.35 Rem. Dies and Components Hard To Find?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scoutmaster
Levergunner

.35 Rem. Dies and Components Hard To Find?

Post by Scoutmaster »

I recently bought and refinished a "57 Marlin 336RC in .35 Rem. I started looking at the different mail order companies and found the dies and cases are hard to find. It sure seems like there are a lot of .35 Rem. rifles out there so I'm left wondering why the dies and cases are so difficult to find. I finally back ordered the dies and found the cases available from only one company and bought those.
Don
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

I seem to see the dies quite frequently. I see them used on the bargain tables. If you would like I will keep a look out. Just let me know. 1886.
Paul105
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul105 »

Cabellas has dies and brass -- shell holder is on backorder.

Paul
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I got all my stuff from Midway, a Lee 3 die set plus I just got a Lyman M die. All in stock.

If it was really rare, Lee would only offer a 2 die set.

My reloading store is well stocked with Winchester brass.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Scoutmaster
Levergunner

Post by Scoutmaster »

I want to get the Lee Pacesetter set for the FCD. Midway has them listed as backordered, Midsouth doesn't list the Pacesetter dies, but does sell the dies and FCD separately but at a higher cost. Grafs showed them as available, until I placed the order and then received a call saying they were all out and it was back ordered. I did receive the cases from Grafs yesterday, but they're not much good without the dies. Midway doesn't even list .35 Rem. cases online. I did place a request with them to carry them online. I guess I'll just bide my time and wait for the back ordered dies to come in from Grafs. I just don't ever remember having these difficulties with any other cartridge. It is worth waiting for.
Don
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

CH die company has those dies also. They have just about all the calibers ever made too. But they don't give 'em away. I bought a set of 38/72 W.C.F. and 35 W.C.F. from them last year.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I order dies and molds direct from RCBS and Lee. Last week I got a mold .32cal 170gr. from RCBS in 3 days. A lee FCD took 7-8 days.
If Midway shows them as back order I just go on line and order direct. :wink: