Uberti Cattleman front sight off

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Uberti Cattleman front sight off

Post by FatJackDurham »

Uberti Cattleman Front Sight off
I have seen a few posts about the front sight of Uberti revolvers being off to one side or the other. In fact, in "Guns of the New West" the Cimerron Bisley being reviewed has the same issue.

1) Is this common?

2) How can I get it fixed?

Its funny, but I have a Savage model 101 .22 pistol with the same problem.

Anyway, it seems a common defect with the Uberti's, but I don't see any posts on how to get it fixed. Do I have to get the sight cut off and welded or soldered back on?

What kind of gunsmith do I seek out for this kind of work?
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Uberti Cattleman front sight off

Post by Mescalero »

The proper way to deal with this is to turn the barrel in the frame, this one I would leave to a single action pistolsmith.
Inquire of Nate Kiowa Jones, who is a menber of the forum.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

The reason some sights on single actions are tilted is because the barrel was turned as to put the shots POI with the sights POA. Now if the sights are straight up, but off to the side that's a different matter. The Cimarron SA I had was more accurate than my Colt SAA's, but the barrel came loose and I sold it. The front sight was straight up and down though. How's it shoot? And where's the POA compared to the POI?
Old Law Dawg
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Post by FatJackDurham »

kimwcook wrote:The reason some sights on single actions are tilted is because the barrel was turned as to put the shots POI with the sights POA. Now if the sights are straight up, but off to the side that's a different matter. The Cimarron SA I had was more accurate than my Colt SAA's, but the barrel came loose and I sold it. The front sight was straight up and down though. How's it shoot? And where's the POA compared to the POI?
The sight tilts left and the gun shoots right. I don't think it's because they were adjusting POI and POA. Can't be sure.

I am absolutely sure its not my trigger pull, though.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Mescalero wrote:The proper way to deal with this is to turn the barrel in the frame, this one I would leave to a single action pistolsmith.
Inquire of Nate Kiowa Jones, who is a menber of the forum.
+1
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!