How important are handguns to you?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Re: How important are handguns to you?

Post by 2X22 »

How important are handguns to ME? Hmmm...

Lets just say I have rifles to go along with my handguns.

Not vice versa. :mrgreen:

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Cruise
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cruise »

6pt-sika wrote:
madman4570 wrote: For a LEO or someone that really has been there/done that in ready to go all the way(right then/right now)guess it's cool, but also there are many that are paranoid and make them feel far away from when they got their heads put in the toilet in High School making them brave.

Let me start off by saying nothing against any ex cops here or present for that matter . What I'm about to say is based on the majority of the cops I've been around at the local gunclub .

Now then I would say 75% of the local cops I've had the pleasure or displeasure of being around at my local club cannot shoot as well as they would lead one to believe . As a matter of fact that 75% generally shot worse then most of the folks at the club and it wasn't just with handguns .
By my own admission I am no longer what I would call a good pistol/revolver shot . But even with my own admissions I was better then most of these guys .

Now on the other hand I know exactly 5 cops and or excops that can shoot the eyes out of a nat at 15 yards with a revolver or pistol .
These same gentleman are also excellent rifle shots , with one or two being fair to middlin with a shotgun (skeet, trap , birds) .

I might further add these same 5 guys are not always droning on and on about tactical this and defensive shooting that . They are all pretty low keyed about the whole thing which probably makes me like them a good bit more then the other 75% .

Now could this all have to do with the fact that those five fellows are ALL 40+ and the other 75% are mainly under 40 with a good many still being under 30 . Perhaps the fact that they'd not been in the profession that long and had time to mellow was part of the reason they didn't shoot as well and were not always fun to be around .
Sierra Hotel!!! :D :D :D

I have always found the same. Also, as a former pilot (RVN Forward Air Controller - FAC) it was the same. We used to call them Seagulls!: They walked around a lot and squawked a lot but you had to throw rocks at them to get them to fly! They could tell you when it was going to rain, how hard it was going to rain, but didn't have enough sense to come in out of the rain!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cruise
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cruise »

Cruise wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:
madman4570 wrote: For a LEO or someone that really has been there/done that in ready to go all the way(right then/right now)guess it's cool, but also there are many that are paranoid and make them feel far away from when they got their heads put in the toilet in High School making them brave.

Let me start off by saying nothing against any ex cops here or present for that matter . What I'm about to say is based on the majority of the cops I've been around at the local gunclub .

Now then I would say 75% of the local cops I've had the pleasure or displeasure of being around at my local club cannot shoot as well as they would lead one to believe . As a matter of fact that 75% generally shot worse then most of the folks at the club and it wasn't just with handguns .
By my own admission I am no longer what I would call a good pistol/revolver shot . But even with my own admissions I was better then most of these guys .

Now on the other hand I know exactly 5 cops and or excops that can shoot the eyes out of a nat at 15 yards with a revolver or pistol .
These same gentleman are also excellent rifle shots , with one or two being fair to middlin with a shotgun (skeet, trap , birds) .

I might further add these same 5 guys are not always droning on and on about tactical this and defensive shooting that . They are all pretty low keyed about the whole thing which probably makes me like them a good bit more then the other 75% .

Now could this all have to do with the fact that those five fellows are ALL 40+ and the other 75% are mainly under 40 with a good many still being under 30 . Perhaps the fact that they'd not been in the profession that long and had time to mellow was part of the reason they didn't shoot as well and were not always fun to be around .
Sierra Hotel!!! :D :D :D

I have always found the same. Also, as a former pilot (RVN Forward Air Controller - FAC) it was the same. We used to call them Seagulls!: They walked around a lot and squawked a lot but you had to throw rocks at them to get them to fly! They could tell you when it was going to rain, how hard it was going to rain, but didn't have enough sense to come in out of the rain!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That said, my Colt 1911 Lt Wt Officer model by Dave Lauck goes with me always. It simply disappears in a proper carry rig. Back up is a Brownchester .45LC Trapper or a Winnie 94 Trapper .30-30 on a "sky rack" in my 4runner.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

We used to have an annual, local shoot-out between the Cops (PDs & SO) and the Cowboy Shooters.. It faded into oblivion a few years ago, because the best shooters the Cops could field for the event were no real competition for the CAS waddies.. The result was an undercurrent of negative publicity, and the Cops pulled out, unilaterally.. there were some mumbled excuses about "scheduling conflicts," &c., but the real reasons were plain as a wart on a beauty queen... Most of our sworn defenders can't shoot for sour owl stuff, under the casual pressure of a friendly competition.. Who knows what might happen in "real" life..? It's a good thing our local CAS-men are a law-abiding bunch..!!!
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

As I fully excepted I'm kinda the odd man out and in some ways I'm surprised that I'm not the only one. As I stated in my OP I rarely CC or see any need for me to carry any more or any less in the foreseeable future. But there's a big difference between having no need and having handguns be less important. Still plan on taking a handgun with on trips, still plan on one while camping, still might carry when I go to the city, hikes/fishing maybe, etc etc.

Less important is a relative term. My feeling on "needs" as applied to handguns hasn't changed. Handguns have been and will continue to be a part of my life for the same reasons many of you choose. Guess for my part in this thread "less important" should be replaced by "less important RECREATIONALLY". Just getting less and less interested in hunting and range time with handguns than I have been in the last 20 years which truth be told was the main reason for all of my gun purchases over the years. SD for me was always a secondary benefit. I never ever bought a handgun (or any gun for that matter) for the primary reason of SD. Always figured my recreational guns could pull double duty when I felt the need.

LK
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

Buck Elliott wrote:We used to have an annual, local shoot-out between the Cops (PDs & SO) and the Cowboy Shooters.. It faded into oblivion a few years ago, because the best shooters the Cops could field for the event were no real competition for the CAS waddies.. The result was an undercurrent of negative publicity, and the Cops pulled out, unilaterally.. there were some mumbled excuses about "scheduling conflicts," &c., but the real reasons were plain as a wart on a beauty queen... Most of our sworn defenders can't shoot for sour owl stuff, under the casual pressure of a friendly competition.. Who knows what might happen in "real" life..? It's a good thing our local CAS-men are a law-abiding bunch..!!!
and its a really good thing that most of the criminal element, at least in cities, are even worse shots......guess they don't spend much time at the range, too busy being criminals.
cable
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

How important to me? I am never without one - period. I wake up and I am carrying before my boots go on and am carrying after my boots come off - and my boots don't come off until I get in bed. When I sleep a handgun is within short reach, when camping my handgun never comes off.

I have carried or been within arm’s reach of a gun since I was ten years old. Where I grew up an axe was the weapon of choice, and I'd seen a number of axe wounds long before my voice began to crack and acquire a little bass. I grew up where violence was only ended by greater violence and the law only got involved when very narrow and specific parameters’ were violated. In that environment, a gun becomes your friend very quickly. Early on it was long guns, but once I reached my later teen years it became a handgun (the first handloading I ever did was for a 44 Special revolver).

When I moved from my home town - which is somewhat more peaceful now that meth has replaced the violent mixture of LSD and whiskey - and out into the real world, I found it to be only a little less threatening, only better hidden. And since that time I've still witnessed violence, life threatening or life changing violence, that can and does occur when least expected, in places one wouldn't expect, and in an instant. We live in an ugly violent world where you and/or your loved ones can become a victim without warning. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. So yes, a handgun is very important to me. It is like food, water, and shelter - it is a necessary element that keeps me and my family alive.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

madman4570 wrote:
Buck Elliott wrote:A handgun is my constant companion, and a great comfort wherever I go.. A great many of my friends and neighbors feel and act the same way, which is a Huge reason that crimes against strangers are almost unheard of in these parts.. A crook would have to assume that anyone he didn't know was probably packing.. Not a good choice for a stickup or home invasion or carjacking.. And those activities are virtually unheard of around here..

Does packing a pistol mean I'm paranoid..? Not hardly.. Just the opposite, in fact.. It means I have done a lot of things to keep from being attacked or victimized in some way.. The bad guys are the ones who are paranoid, as they should be..!

If I were to chose to get a concealed carry permit, Wyoming is a 'must issue' state, but state law Recognizes my God-given right, and allows either open or concealed carry Without a permit, as well..
Buck, please don't think for one minute I was meaning anyone on here being paranoid.
I meant a few guys i worked with(to me seemed paranoid)
I remember taking a coffee break with one and I was saying to him the night before took the wife to a movie and I stopped these two guys from butting in front of us.(he said---"that wouldn't have went well with me cause I am always packing" :shock:
I said---dude you going to shoot a couple guys over that or even show your piece or elude to having one????
He said" If I need to"
You have to see where we live(I think the closest city to us was rated the 4th safest city in the US)
Most people in town I know by name!
I just feel weird packing going to the Malls around here(things could change though)???
You,where you live----just the thought of a mountain lion waiting by my car(might be enough for me to strap on daily) :lol:
Not for nuthin but I imagine alot more people are victims of violent crime in lower NYS than are victims of animal attacks in Wyoming. Its true we have our share of blowhards, but the fact is if your friend actually acted the way he talks he wouldnt have a permit in NYS. My uncles in Port Chester cant even get a full carry if they wanted one, they are restricted to ranges & hunting.
I used to feel slightly out of place when I first started carrying. Not its no different than dropping my wallet in my pocket. If I'm there a gun is there. If some folks think I'm paranoid I dont really care just like they dont care that I think them irresponsible for not taking common sense precautions. Its a free country. :wink:
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

I stopped these two guys from butting in front of us.(he said---"that wouldn't have went well with me cause I am always packing" :shock:
I said---dude you going to shoot a couple guys over that or even show your piece or elude to having one????
He said" If I need to"
that's not acceptable behavior by anyone whether they have a pistol or a permit or not. Never has been.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Idahoser wrote:
I stopped these two guys from butting in front of us.(he said---"that wouldn't have went well with me cause I am always packing" :shock:
He said" If I need to"
that's not acceptable behavior by anyone whether they have a pistol or a permit or not. Never has been.
I agree. If you are carrying, you should think ahead, and do it before you leave your home, to what you should do in many different scenarios. Some things just don't rise to the level that you should threaten to pull a gun. On the other hand, if the situation demands it, don't hesitate at all. Think about it before you leave home. That person would have probably escalated situation into violence when crowd disapproval might have been enough. I have noticed that yelling, "Hey, no cutting in line!" seems to work well.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Idahoser wrote:
He said" If I need to"

In the off chance i am packing heat , I prefer to think back to what i was told in my military training years before --- and that is to be a "quiet professional" when interacting with the general public and non combat arms personnell.
The GP (general public) should not be aware of what you are capable of unless something happens that genuinely forces you to take action
----- Doug
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

While I've had a CCW permit for almost 15 years, I find that I only carry one anymore when I'm in the woods (always) or when we're on a road trip (in case we break down on some dark, lonely road). I also have them within easy reach around the house should someone try to break in while we're there. However, that's very unlikely as we live in an area that has a very low crime rate, in part because there's a sheriff's office only 1.5 miles away and they patrol our valley quite often.

That said, I wouldn't feel comfortable without a handgun because they are and have always been, a great source of pleasure and sport to me. I started shooting when I was 8 with my Daisey BB gun, graduated to a 22 rifle at 10, and shot my first pistol soon after and I've never stopped enjoying the sport, be it hunting, plinking, or competing.

I like the look and feel of my handguns.
I like them because shooting long range with one is a challenge I always enjoy.
I like handguns because they're hard to shoot consistently and accurately unless I keep in practice.
I like them because no matter how many problems I have on my mind, I feel at peace and calm when I'm shooting.

In fact, I like the look and feel of all my firearms as there's something special about holding, working on, or shooting them that I can't quite put into words.
I like to teach new shooters how to properly handle and use both handguns and long guns.
I like to see the smile on their faces when they can hit what they aim at.
I like firearms because owning and shooting them makes me smile.

I just couldn't imagine being without handguns and long guns nearby.

Besides, without them how could I come up with empty brass to reload? :lol:
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

No comment. Lots of thought provoking ones here tho'! :) :) :)
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

Handguns are important enough to me that I regularly shot with killing accuracy at 100 yds with my cowboy handgun. A handgun is on my side when I'm on my place-- bad dogs, and snakes (too close for comfort). I do plan to get my CCL because of the screwy meaning of "traveling" as stated by our judiciary. Justified use of self defense without a license would most likely be a misdemeanor with a huge amount of paper work. Less paperwork if CCL, so it's practical.

There's a lawyer attached to every primer, so as Mas Ayoob says "only in the gravest extreme" would a member of the public know about my handgun. You can have my couch or tv, even my truck--saves me a trip to the dump (and it's all insured anyway). But, don't be coming back for seconds or messin' with my family.

Good buddy is a LEO, and darn fine shot handgun to 25 yds or rifle even with irons to 100 yds as verified in front of me. His major problem, from my vantage point, is not being allowed to wear any uniform other than his badge & CC while on active patrol in our building. Yet, he is expected to be a first responder where local PD could easily mistake him for a BG. The reason--too many people in our state building might be scared of his gun if it were visible, so he doesn't even get a uniform, just a badge & CC he must convince local PD or other state investigator, etc. that he is legit. That's just wrong headed in my opinion!

In Texas, the definition of traveling has been screwed up for many years, so a CCL is the best assurance you can have of not having LEO problems when you CC. Strange because even as of 1852, CC was required in many towns to prevent the drovers from too easily slapping leather with open carry.

rimrock
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Rimrock,

I thought they got that cleared up... doesn't require the traveling overnight or more'n one county from yours... several years ago. Kinda eliminated the issues with carrying in your vehicle... tho' not so much just carryin'. A CHL IS much better from a personal protection standpoint... both from badguys and over-zealous prosecutors.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

I subscribe to the Mr. Kieth school of thought on handguns. If I'm vertical I got a revolver on my hip (or on rare in-town circumstances, in pocket). Things are just wild enough up here on the farm or out in the woods that it is prudent to be armed and in town it is my duty to protect myself and those around me if anything should happen.
Plus, I am simply a handgun nut. I love shooting my revolvers and do so every day. I can't imagine not having them.

Eric
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

I hold with Booger Bill (post14). Carried 24/7 all my adult life 'cause my dept. required it. Handgun & its liability is a PIA. Ever stop to wonder why you ccw in a church, library,funeral parlor or at your kid's NCAA event?

"He who would speak convicingly of peace does not go about armed" -- Kwai Chiang Caine as King Fu.

Got nothing against guns. I shoot handguns often but more than rifles because I've had eye surgery & ended up cross dominant.
Rafe Covington
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Rafe Covington »

I enjoy my lever guns but enjoy my revolvers and TC's alot more, will always be a handgun shooter and hunter more than a rifle shooter and hunter.

Rafe
Death Before Dishonor
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

Griff,

The NRA backed "castle doctrine" did pass in Texas. You no longer have to retreat while in your home or in your car, and you can use enough force to make people leave you, your family, and other people or property alone. Once you stop the car while traveling, get out, and check in at the hotel, you have to leave your piece in the hotel room according to some local PDs. In the right circumstances, I'd argue that if I got back in my car to sight see around town, I had a right to also carry in the car during during that time. Many prosecutors in Texas are anti-gun, and will impose the criminal justice system even if you end up getting off. You still are intimidated because you have to pay a ton of attorney's fees. It most likely would be a misdemeanor for no CCL, but why get hassled?

rimrock
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Dang, I thought in Texas you could pretty much do anything with a gun and you were golden.
Old Law Dawg
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

The first handgun I ever bought and owned was a US stamped, 1917 Colt New Service .45 acp from a table piled high with them at a Montgomery Ward's store in Dallas, TX. Price was $17.99. That was my first "very own" firearm. 18 years old at the time and my dad was there when I bought it. Don't remember if he had to sign for it, or if it was bought as his or mine. I only remember that it was my FIRST and I've never been without a handgun since. Many guns have come and gone from my accumulation over the years since that one, but I've never been without a handgun. And doubt I ever will be, as long as I'm drawing breath! I love the hunting rifles in my safe and the couple of shotguns I use to hunt with and shoot the occasional round of sporting clays. But I'll always have a handgun when I leave the house, whether to attend to farm chores or a trip to town. Doesn't matter, I'll have a handgun close by. Been that way since 1960 and doubt it will ever change, ... as long as I'm not permanently horizontal.:wink:
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Very important. I have 7. They each have a different function. I carry at least one 24/7/365. Period!!!!!!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

A handgun has pretty much been an extension of my hide, for 35 years now. And that's just the 'legal' years., LOL.

I like 45's in full grown pistols and the .38 in a belly gun. I'm well-fixed for those. I need a .22 and I'm torn between Buckmarks and old Hi-Standards, and the Ruger Bearcat.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Very important, even now that I am not required to have one 24-7, I carry at least one 24/7/365. Handguns are to give me the time to get to a long gun. I have been lucky enough to work with some of the best shots I have ever seen in both the military and Law enforcement a handgun master badge or distinguished rifle badge was common.
I will forever be a sheepdog.
It is not the critic who counts
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Paladin wrote:I will forever be a sheepdog.
Woof, woof! :D
Old Law Dawg
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I sit here in my sweats... with an NAA .32 in a pocket. Any questions?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
kevin in nh
Levergunner 1.0

Post by kevin in nh »

I carry 24/7.......I mind my business and have no intention of hurting anyone else, and expect the same. I have carried everything you could think of and it's my Kahr PM909 w/ +P+ 9 mil Gold dots., or 38 Body guard....and being a LEO I can carry anywhere....when I scout I switch to my 640 2" .357 as we occasionally have bears and its just prudent to have more than a cell phone. Matter of fact I scared off a big one....that dressed 330 lbs....thats pretty big for seacoast NH.....I had arrowed an 8 point and he smelled it.....it was great to see such an animal....I will never not carry......just that simple.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

kimwcook wrote:Dang, I thought in Texas you could pretty much do anything with a gun and you were golden.

Nope. They only got concealed carry fairly recently. If I recall right theres a female representative in Texas who was in & lost family members in a mass shooting in a resturant. She had a gun but it was out in the car because you couldnt carry concealed. She campaigned on that, won & got CCW passed. Something along those lines anyway. States can be pretty weird the way they all come at things different. Seems a simple thing to me. If you can own it you can carry it, end of story.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Leverdude wrote:Seems a simple thing to me. If you can own it you can carry it, end of story.
kimwcook wrote:Dang, I thought in Texas you could pretty much do anything with a gun and you were golden.

I wholly agree and it should be nation wide. People don't just stay in their home states, they travel. They should be able to defend them and theirs anywhwere within the nation. Why we as a people don't push this agenda hard until it's law is beyond me. Now, I know recently there's been legislation to that end, but it's not done yet as far as I know. I'm an LEO and I believe it to be more than common sense. Without it we just turn legal citizens into criminals all for protecting themselves.
Old Law Dawg
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

The only reason a pistol is important to me is because the current faint hearted society would freak if I walked around with a rifle, and it's illegal most areas, and if not would probably get you arrested by the local LE gang anyway for inciting a panic or similar offense. Otherwise, just like one of my jobs, a rifle is what I would carry. If I can shoot out of or bail out of a humvee loaded down with body armor and kit, I can surely do it from my spacious in comparison F250.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

kimwcook wrote:
Leverdude wrote:Seems a simple thing to me. If you can own it you can carry it, end of story.

I wholly agree and it should be nation wide. People don't just stay in their home states, they travel. They should be able to defend them and theirs anywhwere within the nation. Why we as a people don't push this agenda hard until it's law is beyond me. Now, I know recently there's been legislation to that end, but it's not done yet as far as I know. I'm an LEO and I believe it to be more than common sense. Without it we just turn legal citizens into criminals all for protecting themselves.

Yup, 'cept we wouldnt need laws about reciprocity if we didnt need permits. I can sort of understand thinking we needed them at one time, even though I still cant square them if its a right. But today they check you instantly every time you buy one. I doubt the state of CT subjected me to greater scrutiny when I got my permit here than it does each & every time I buy any gun, I know NH didnt do anything but file the paperwork & cash my check. Charging people so they can walk around with a gun is hard for me to justify.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Handguns are not way up on my list as compared to long guns. I do hold mine as important, since I have a carry permit, and also plink a little with them, but I don't collect them.
Rifles get much more use hunting, plinking, and collecting for me.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I may have posted this before, but if I had to choose between the 'one' handgun that can do the most varied tasks (a Ruger Redhawk in .45 Colt), and the 'one' rifle that can do the most varied tasks (much harder to say, but could be a Ruger 10/22, an AR-15, Thompson-Center Encore, or perhaps a Marlin 1894 in .45 Colt), unless there are really stampeding zombies headed my way, the Redhawk can do more of what the Marlin 1894 can do, than the opposite, mostly because the Redhawk can more easily be concealed, thus serving in the 'personal protection' role more effectively.

I know that this wasn't a "if you could have only one gun" question, but a world where there would be 'only one gun' allowed would be a world likely in some form of police-state chaos, and one therefore where the things handguns can do better might be even more important than usual.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CraigC »

They're extremely important to me. While I consider myself better with rifles and get more actual practical use out of rifles, handguns in general and revolvers in particular are more interesting to me. More of my fun shooting is done with sixguns. I also take my sixgun shooting much more seriously but I will probably never master them.