Mike D,Shasta, Stew 71

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Mike D,Shasta, Stew 71

Post by pwl44m »

Gun Show in Yuba City this weekend. Kinda far for Shasta but just a hop ,skip, and a jump fo Mike & Stew.
Took My stuff over this evening then took the Wife to dinner. I will finish setting up in the Morning. Built a new Gun Rack to try and save a little space on the table. Hope it works out as planned.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Re: Mike D,Shasta, Stew 71

Post by Shasta »

We did the Yuba City show year before last with a huge amount of reloading stuff from the estate of a local gunsmith. I hauled down a pickup loaded full, and another fellow brought the guns. We did extremely well, selling off almost all the reloading stuff, plus a few guns. That's the only time I've been there, but it was a good show.

Perry, if you get a chance, could you look around for an extractor for my Winchester '73 in 44-40? Should run $15-$25 or thereabouts.

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Shasta , I asked a couple guys today with no luck. I didn't get a chance to shop around much, maybe I can do a little scouting tomorrow.
Today wasn't a fantastic day but wasn't a total failure. Maybe tomorrow will be the day. Transfer dealer said He was busy. There was a lot of People but I guess I had the wrong stuff.
We will give it another whirl tomorrow. Do You know when the Anderson Show is. Some say that Betty will be there. I want to spend some more time in Her parts bins.
Perry
Shasta
Senior Levergunner

Post by Shasta »

Perry,

I'm not sure when the next show is, but I will keep an ear out and let you know. She does not do a lot of shows.

SHASTA

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Shasta wrote:We did the Yuba City show year before last with a huge amount of reloading stuff from the estate of a local gunsmith. I hauled down a pickup loaded full, and another fellow brought the guns. We did extremely well, selling off almost all the reloading stuff, plus a few guns. That's the only time I've been there, but it was a good show.

Perry, if you get a chance, could you look around for an extractor for my Winchester '73 in 44-40? Should run $15-$25 or thereabouts.

SHASTA
Might contact Jim Grueter at:
P.O. Box 216 – 302 Lapwai Street Winchester, Idaho 83555 ph (208) 924-5037 email: jgrueter@q.com
or visit our website at www.TapaderasWinchesters.

He's got a fair amount of repro or used Win. parts.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Shasta
Senior Levergunner

Post by Shasta »

Hey Perry,

You never said how day 2 went at Yuba City. As for me, I found my needed 1873 extractor on ebay. :D

SHASTA

stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Hey guys...we missed the YC show as we were up in Reno visiting family and introducing some new shooters to the sport of trap and skeet!!!

My buddies' wife, who, at one time, was scared of guns, now wants her own 20ga O/U to do some clay busting!!

Mrs Stew has now learned how to pick up doubles rather frequently. She's hooked for life I think. The trip home involved putting a serious dent in the wallet with a stop at Cabela's for several cases of shells and some new turkey calls.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Boy I need to keep an eye on my threads.
@ Shasta, day 2 went very well. Sold 2 Pistols that I had no need of- Glock 45 acp and a Rock Island Armory 45 acp, not to fear- I still have 45s. Also if I had payed attention I would not have called You yesterday to tell You that I found a 73 extractor when You had already found one. Do let Me know if the one You get doesn't work out.
@ Stew 71, Good to hear that You got some shooting time in. Introducing New shooters is the name of the game.
You really did know that You caint drive by Cabelas and not Stop did You not ?
When the Wife and I get a weekend retreat Boomtown is Our choice for 2 very good reasons - Food and Cabelas. I am not a gambler (especially after getting an article 15 at Ft Lewis for gambling in the Barracks on Sunday afternoon) but the food is excellent.
maybe next time, next one is Chico in August.
@ Shasta again, Anderson is April 28-29. Hope to see You there, I will only be a spectator.
Perry
P.S. missed You Mike
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I was up in Chico Friday and Saturday doing the bottle show. Got a line out for a couple of 1886s from folks at that venue. :)

Sunday I went digging for bottles. Did very nicely. :D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Mike, every time I take My Son in law up to My property to work I keep losing Him. I turn around and He is gone, where ? digging in the old Dump which dates back to early 1900s. I wouldn't know a good find iffen I found One.
Perry
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Early 1900s is OK, but 1870s is best. This pit has early flasks laying chuck-a-bluck. Saloon outhouse in a small Yuba County foothill town.) Image
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln