The Revenant

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
aussie
Levergunner 2.0

The Revenant

Post by aussie »

I am currently reading "The Revenant". The story of Hugh Glass. An amazing book about survival and pure guts. Anybody read it? Can't recommend it highly enough.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Revenant

Post by rjohns94 »

Author?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
RJS
Levergunner 1.0

Post by RJS »

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Didn't Richard Harris make a movie recounting a similar story during his "Man Called Horse" period called "Man in the Wilderness?"
:?:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Cast Bullet Hunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cast Bullet Hunter »

If you want a book about Hugh Glass which is biographical rather than being a novel then look at this one: http://www.amazon.com/The-Saga-Hugh-Gla ... 0803258348

"Man in the Wilderness" was the Richard Harris movie. Poorly told, overly dramatized to the point of being silly. Kind of combiner High Glass and Lewis and Clark.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Years ago I read the book "Lord Grizzly" about Hugh Glass. That must have been a real man to cut off an indian's leg and take it for meat. It is a great book and I reckon I see if it is at the library in town, time for a reread.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
aussie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by aussie »

rjs wrote:http://www.amazon.com/The-Revenant-A-No ... 0786711892
I think this would be it.
Ron
Yep, this is the one. Good read.