where's Terry Murbach??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: where's Terry Murbach??

Post by vancelw »

soon 2 retire wrote:Vancelw,

I respect both you and your opinion as I do for everyone here; but I just don't agree. The net belongs to everyone now and in our little corner the owner and moderators have defined the brand of etiquette to be followed here. As I originally pointed out that the owner of this site is comfortable with all caps so I'm cool with it. I've got nothing against geeks either; in a galaxy long long ago and far far away, I was a math and computer science major.

Bob in Friday Harbor
You have every right to disagree with me and I appreciate you being civil about it :D I wasn't really expressing my opinion. You just asked if there was a computer users law against it I explained. Tone and inflection cannot be conveyed in plain text very well, so various methods to do so became convention. I bet the people who started most of those early conventions are in their 70s and 80s now.

I don't care if you type in ALL CAPS or not. Just be civil no matter what you do. I try to talk to people on the internet like I would if I was sitting across the coffee table from them. Depending on the circumstances, I might call "BS", but I'm going to be prepared for the consequences when I do. This is a public forum and anything posted here stays here-FOREVER. Even if you delete it later, it's already archived by a bot. ALL CAPS is hard for me to read. If you type in ALL CAPS for more than a sentence or two, I'll probably bleep right past it. Doesn't tick me off, I'm not gonna berate you about it, I just simply won't go to the effort to read it.

All this aside, I was under the impression Terry used an app that typed for him, thus the ALL CAPS. I'm sure that's not exactly correct. I've gotten along with curmudgeons my whole life and and doing my best to become one (wife says I'm there already.) But, I understand that some people are put off by gruff attitudes and I respect their opinions.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

[quote="vancelw" I was under the impression Terry used an app that typed for him, thus the ALL CAPS. I'm sure that's not exactly correct [/quote]

I would guess that's not exactly correct either, as I doubt Terry has an ape who types for him. Although wouldn't that be a sight to behold. Terry probably types for himself and just pushes down the caps lock key. That's what I would do. :wink:
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

BY GOLLY JOE, I BELIEVE YOU'VE HIT ON A CONCEPT HERE! MAYBE THOSE OF US WHO APPRECIATE TERRY OUGHT TO START USING ALL CAPS TO SHOW OUR SUPPORT FOR MR MURBACH! IT SEEMS TO ME THAT ONE MUST HAVE SERIOUSLY THIN SKIN TO GET BENT OUT OF SHAPE OVER SOMETHING AS TRIVIAL AS THAT. CONTENT IS WHATS IMPORTANT. I WAS RAISED TO RESPECT MY ELDERS. WITH AGE COMES KNOWLEDGE. ALL CAPS IS AN EXTREMELY REASONABLE PRICE TO PAY FOR HIM SHARING THAT.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

slimster wrote:BY GOLLY JOE, I BELIEVE YOU'VE HIT ON A CONCEPT HERE! MAYBE THOSE OF US WHO APPRECIATE TERRY OUGHT TO START USING ALL CAPS TO SHOW OUR SUPPORT FOR MR MURBACH! IT SEEMS TO ME THAT ONE MUST HAVE SERIOUSLY THIN SKIN TO GET BENT OUT OF SHAPE OVER SOMETHING AS TRIVIAL AS THAT. CONTENT IS WHATS IMPORTANT. I WAS RAISED TO RESPECT MY ELDERS. WITH AGE COMES KNOWLEDGE. ALL CAPS IS AN EXTREMELY REASONABLE PRICE TO PAY FOR HIM SHARING THAT.
Hey now, that`s a lot easier to read for this old fanny burp. 8) might be onto somethin bro.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

BlaineG wrote:
J Miller wrote:PITCHY,
DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOUR TOPICS, I LOVE 'EM. THEY SHOW JUST WHAT A PERSON CAN DO ONCE HE SETS HIS MIND TO IT.

MYSELF? WELL, CONSIDERING HOW LITTLE SHOOTING I'VE DONE IN THE LAST TWO OR THREE YEARS I'M LIABLE TO START POSTING STORIES ABOUT SEWING MACHINES.

MY WIFE AND I JUST PICKED UP THREE OF THEM. ONE IS OVER OR NEAR A 100 YEARS OLD AND USES NEEDLES LONG ENOUGH TO BE ARROWS.
TWO OTHERS ARE IN WOODEN CABINETS AND ONE OF THESE IS A REAL NICE PASTEL TURQUOISE GREEN.

HMMM, I WONDER WHAT THEY'D SAY OVER ON THE QUILTING FORUM IF I POSTED A THREAD ON HOW TO CLEAN A WINCHESTER 94?

JOE
Any story will do....I'm sure your new passion will keep us in stitches. We might needle you a bit, but keep the threads coming. :P
Darn it Blaine, treadle softly there you old sew and sew. Seams as if now you might have to patch things up with Joe! :lol:
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Charles wrote:Terry is a great guy any way you want to measure that. He is somewhat cranky at times and does not suffer fools lightly, but I dont view that as a flaw. These gun boards have lost many truly knowledable people over the years, because they got tired of having folks who don't know squat, telling them they were wrong about this or that.

These boards are festooned with armchair experts and keyboard distinguised marksmen. These "posers" can really get under a fellow's skin.
Charles, This exact statement you made above is the very reason why this Forum has trouble.(honest guy,not being a smart a##,but being truthful)

Let me say this----
When on a computer forum you only have the screen in front of you(no facial expression/no other way of judging than the words typed)
Many of the new guys(just being a new guy "on here" does not equate to what one knows about guns???(what I mean is we could have the World Champion on here and he is a new guy but might not say??

Its all about (how you talk to people) I have to admit (my problem can be "how I take something?? I am working on that as we speak!

But friend-------when someone has a question(young guy/old guy/new guy/old time guy)groups that form "clicks" tend to only see what the "click" group wants seen.

You have a young lad ask a question (lets say, my magazine falls out when I go to fire my gun)??? a real question from some new shooter???
Now, you get a guy----that instead of saying " might help you to verify the magazine is "fully" inserted into the mag well, also verify that you while attempting to disengage the safety(if safety equipped) you are not pressing the mag release instead of safety?? but good luck.
But what if the response was-----These stupid questions people have :lol: (only an idiot doesn't know how to use their gun) :roll:
What purpose other than trying to build your own self up by tearing some other person down would that have??(if it annoys you/don't reply)
This is the problem(absolutely no respect for these newer guys trying to learn)
If a post is getting to someone because someone has asked a "certain person" repeatedly the same question over and over again "might be the decent thing to say"(sorry guy I gave you my advice,sorry it didn't help,please try someone else's ideas??) Not (that's stupid/your an idiot/you don't know squat?????/

Ya know, At our gun club,we have a lot of older gents that many now don't compete but sat behind the sidelines.
Most of the time I enjoyed them/was buddies with them---------But---------------------
When each of them buy them self usually ok,gather em up and "wow" you should hear how fast they can ruin a new shooter trying to learn.(so bad,I told em all to go the HE## for 3 years)let em find someone else that did all the setup/teardown/installing night lights/installing the benches on and on.(myself,brother,and buddy)did 90% of actual work! You know what ended up(they shut down the M1 shoots for 2 years) :roll: Guess the click wouldn't clak when work needed to be done??????
They would just sit there behind the firing line and bit##.
They hated the young shooters/said they stole stuff(they didn't)said they were dangerous with guns(they were until being taught because some never handled a gun and instead of helping them they sat on their butts and said :how can this young generation be so stupid"
Sickening.
I say-----Let the big guns of this forum decide how they want their forum???
They just decide??? Let all the members vote to decide ??? Make it just an expert only forum??? or Only guns forum????

But,when people get tired of younger/inexperienced members asking questions(and they have only one thing in mind)make em feel low/bad/stupid about themselves----maybe it is time they get out!

I do want to clear the air on one thing on here, that still sticks in my craw about an episode I had back that someone probably either left(if so wish they hadn't)or foe'd me(that is cool if that that's what they want)and can't change too ??
The issue I had with Buck!
It got heated I know(both ways things went bad)I know---Too bad for it going that way.(I should have just let it go.
He was an old time gun knowledge man too.However there are things I know maybe he doesn't. Anyhow---------
But,when someone puts a (new topic)on this forum only with the intent of "in their mind" helping someone and a response is(it's stupid/only someone that is a Saturday nut job would post that and its garbage,don't waste your time viewing it, etc. ----Yep----should have turned the cheek/but on that level---couldn't
I called em out on it as being rude/then it started from there?? If it was to be done all over again------might just say (dude,only your opinion,that is being disrespectful and please do not comment anymore on this paticular post of mine)

But there is a difference in giving some back in defense(not saying that is right either / and I am viewing things differently now)
and having someone being made to feel like an as they would say an idiot for asking a simple question hoping someone would help.
When it comes to that(the old timer boy click only,otherwise stupid deal) ---I will gladly leave cause that aint where I want to be!
God bless!
No one knows everything! :wink:
Where I worked-----People like that(usually got fired)Just speaking the simple truth as my simple brain sees it guys.

Oh, and whoever can rip this to shreds----I won't even get mad---------------promise! :wink:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Bestlever used to say that it's hard to look up to someone when they are talking down to you. This also goes for the perpetually offended that are still fighting the Civil War (just wait.... :lol: )
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

madman4570 wrote:What I mean is we could have the World Champion on here and he is a new guy but might not say??
Shhh.... I didn't want anyone to know... :?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

BlaineG wrote:Bestlever used to say that it's hard to look up to someone when they are talking down to you. This also goes for the perpetually offended that are still fighting the Civil War (just wait.... :lol: )
I remember offending a really nice guy called "Tubby the Tuba" by calling the Civil War the War of Northern Aggression, why he even suggested I'd been drinking Cool Aid.. :lol: :lol: :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well opinions are like arseholes and I'm gonna say mine now although it's in the minority !

I can't say i disliked the guy but I can't say I cared for him either . Kinda came across at times like a Primadona I thought .
And there were quite a few things he siad I didn't agree with or really give a rats butt about . So it's on him , if he decideds to leave so be it .

His capitol leter thing I think was an on purpose thing just to stir people up and personally I thought that was kinda stupid .

But as I said at the beginning thats my opinion :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

madman4570 wrote:But friend-------when someone has a question(young guy/old guy/new guy/old time guy)groups that form "clicks" tend to only see what the "click" group wants seen.

When each of them buy them self usually ok,gather em up and "wow" you should hear how fast they can ruin a new shooter trying to learn
As to the "clicks" aspect of forum behavior . I think in my entire blogging life I have defended maybe 4 people and have never asked or expected anything from ANYONE in my defense or for help .

If I criticize , admonish or tell someone they're a flower (blooming idiot) I expect to get a reply in the good the bad or the ugly . And if it does happen you can bet ur backside I already have a reply formulated in my head .

As to the old geezers at the local gunclub . Back when I was what I call a hotshot up and becoming skeet/trap shooter I was shooting practice one wednesday night at the Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club in Charlottesville Virginia of whcih at the time I happened to be a memeber . Anyway I shot my first round with the 410 and put 25 inkballs in the sky . Walked off to get more shells and two of the old b..tards were sitting there . And one says nice round what gauge was that , and I say 410 . So he says well you better shoot a different gauge now . And I reply no I think I'll shoot another of 410 . Went back out 25 more inkballs . Walk off for more shells and he says well you're done with the 410 now and I say nope still have two more boxes . Go back out and shoot the third round and again 25 inkballs . This time before I can get over there he and his buddy get up and walk away . So I get my fourth box of 410's and drop a high 2 single to end with a 99 . Wish the old f..kers had stayed there as I am SURE I woulda got the 100th bird just to pee them off :lol:
Last edited by 6pt-sika on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

game keeper wrote:
BlaineG wrote:Bestlever used to say that it's hard to look up to someone when they are talking down to you. This also goes for the perpetually offended that are still fighting the Civil War (just wait.... :lol: )
I remember offending a really nice guy called "Tubby the Tuba" by calling the Civil War the War of Northern Aggression, why he even suggested I'd been drinking Cool Aid.. :lol: :lol: :D
By Golly, shoot that scoundral!! :twisted: But, Geez, I did forgive you Blokes for burning the White House :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

6pt-sika wrote:
madman4570 wrote:But friend-------when someone has a question(young guy/old guy/new guy/old time guy)groups that form "clicks" tend to only see what the "click" group wants seen.

When each of them buy them self usually ok,gather em up and "wow" you should hear how fast they can ruin a new shooter trying to learn
As to the "clicks" aspect of forum behavior . I think in my entire blogging life I have defended maybe 4 people and have never asked or expected anything from ANYONE in my defense or for help .

If I criticize , admonish or tell someone they're a flower (blooming idiot) I expect to get a reply in the good the bad or the ugly . And if it does happen you can bet ur backside I already have a reply formulated in my head .

As to the old geezers at the local gunclub . Back when I was what I call a hotshot up and becoming skeet/trap shooter I was shooting practice one wednesday night at the Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club in Charlottesville Virginia of whcih at the time I happened to be a memeber . Anyway I shot my first round with the 410 and put 25 inkballs in the sky . Walked off to get more shells and two of the old b..tards were sitting there . And one says nice round what gauge was that , and I say 410 . So he says well you better shoot a different gauge now . And I reply no I think I'll shoot another of 410 . Went back out 25 more inkballs . Walk off for more shells and he says well you're done with the 410 now and I say nope still have two more boxes . Go back out and shoot the third round and again 25 inkballs . This time before I can get over there he and his buddy get up and walk away . So I get my fourth box of 410's and drop a high 2 single to end with a 99 . Wish the old f..kers had stayed there as I am SURE I woulda got the 100th bird just to pee them off :lol:

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

That be some good shooting!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

madman4570 wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

That be some good shooting!
Thanks !

But the shooting wasn't the best part to me !

The best part was the old "experts" getting up and leaving after I shut them up 8)
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

If I decided to post in all caps it wouldn't be as a tribute to Terry or anybody else. It would be because I actually write in block text. My capital letters are just bigger than the lower case letters.

IT WOULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS LINE OF TEXT.
MY CURSIVE WRITING IS BORDERLINE TERRIBLE. BEEN THAT WAY ALL MY LIFE. I'VE TRIED AND TRIED AND TRIED TO TRAIN MY HANDS TO ACTUALLY WRITE, BUT ALL I CAN DO IS PRINT.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

J Miller wrote:If I decided to post in all caps it wouldn't be as a tribute to Terry or anybody else. It would be because I actually write in block text. My capital letters are just bigger than the lower case letters.

IT WOULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS LINE OF TEXT.
MY CURSIVE WRITING IS BORDERLINE TERRIBLE. BEEN THAT WAY ALL MY LIFE. I'VE TRIED AND TRIED AND TRIED TO TRAIN MY HANDS TO ACTUALLY WRITE, BUT ALL I CAN DO IS PRINT.

Joe
Unless one is trying to make a point with emphasis , I still see all caps as stupid !
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

WELL THEN, I GUESS I KNOW HOW I STAND WITH YOU DON'T I?

WAY TOO darn MUCH IS MADE OF THE ALL CAPS THING. IF YOU CAN'T READ IT WITHOUT GETTING YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH, THEN DON'T READ IT!

Now, back to our scheduled semi annual venting thread. I'll bet Terry is watching this thread laughing his butt off. I would be.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

J Miller wrote: IT WOULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS LINE OF TEXT.

Joe
Same here. :?
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Joe,
Thought I was the only wierdo that did that.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

J Miller wrote:WELL THEN, I GUESS I KNOW HOW I STAND WITH YOU DON'T I?

I'll bet Terry is watching this thread laughing his butt off. I would be.

Joe

Was there ever any doubt of my opinion of you !

Let him laugh .

I could care less !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Mescalero wrote:Joe,
+ 1 I write in caps all the time too....
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Charles wrote:These boards are festooned with armchair experts and keyboard distinguised marksmen. These "posers" can really get under a fellow's skin.
Who? Do tell. The reason that I LIKE this board is because I don't see any of those kind of folks here!

Makes me feel like you're talking about some of US here when you say it like that.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Mescalero wrote:some people were pretty mean to him,
it was a shameful thing.
Either I missed it or it happened before I got here a couple years ago. I keep hearing about this horrible treatment but I've never witnessed it. What I HAVE seen is a couple guys older and with longer time on this board than me take folks to task for being rude. Which I think is classy and in keeping with the stated behavior goal of this forum.

It's this intolerance for rude and un-classy behavior that I very much like about this forum. Not because I'm a delicate type (I was a sergeant in the airborne infantry and out in the real world I keep getting in trouble a fair bit for my sharp tongue and impolite verbiage...to put it nicely), but because it's an Internet forum and in my experience they just SUCK if people don't play nice. An extra measure of effort to be polite simply MUST be part of the routine due to the shortcomings of the medium. Some folks don't want to make that effort and I've got no respect for that, and some folks want to give certain people a special pass and I've got no respect for that kind of cronyism either.

If the Moderator wants this to devolve into just another AOL chat room [BARF] then remove the "classy joint" comment and let anything go. I bet the place would have more members real quick - I just wouldn't be one of them and I bet most of you would follow me out the door.

Sorry, just figured since it's a rant thread I'd post mine.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

Johnny Wright
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

game keeper wrote:
+ 1 I write in caps all the time too....
I do that quite a bit too. My cursive is atrocious. :roll:

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

Johnny Wright
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

You aren't. I do it and so did my dad. Geniuses tend to "write" that way.... :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Hobie wrote: Geniuses tend to "write" that way.... :lol:

Let me know where you buy that stuff you're smoking .

I wouldn't mind getting some and sending it down the road for a slight profit :lol:
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Hobie wrote:
You aren't. I do it and so did my dad. Geniuses tend to "write" that way.... :lol:

Hobie,

Haven't tested your IQ to say if its at genius level, but you sure are one pretty sharp cookie.
When I get hot under the collar, I think of your message a while back.Not only on here but in life.

I do think you let us vent some(ok a lot) :lol: (while trying to steer us in the right direction)
You should be commended for being tolerant of us when we get a little steamed up.
I really would miss this forum as most guys on here are top notch and even those others we maybe have had some misunderstandings with if we met and actually got to know them(would like em)
So thank you for that and all you do!
For me my problem isn't small/large letters it's my spelling! :shock:
God Bless folks!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Hobie taught me how to say Go To He!! in a way that the person looked forward to the trip 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

BlaineG wrote:Hobie taught me how to say Go To He!! in a way that the person looked forward to the trip 8)
Please PM me with the details, I would really like to tell my Boss that in a way that he would appreciate.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

J Miller wrote:WELL THEN, I GUESS I KNOW HOW I STAND WITH YOU DON'T I?

WAY TOO darn MUCH IS MADE OF THE ALL CAPS THING. IF YOU CAN'T READ IT WITHOUT GETTING YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH, THEN DON'T READ IT!

Now, back to our scheduled semi annual venting thread. I'll bet Terry is watching this thread laughing his butt off. I would be.

Joe
Your wish is granted. You just joined the elite group in my "ignore" list.
Not because of the ALL CAPS though.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well Vance I guess you won't see this then:

See, I told you you wouldn't see it.

Joe
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

game keeper - But it really was The War of Northern Aggression ! :lol: - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

J Miller wrote:Well Vance I guess you won't see this then:

Even without Pictures, I still Love U Joe.
Perry

Joe
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

pwl44m wrote:
J Miller wrote:Well Vance I guess you won't see this then:

Even without Pictures, I still Love U Joe.
Perry

Now , How'd I do that ?
Perry

Joe
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Yeah,
How did you do it?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

DixieBoy wrote:game keeper - But it really was The War of Northern Aggression ! :lol: - DixieBoy
*sigh* :roll: Yes, Dear..... :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Something like that could not be done by a Technical Idiot, so it must have been an accident.
Perry
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

BlaineG wrote:
DixieBoy wrote:game keeper - But it really was The War of Northern Aggression ! :lol: - DixieBoy
You see, it's no good trying to tell that to a Yankee... :roll: now he'll be thinking we're both on the Cool Aid! :lol: :lol: :lol:
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

game keeper wrote:
BlaineG wrote:
You see, it's no good trying to tell that to a Yankee... :roll: now he'll be thinking we're both on the Cool Aid! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

I think I recall the thread that was Terry's last posting. If so, then maybe I get to take some credit for his leaving, because I responded a bit strongly in that thread. I felt that Terry was being rude in an uncalled for manner and said so.

I also didn't like the apparency of him getting away with behavior that someone without his status would get in trouble for, and said so. I understand a moderators reluctance to try to correct someone with high status, don't approve but I do understand. And maybe behind the scenes he did get in trouble, I don't know. He may have been asked not to return if he couldn't be a good boy, maybe not. No idea.

But I do know that being rude and name calling is not a good thing for any forum, especially one labeled as a "High class place". I'm pretty sure that the poor newbie he was bashing hasn't returned. And that's a pity. Sure he was new and was asking very basic and many times answered questions, so? We were all new to guns at one point. Sitting under someone's thumb, even the exhauted Terry's is no place to try to learn.

Has Terry contributed to our shooters world? Dang right he has and far more than I have. I don't think that makes him better than me though or anybody else on this board. We are all flawed.

Being respectful and sucking up are two different things. Playing well with others is much more important than it seems.

Bash away, but I agree with Oly: a rude forum is an ugly place. Matters not who's being rude they need to be fixed or they need to be gone. I say this from experience as it can be very difficult for me to stay on the right side of the line. I've crossed it several times in the past and went back and apologised in the thread. Never been banned, at least not yet. But the day's not over, either. :)

Cat
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I think I remember it also, and it was not you catshooter; a great many people were becoming overheated.
I remember it more as an accumulation of things.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well, according to the forum records Terry's last post was Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:17 pm. In this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38422&p=472734#p472734
However he last visited: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:53 am.

That was yesterday. I'll bet he's still in stitches from laughing at this thread.

Terry if this 5 page thread isn't a reflection of your popularity, I don't know what would be. Take care and be well.

Joe
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Hardly what I would call inflamatory.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

The War of Northern Aggression... yes

The War for Southern Independence... yes

The Civil War... nope, not according to my dictionary.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

This is what we get guys when someone made the decision that nothing is “off limits”. The heck it is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It now seems 90% is mostly off-limits and I for one am darned sick and tired of it!!!!!!!!!!!! Do we want one of the premier gun sites on the net trashed by simpleazzed questions from equally silly people???
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

J Miller wrote:Well, according to the forum records Terry's last post was Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:17 pm. In this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38422&p=472734#p472734
However he last visited: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:53 am.

That was yesterday. I'll bet he's still in stitches from laughing at this thread....
Joe
HI, TERRY!

WE LOVE YA, MAN - AND WE DON'T WANT YOUR BEER (JUST YOUR INPUT)!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Ben_Rumson wrote:This is what we get guys when someone made the decision that nothing is “off limits”. The heck it is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It now seems 90% is mostly off-limits and I for one am darned sick and tired of it!!!!!!!!!!!! Do we want one of the premier gun sites on the net trashed by simpleazzed questions from equally silly people???
I`m sick of this whole squable, if some can`t handle topics in the same place as levergun topics or stupid people posting or asking questions my suggestion is Hobie should create a general discussion forum and a leverguns only forum.

This is all making me sick worrying about this poor board becoming corrupted by idiots like me.
I`ll quit posting my ot threads. :x
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Pitchy wrote: This is all making me sick worrying about this poor board becoming corrupted by idiots like me.
Pitchy, don't stop posting your cool stuff! :shock: You've only been on here about a year. Stick around and you'll see that this same conversation takes place about once a year or so, then it fades away and everything's fine! :D
Have you hugged your rifle today?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I reckon this is one of the funniest threads we've had on here for a long time... :lol:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Pitchy wrote:
Ben_Rumson wrote:This is what we get guys when someone made the decision that nothing is “off limits”. The heck it is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It now seems 90% is mostly off-limits and I for one am darned sick and tired of it!!!!!!!!!!!! Do we want one of the premier gun sites on the net trashed by simpleazzed questions from equally silly people???
I`m sick of this whole squable, if some can`t handle topics in the same place as levergun topics or stupid people posting or asking questions my suggestion is Hobie should create a general discussion forum and a leverguns only forum.

This is all making me sick worrying about this poor board becoming corrupted by idiots like me.
:roll: Thick skin required here..... :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV