My plans over memorial day

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

My plans over memorial day

Post by rjohns94 »

I have five hand guns that have not been wrung out at the range. I aim to fix that! So I will pack them up and head to the range and break them in proper. I will be taking my Sig 220 black elite in 45acp of course, my sig tactical ops 226 in 9mm, my Kimber solo in 9mm, my freedom arms 4"model 97 premier in 22lr and 22 mag and my custom Gary reeder in 44mag. Once that is done, I want to work on getting my M1A dialed in, my halo sight on my LMT 223 dialed in, the sights on my .303 BSA commercial checked out, my 458lott needs sighting in and the .54 Shiloh sharps is calling to have some lead through it since I put a tang sight on it. Range reports galore I'm thinking!!!! How about your plans for the weekend?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: My plans over memorial day

Post by Mescalero »

rjohns,
Knock it out Bro!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Not as good as yours. Just gonna explore some back roads and isolated lakes from Grand Rapids to Ely. Think I'm only taking P97DC and Henry 22 Mag with. Going to get in touch with my inner mountain man :lol: Hope yours goes well Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Looking forward to pix and an after action report!

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

I'm spending three or four days camping in my travel trailer at one of my favorite places, Hat Creek Rifle & Pistol Club range east of Burney, California.

http://www.hcrpclub.org/

Saturday is an open range day and potluck barbeque at the Hat Creek range for one of my other clubs, the Shasta Arms Collectors out of Redding, CA. I'm taking a bunch of shooters including lever actions, bolt, and revolver in .22 LR, two levers in .32-20, a Ruger SP 101 .357 Mag, Winchester repo Model 1895 in .405 WCF, original Winchester 1873 in.44 WCF, repo Winchester 1876 in .45-60, Shiloh Sharps Montana Roughrider in .45-100, and a 2 bore flintlock muzzleloader for anyone froggy enough to shoot it!.

On Sunday we will be having two NRA Cowboy Lever Action Pistol Cartridge matches, a sixty round in the morning and a 40 round in the afternoon. Hopefully at some point during my stay I will squeeze in a trout fishing trip or two at nearby Baum Lake or Hat Creek.

I'll be home to run up the Stars & Stripes for Memorial Day. It's gonna be a busy weekend! :D

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Mike,
That sounds like a day in paradise! :D The only problem with days like that is that it takes two weeks to catch up with the reloading of the ammo, cleaning guns, logging in, etc.

I might be out your way (well, about half way to 'ya) as the better half and I are headed to the horse auctions in New Holland---no, ain't buying any more nags, just hanging around, maybe hit the gunshops in the area.-------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Nothin exciting here, have a great weekend Mike.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Post by missionary5155 »

Good morning
Getting the Kaw KDX ready to cross a couple mountains to my regular Tuesday Yalaca Valley services in Morro Molle and Carrizal. Two hours of some of the best dirt bike riding you can imagin. Then continue packing for our return to the good old U.S.of A in June. Mike in Peru
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

First I am going by the VFW to donate some stuff they need for improvements on the facility - and the thank the Vets. Then I will fill the boat with fish and fill the back of the truck with hogs (with any luck). This will be donated to the Helping Hands nearby that are still feeding a few families that are relocated from our early spring tornadoes. Hopefully their houses will be rebuilt in a few weeks. If I can get this done Fri and Sat I will spend Sun and Mon doing whatever my boys want to do. Happy weekend to you all and thank you to those who served or lost a loved one that was serving our Country.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Mike you have some fine guns and can't wait to hear the reports. :wink: (Have a great time)

me----???------Just chilling with having some friends/family up for a nice little get together. (might have to break out the guns though and let some lead fly)then put em back up before the Margaritas start flowing.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Have a good time and be safe, everyone.
Sat. is supposed to be our only dry day, so I think a Harley ride is in order. Sun., I'm driving over the mountain and look at put in and take out points between Roza Dam and Union on the Yakima. They have opened up that stretch for two hatchery kings, but the river is running rampant now, and no one is fishing much, especially drift boats.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

olyinaz wrote:Looking forward to pix and an after action report!

Oly
Especially on the BSA Commercial!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

My son is coming down for the weekend and my daughter is coming on Monday so we plan on hitting the range on Saturday morning with a collection of arms to wring out. That way the family will be together on Monday and my son and I get to 'scratch the itch' on Saturday. Win, Win!
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

That sounds like a lot of shooting ! :D I should do a little bit of that myself --- i have an unfired .300 weatherby mag rifle, plus a LEupold scope i can marry to it in the back of my safe.

No components to load magnums right now except for brass, but if i can find a box of 180 gr soft points for less than the price of a car payment somewhere, i may hit the range too :)

been holding off because 1) i just didnt have a reason to shoot it 2) the 300 Weatherby bites at both ends , and 3) i dont feel like cleaning copper residue out of a new bore, a fresh barrel seems to always retain a ton of the stuff for me anyways
----- Doug
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Sounds like a good plan Mike! Wish I were there to help. :mrgreen:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I'm spending most of the day Saturday laying Wreaths.

Sunday I'm setting up the Avenue of Flags.

Monday I'm on Color Guard and if I didn't have this lip mucosal cyst I'd be playing TAPS.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Thank you.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

BlaineG wrote:Thank you.
I'm in the Legion. It's what I do.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Old Ironsights wrote:
BlaineG wrote:Thank you.
I'm in the Legion. It's what I do.
Until my back went out, I marched sousaphone in the Legion Band parades out of Olympia, WA. Even put up the flags one year.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Off to the Riverton WY gunshow on Saturday morning, then off to our little place on the mountain just outside of Atlantic City, way it looks now might have to shovel some snow when we get there! :shock:
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Work makes me high!
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

I'm taking my daughter to the lease for the weekend - should be fun (and interesting... :lol: )

Chad
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

chadbr wrote:I'm taking my daughter to the lease for the weekend - should be fun (and interesting... :lol: )

Chad
How old? A couple years is the difference between "WoW, that's cool Daddy" and "Serious?!?!"

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

What a great way to celebrate the freedoms so many have paid the ultimate price to defend for us!

I am hoping to get out to do a little shooting, but after 6 weeks on the road, I am just going to spend time with the wife and kids anywhere they all want to be.

Thank you all who have a loved one who has given that "last full measure of devotion" to God and country. We can never repay that sacrifice, but we can honor it by living free, and defending freedom with every breath we draw.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote:Mike,
That sounds like a day in paradise! :D The only problem with days like that is that it takes two weeks to catch up with the reloading of the ammo, cleaning guns, logging in, etc.

I might be out your way (well, about half way to 'ya) as the better half and I are headed to the horse auctions in New Holland---no, ain't buying any more nags, just hanging around, maybe hit the gunshops in the area.-------------------Sixgun
Jack, my uncle lives in New Holland. He's a WWII vet - 29th ID. He hit the beach at Omaha in the first wave. A lot of his friends are those we honor on Monday. Young men who never came home.

Hope you find an interesting "nag" at one of the local gunshops! :D
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

BlaineG wrote:
chadbr wrote:I'm taking my daughter to the lease for the weekend - should be fun (and interesting... :lol: )

Chad
How old? A couple years is the difference between "WoW, that's cool Daddy" and "Serious?!?!"
14... It will be a mix of 'cool daddy' and 'what the heck??' :D
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Hmmm friday I'm not sure I'll do anything !

Saturday we'll go DCP hunt for bear from about 15:30 until dark . Hopefully after that I'm home in time to see some of the Nationwide race in Charlotte .

Sunday I'll get up late (hopefully) get something to eat . Then prepare for the Indy 500 . At some point in there I'll either cook or order a pizza . After eating I'll stretch out and watch the Coca Cola 600 in Charlotte and perhaps drink a Bass Ale or two .

Monday we'll head over to the Memorial Day service in Culpeper . After the service we'll hit "The Dragon" for sushi and japanese/chineese quisine . Once we're back home we'll get our stuff together and back to the orchard after the DCP bear !

Tuesday I may very well take the day off and do NOTHING :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !