Tinnitus and Veterans

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Tinnitus and Veterans

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I just love it when I hear people tell us how us VETS are looking for hand outs. I spent just shy to 21 yrs in the service. I did manage to get 30% disability, however, I assure you I have more issues that they didnt cover. My father was also a vet of the Korean War and never received a dime for medical issues that he had that were directly duty related. Back in those days, no one seemed to share the info and they didnt have the internet to help assist them. I only wish that someone had told him about how to claim his disabilities earlier in his life, had they of done so, I expect that he would still be here with our family today.

For the vets that have not looked into making a claim, just follow the link below.
http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/apply/

For those that feel us VETS are fleecing the govt. Here is a link that you can go to so that you can at least make an informed decision.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." Ronald Reagan
http://www.goarmy.com/learn.html

After you have severed over 20 yrs and have been deployed to a theater of war a couple of times, I will be glad to listen to your opinion!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

IMO, that's a lot of self-aggrandizing pap.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

FWiedner wrote:IMO, that's a lot of self-aggrandizing pap.

FWiedner, you`ve made it plain that you don`t think vets are entitled to any compensation for injuries that happened while they served this country.
I`ve tried to keep this thread civil and even thanked you for your service which you couldn`t even acknowledge.
I`ve said and said this isn`t a thread to argue the issue that i was pointing out a benifit that is available to vets that qualify for it.
Sir i have enjoyed your posts in the past and have made every attempt to remain friends but insults and lack of any effort on your part to be civil is hard to take.
Hobbie maybe you should move this to the politics forum so those that are so against this can argue about it in a place where most of the members won`t see it or just remove it all together so some are happy that needing vets don`t see it . :(
Dang it anyway.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Pitchy that is what FWiedner wants, to control the topic, make himself some how complete. This topic should have a place to be made a sticky and locked. And thank you for your service.
Harry
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I didn't say a word about vets injured in the line of duty. IMO, and for the record, those are the ONLY veterans that should receive any benefits at all. I include in that group only the most greivously injured who cannot be rehabilitated to resume an otherwise normal life.

My comments are directed toward any otherwide healthy man looking for a hand-out like a common bum, and calling it a 'benefit.'

I appreciate your acknowlegement of my service Pitchy and no slight was intended in my neglect to respond to you, but unlike many, I don't need the world to keep slapping me on the back because I did a job that men do and was glad to do it.

I wasn't trying introduce politics into the issue, just expressing an opinion that it's immoral for a healthy man to look for hand-outs from the public.

Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

FWiedner wrote: I don't need the world to keep slapping me on the back because I did a job that men do and was glad to do it.

I wasn't trying introduce politics into the issue, just expressing an opinion that it's immoral for a healthy man to look for hand-outs from the public.

Frank, i would guess that occasionally its your online "bedside manner" that gets others cranked up :lol: You seem like a non nonsense guy and its hard to convey true tone and intent of a phrase on the internet

i agree with both your points here. I dont need any acknowledgement from the general public , (swapping stories with others with similar experiences and catching up with old Army buddies being the exception)

As well, the number of guys getting PTSD claims who don't need them sickens me too --- its hard to prove, and my prayers go out to those who actually have PTSD problems , but the guys who try to blame alcoholism, failed marriages, poor financial control and other discipline problems strictly on PTSD amaze me
----- Doug
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Pitchy wrote:Be nice guys, everyone has a right to their opinons, lets keep this a good thing.
Thanks for the kind words and i hope someone benifits from the thread. :)

You're right.

Mea culpa
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

FWiedner wrote:IMO, that's a lot of self-aggrandizing pap.

If you don't LIKE a LAW that was approved by your elected officials before the VA could dispense one dime for a benefit to those who suffered a loss based on their service, write your congressman. Don't tell me about it. My ears are ringing so I might get the wrong message (or if ya speak softly, not hear ya at all).
Certified gun nut