Colt Diamondback..........

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Colt Diamondback..........

Post by hightime »

I bought one in a 22 the year my son was born , 1976. It's still like new and I have the box and papers with the receit for $175. That was a lot od bucks for a pistol then. My High Standard Sport King was $107. Five years earlier the High Standard was $60.

I hear tell the Colt is worth over a grand now.
Anyone else have one?

Owen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Re: Colt Diamondback..........

Post by getitdone1 »

I had one and yes even 12-1400 is possible. New in box maybe 2000 and same for nickle.

I'm sure what so many like about it is it's great finish and smooth action. I had a Phthon and the action has a 'Python feel."

Can't think of a better 22 revolver. Sold mine to my uncle for 200--long ago. My aunt still has it and I told her it's worth on today's market.

Chambered for 38 Spec. too.

Don
Baja_Traveler
Levergunner

Post by Baja_Traveler »

Two of my biggest regrets - One: Never having bought a .22 diamondback when I had the chance, and Two: selling my Python in the late 80's.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

wow that's a really bad poorly made handgun...that's why they stopped making them...they were horrible - terrible - almost pot-metal...so if that old shooting iron called the diamonback doesn't meet to your standards or quality you can send it my way and i'll just have to suffer shooting it...only kidding... :)

That is really a nice revolver, almost bought one back in the 80's for $300.00 (used), but didn't...have always regretted that move...thank you for posting what i would consider to be the best .22cal revolver ever built... :)
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I've always wanted one. I remember when they were going for $400 and thinking that was too much. Bought an S&W K 17 for half of that. Even though my Smith is a tack driver I really wish I'd bought them both!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

I'd kind of like a 38 to match it. I love thr Python , those are real nice.

Owen
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

My aunt gave me her Diamondback .38 just before she made the journey.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

I don't know much about pistols but those Diamondbacks are really something.

Nice revolver, a perfect first gun for your lad.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Between my Son and I we own about five or six Diamondbacks. Two in .38 and three or four in .22LR. Pretty neat little pistols.

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Dont have one....
wish I did...
shot a couple and they are very fine guns
and you are right....they are getting that kind of cash...
Hang onto to it....and then give it to your son!

great gun!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I have a few of the .22's in 6" ... only one in the electroless nickel though. My favorite revolver. I need to get a 4". Not sure why I never picked one up really. I've always been drawn to the 6". I should get one in .38 one day. Those are way more affordable.

I only shoot one of them. It's just stupid smooth and well balanced. It's in great condition but the others are all still un-turned so I leave them alone. I hope to give them to grand-kids some day. And yes, I bought these back before they were so "desirable".
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 457121 »

when i was 16 (1986) my Pop did the buying with my money of a used 4" Diamondback .22 for $225. I guess that's a straw purchase! It was and still is in like new condition. The bluing is incredible. It will go where i go until i croak.
Peter M. Eick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Peter M. Eick »

Mine is a 76 also. I bought it used in 78 and have owned it ever since. I have shot it now more then 45,000 recorded times. Great gun and it has seen a lot of use over the years.

Great gun. I often think about getting a blued nice one to go with it but never have yet.
38-55 & 38/44 What a combination!