now have a whole wall of evil black AR looking things, riot shotguns, and every time I stop in someone is filling out paperwork. The outdoor range is always jammed. A few dozen Eastern liberals that live in Sacramento do what they can do, but guns in CA are alive and well.

As for the Ponoma Gun Show, it sounds like it ended on its own, maybe the rent got too high or parking got to be a problem, or something like that. Was it really banned (by local action) or did it just die out? Things end for all sorts of reasons, maybe the person who organized it retired. It might be nice to find out why before you imply it was banned by state fiat and all the Chicken Little's jump on the bandwagon.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

CA gun shows are no more. What little remains are just flea markets with a few gun things in the mix. "Crossroads Of The West" is one of the more serious violators of this abomination. I ceased to attend many moons ago. :(
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I wish the gun loving Californians would cut and run up here to Oregon! Problem is the Ca. who do run up here are often the ones you guys don't mind seeing leave, and they bring their twisted liberal values north with them.
We're inundated with the liberal Ca. crowd who want to introduce the same politics that have made the good people of Ca. miserable, and many Oregonians have decided to cut and run elsewhere too!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Mike D. wrote:CA gun shows are no more. What little remains are just flea markets with a few gun things in the mix. "Crossroads Of The West" is one of the more serious violators of this abomination. I ceased to attend many moons ago. :(

Mike,

You ought to make plans to attend the Redding Breakfast Lions Club Gun & Antiques Show at the Redding Convention Center March 3 & 4, 2012. It's a small but true gun show, without the flea sale tables. You will not see tables full of G.I. surplus or those EBRs (evil black rifles). Emphasis is on collector and hunting guns, with historical displays all along the walls. Most prices do seem high to me, but real bargains can be found. I never fail to find something worth buying. The gun show is on the main floor, and there is an antiques show, popular with the ladies, held upstairs away from the gun show, and both can be accessed for the same entry fee, traditionally six dollars at the door.

As a bonus, if you come on Saturday you can stop by the Olde West Gun & Loan store on North Market Street. They have a splendid assortment of old Winchesters as well as new and used guns of all types.

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I'll put that on my calendar, Shasta, and do my best to attend. My folks lived in Red Bluff for nearly 40 yrs and we made many trips to Redding. We have some good friends in the area, too.:D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

I was born and raised in CA, I attended the last Pomona one. They didn't quit because they wanted to, some idiot passed a law. More than likely "to protect the children" or something else just as stupid.

I moved out of CA in January 2000, so it had to be mid '99 sometime.
Bis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bis »

El Chivo. The Pomona gun show was officially called the Great Western Gun Show and was going strong in Downey (I think, it has been to many years) in the 70's. It got so big that it had to move to the L. A. County Fair Grounds. The show was huge, probably to big. The ATF or some government group sent in under cover people and they found the bad apples at the show and were able to buy parts to conver a weapon to full auto along with some straw deals and that was the demise of the Pomona gun show.