OT - Gentleman's Honor

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Gentleman's Honor

Post by kimwcook »

I was looking over the classified ad section of the forum this morning when I came across Grizzly Adams' ad. He offered up a Winchester 1886 EL for sale. As I read through it I read where joachim slim really wants the '86 but just doesn't have the coin for it. I read further and towards the end of the first page and I read where rjohns94, tells joachim slim, he'll float him on the '86 if Grizzly Adams agrees to a deal he's made with him.

Now I think to myself, there's no way on God's green earth this is gonna go. It appears these guys don't know each other, other than on the board, so it's a no go. But to my surprise and total astonishment it's a done deal!

I work in law enforcement guys and I work with all sorts of people. Mainly those on the lower rung of the ladder. So when I see this, first of all, I can't believe it. Second, it happens. I'm floored!

People, you can't believe how much that restores my faith in mankind. Gentleman's Honor, Honor amongst men.

This forum is the only one I've ever seen this type of trust amongst members. I only pray it's never abused. At least not here.

Everyone have a nice day. I'm going to.
Old Law Dawg
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I have seen and done deals here where I sent money or was sent money and already had the item in the mail. IOW, both parties had acted on faith and forwarded their part without seeing a thing in return. While I would recommend some care in so doing, most folks here are really good folks. I think we've only had one bum in the bunch and he's gone....
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Kimwcook,
Yep--Lots of honesty here. If the item is less than say..$150, I ship it with faith that the check will arrive the same time the buyer gets his toy. In ten years on this board and the Sixgunner.com board, I have never been let down.
BTW, beings that you and I are "cyber buddies" and are 100% trustworthy, can you please send me $25,000 (cash, please) and any old Winchesters you have laying around. I would prefer ones in really nice condition. I'll send 'em back (plus the cash) in a couple of weeks.-------------Thanks buddy! :D -------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sixgun, that was good.

Drool on this;

:twisted:
Old Law Dawg
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

kimwcook,

You are correct about the quality of men that are members of this forum.
I am a recipient of that generosity.

Last year I posted a thread on the previous incarnation of this forum titled:
OT-Musings from the Miller: Marlin MR-7 http://leverguns.sixgunner.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31633

After starting this thread I received an email from a forum member who stated he was going to buy me that MR-7 that was listed in the tread.
And he did. For my birthday. I haven't met this gentleman yet as he lives in another state. And he has requested anonymity so I'm not at liberty to post his name.
I could never have purchased this rifle, but thanks to the quality of men on this forum, I have it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnnyReb »

I was at a gunshow in Gainesville, GA and wanted to buy a rifle for my son. I had not planned on the purchase so I did not have enough money.
The dealer accepted the cash I had ($100.00), gave me the rifle and an address to send the remainder of the price.

I am glad that I have the opportunity to deal with people of such caliber (no pun intended :D ).
Redneck suicide note: Here, hold my beer and watch this!!
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT - Gentleman's Honor

Post by Leverdude »

kimwcook wrote:I was looking over the classified ad section of the forum this morning when I came across Grizzly Adams' ad. He offered up a Winchester 1886 EL for sale. As I read through it I read where joachim slim really wants the '86 but just doesn't have the coin for it. I read further and towards the end of the first page and I read where rjohns94, tells joachim slim, he'll float him on the '86 if Grizzly Adams agrees to a deal he's made with him.

Now I think to myself, there's no way on God's green earth this is gonna go. It appears these guys don't know each other, other than on the board, so it's a no go. But to my surprise and total astonishment it's a done deal!

I work in law enforcement guys and I work with all sorts of people. Mainly those on the lower rung of the ladder. So when I see this, first of all, I can't believe it. Second, it happens. I'm floored!

People, you can't believe how much that restores my faith in mankind. Gentleman's Honor, Honor amongst men.

This forum is the only one I've ever seen this type of trust amongst members. I only pray it's never abused. At least not here.

Everyone have a nice day. I'm going to.
Thats been the norm here in my experience. :)
spurgon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by spurgon »

I've had two different fellows, now of course my friends I'll probably never meet, on another firearm forum send me goods totaling a great deal of money for free because at the time I had no money available. This is one of the most humbleing experiences I've known and a rightious thing to say about the internet. It's a great reneweal of ones faith in our fellow man, something that we all need now in the sin washed world that we live in.

Also, there was a member here that at that same time gave me a gift of equipment worth a load of money to me for free. He's gone now , having been run off by a group of folks here. I feel like God puts people like this in our life for a reason. God bless these good men everywhere.
spurgon
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

It makes you feel better about the world to see men from different places and walks of life that have the common thread of honor and decency. Sometimes a mans faith in fellow man takes a beating these days. Good to hear this.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

It's nice to be among just and upright men. It makes us want to be just and upright in all our dealings with all people.

I've gotten and I've given. No idea where I stand in the $ balance, but that's not the point. When someone has the need and another has the means, they act. Very cool.

I thank you all.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[ I work with all sorts of people. Mainly those on the lower rung of the ladder. ]

Welcome to the Penthouse, via the high-speed elevator ! :wink: :mrgreen:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Junior sent me some stuff for free when I was wondering about the product...... 30WCF(?) did, too.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

I have to say that 3 or 4 times I have done smaller deals with people on this board with very satisfactory results. I even forgot to send the money once for 5 days, and still was easily forgiven. I hope I have made up for it by giving away cast bullets from different moulds for others to try.

The quality of the board members is refreshing.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

ditto likewise

Post by brucew44guns »

I bought a small item rercently from a member, walked down that morning to the mail box so a check would get on it's way that day. That night I looked at the forum again to discover the seller had wrote to say the item was on it's way to me. I hope I meet the man someday, he's allready a good friend.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Every day, we are presented the opportunity to extend God's grace in a variety of ways. Since my return from Ethiopia, I have been concentrating on removing the excess from my life, and providing some measure of happiness to others around me. It is my hope, that in my spheres of influence, I can create some pockets of excellence that demonstrate God's grace and love. What better way in this sphere of influence than to provide for someone elses needs. It was through the grace and blessings off this forum that I had the means to do this. I didn't expect it to get out or attention brought to it. I am humbled by the kinds words. I am more humbled and honored to be able to serve God in such a way. The blessings I have gleaned on this forum, through the sharing of knowledge, or the prayers, or the encouragement, laughs, or friendship, are precious to me.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I too, have been pleased to deal with several members of this board (& the old one). In each and every case the individual was unknown to me, and each has upheld his end of the bargain to more than my satisfaction. I have been humbled by these gentlemen's honor and honesty. And seeing the way some are able to step up and help their "neighbor" so to speak, is especially gratifying and humbling. I certainly don't feel in the minority when I say I wish I was able to do more. This is a wonderful place to visit, away from the hectic pace and "stab ya in the back world".
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Hobie wrote: I think we've only had one bum in the bunch and he's gone....

No, I'm still here. :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

Yeah here we've got each others backs.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

I was traveling a ways from home last year when I met up with a 'net friend and fellow board moderator for the 1st time. (NOTHER BOARD) We had dinner together at a nice place, he insisted on buying.

We spent some time talking and then he said he had something to show me in his car. Went out with him and he had several firearms he offered to sell me at bargain basement prices. Not expecting such a thing I didn't have a lot of cash on me. He said not a problem, I'll ship them to your ffl and you send me a check, I did the very next day.

2 days later the guns were at my fun store, a S&W 586 and a 686 plus a MAK-90 with 75 rnd drum. Before the check ever had a chance of getting to him.

This board is great, my favorite gun board.

Thanks guys,
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

kimwcook wrote:Sixgun, that was good.

Drool on this;

No, you drool on this :D :D :D
Made in 1902-- one piece walnuts-- 90%--chambered in 44 Russian--one of 151 made :D (I love those Colt SAA too) (I don't have an original box of 44 Russians, so the Specials had to do.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

This might well be due to the type of person drawn to this and a few other firearms forums. That said, I've visited a few forums for other types of weapons and found an entirely different crowd. Mostly younger, and into spray and pray weaponry. Seems folks drawn to leverguns and sixguns are usually a bit older and raised with more respect, both for themselves and others.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Count me in as well among the brethren. I've had dealings too & all concerned showed themselves to be good, just, honorable men. Just like the knights of old. There is always a remnant saved back by G-D. Those that won't compromise.

Like you all my word is my bond & my handshake is better than any written contract. I come from the "Old School". It is refreshing to know that honor, dignity & veracity still exist in our world.

I'm real proud to be among this fraternity-a world wide family, to be sure!

G-D bless Leverguns.com & all the members.

LeverBob
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote:
kimwcook wrote:Sixgun, that was good.
Drool on this;
No, you drool on this :D :D :D
Aw, you guys and yer antiques... Drool on the NEW:
.45 Colt!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

I too have horse traded with a few here and it is always a pleasure trading with friends (Keeping the levers in the family)
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
Bramble
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bramble »

I have been done kindnesses by members here and hope I have returned the same where I can.

I travelled to Africa to hunt with people only know to me from this forum and found to my delight that they are as fine a bunch as I have ever spent time with.

Gentlemen all.