Levergunners are a great bunch

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Levergunners are a great bunch

Post by Mike D. »

I have had some top notch experiences with a few of the levergunners in this bunch and all have been excellent. I have learned PLENTY since joining this fine group, too.
Shasta is one of the best and took it upon himself to send me a nice early 1950s RCBS .40-82 case forming and trim die for absolutely nothing. Zero, zip, nada. It appears to have never been used. I already tried it out and it works great, making a 40-82 case from a Starline 45-90. It's close, but will require finishing in the sizing die. Big cudos to Shasta! :D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Levergunners are a great bunch

Post by Pitchy »

Most excellant, good on you Shasta 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Wow, how old is that thing ? Check out the address ( Bird St.) They haven't been there in years. I think that is where They say the Old Man started out in His Garage.
Good on Ya Shasta ( I will reserve further comment, :lol: )
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I, too, have been the recipient of the generosity of several forum members.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Yep, this is the place. :)
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

KirkD wrote:I, too, have been the recipient of the generosity of several forum members.
+ 1... :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

+2 :mrgreen:
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

+Several :D The classified area is WAY more honest than the average gun shop :!:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Levergunners have been very, very good to me...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Kudos for Shasta! :D One time I googled "Leverguns.com" and in addition to the link to this site, there was another link with a description of the individuals who make up this forum. It said, "mostly middled aged white males with comfortable incomes".

I said "comfortable", not rich :D I give away stuff today that I would kill to have 30 years ago.

I think the "comfortable & middle aged" part has a lot to do with us Levergunners being nice because if you think I'm nasty now, you should have seen me when I was 25, trying to keep food on the table, working overtime, working on my truck on weekends so I could drive it through the next week, and generally being half drunk most of the time. :D I count my blessings everyday and would not want to go back for nothin'.

Mike,
When reforming the Starline 45-90 brass to 40-82, just do one and see if it chambers with the proper sized bullet before doing a whole batch. I found the Starline to be thick and had to inside neck ream so it would chamber a .408 bullet. Forster made me one up for like $40.------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Best place going. Good on ya, Shasta.
Old Law Dawg
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Well done to Shasta Yep great place here. Very blessed to be allowed to hang out with such quality folk
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
1894c

Post by 1894c »

kimwcook wrote:Best place going. Good on ya, Shasta.
+1...no place better... :)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sixgun wrote:Kudos for Shasta! :D One time I googled "Leverguns.com" and in addition to the link to this site, there was another link with a description of the individuals who make up this forum. It said, "mostly middled aged white males with comfortable incomes".

I said "comfortable", not rich :D I give away stuff today that I would kill to have 30 years ago.

I think the "comfortable & middle aged" part has a lot to do with us Levergunners being nice because if you think I'm nasty now, you should have seen me when I was 25, trying to keep food on the table, working overtime, working on my truck on weekends so I could drive it through the next week, and generally being half drunk most of the time. :D I count my blessings everyday and would not want to go back for nothin'.

Mike,
When reforming the Starline 45-90 brass to 40-82, just do one and see if it chambers with the proper sized bullet before doing a whole batch. I found the Starline to be thick and had to inside neck ream so it would chamber a .408 bullet. Forster made me one up for like $40.------------Sixgun
Really? You changed? :lol: JK...you might have noticed most of us prefer plain talk :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

As Sixgun pointed out, the neck wall thickness may need a little reduction. I formed a bunch of 40-82 cases from 45-90 brass and had to reduce the neck wall thickness. Rather than inside reaming, I put the case in a check and sanded down the outside of the neck while the cartridge slowly turned, and then finished by polishing with 400 grit sandpaper. As I recall, I may have had to trim the necks down a bit as well.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have quit counting all the good reasons for being here. Too many to keep track of without writing it down in a book. Hope that .40-82 shoots as accurate as you could wish for.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

piller wrote:I have quit counting all the good reasons for being here. Too many to keep track of without writing it down in a book. Hope that .40-82 shoots as accurate as you could wish for.
+1
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!