Pedersoli Baby Rolling Block Action Strength

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Dingelfutz
Levergunner

Pedersoli Baby Rolling Block Action Strength

Post by Dingelfutz »

The Remington rolling block action has a reputation for being a strong one. Would I be very far offbase to assume that the actions of Pedersoli's would have a strength rating that would be similar to that of an 1894 Winchester when chambered for .357 Magnum or .45 Colt cartridges?
bdhold

Re: Pedersoli Baby Rolling Block Action Strength

Post by bdhold »

Pedersoli may call it a baby, but their .357 is based on the No. 1 military RB and weighs 8 lbs. Military carbine is a more accurate description.
The original was made for .50-70 govt, so this is overkill for .357., IMO. As strong as a '94? - and then some.
Pedersoli is also quite proud of these.

The Uberti is the No. 2 baby rolling block, based on the civilian sporting arm, and weighs under 5 lbs (a bit over with the scope)
The largest caliber for the original No. 2 was .38-40, which is essentially a .357.
I can shoot hot loads, though my best accuracy with a 180-gr is around 1300 fps

Looks like Uberti is also making the No. 2 (at the same weight) in .38-55, .30-30 and .45-70.
Last edited by bdhold on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

Ok. I want one of those too.

Owen
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Modern steel in a strong design. Shouldn't be a problem at all. Cool gun! 8)
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

hightime wrote:Ok. I want one of those too.

Owen
yep +1 been trying to scoop one up at auctions for years.
cable
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I stopped by a local friendly funshop, on my way home from the Massachussetts Shriner's Funshow today - and spotted this odd-looking Roller.

Image Image

I asked: WHAT the heck is THAT ? ?

The reply: A customized rolling block, rebarreled to .22 Short - no markings, numbers - NOTHING.

Image Image

The metal all has a fresh blue job, and the wood stock's been coated inside/out (dipped ?) with a flat gray "paint" (?).

My first thought was that I have BRICKS of .22 Short stashed away - and only a .22 Short NAA Mini left to use them in........ :rolleyes:

My second thought was that I could always strip, stain, & oil the stock(s) - but it's kinda growing on me as a knock-around plinker the was it is.

Image Image

I dismounted the forestock, and lo - it's been rebarreled with a 22" long Savage 982DL barrel, as stamped.
Whoever mounted the barrel indexed it so that the Savage logo fell out of sight, shortened the breech end, & rechambered to Short (no, a long or LR won't chamber - I tried).

I'm thinkin'............. for the small amount of $$$ I have in it, I just might leave it be - it is what it is. 8)

What I REALLY wished, was that it was a petite solid-frame #4 Roller - but (alas) it's not.

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'm thinking you struck gold. That little gem just sings to me, gray painted stock and all. 8)
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I'm thinking you struck gold. That little gem just sings to me, gray painted stock and all. 8)

me too! tacticool rolling block .....cant beat it.
cable