2 Million Dollar Rifle on Gun Broker

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
sharps1863
Levergunner 1.0

2 Million Dollar Rifle on Gun Broker

Post by sharps1863 »

Found this while surfing Gun Broker Auction # 294837930.
Buy it now for 2 million and the seller took pictures of it with a cell phone camera :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 2 Million Dollar Rifle on Gun Broker

Post by earlmck »

Well hey, only $1.8M to open. At least there's no reserve! :lol: clickable link: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =294837930

So how did you spot that baby, Sharps?
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Am I missing something here? Looks like a good tomato stake to me! :?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

:lol: I've got to wonder if he was sitting naked in front of the computer gnawing on human body parts when he posted this.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

it's only a $2M rifle if somebody buys it, and even then it's only worth that to the seller.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I might not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but what am I not seeing: "I have for sale a completely original Remington-Lee sporter rifle for sale. These were extremely rare as they were a limited production due to low demand for non-repeater hunting rifles in the late 1880's to late 1890's."

Yet, it sure looks like a repeater to me...?

What, there's some manual way of moving cartridges from the magazine to the chamber...???

Sure makes me think the rest of his claim is as bogus as that second sentence.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Well this Expert has done 3 deals on GB so We know He/She is bonafide. the last sentence in the story bout the rifle caught My eye.
"Any gross low-ball offers will promptly exclude individuals from the bidding. Any further inquiries will be welcome. Viewing of the gun will be by appointment only with the accompaniment of an officer"..................................................................... :shock: .An Officer?????
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Fantasy pricing has become the norm on internet sites these days, reality seems to have fled to parts unknown. Some real crappers are priced into the five figures every day. I pretty much stopped looking except for '86 parts. :(
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

.45colt wrote: by appointment only with the accompaniment of an officer"..................................................................... :shock: .An Officer?????
Hobie nailed it.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

A near mint R-L "Sporter" will sell for 1/1000 of his stupid want. Heavy hubba smoker. :lol:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Look at photo #9. There's a bunch of holes in the left side of the receiver. :shock: Bet it didn't come that way.

What a crackhead! :D

jb 8)
Last edited by 2ndovc on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

gotta be some kind of private joke --- nobody is that stupid (well--- i shouldnt say nobody )
----- Doug
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Please excuse me......... I'm gonna go, and put on my tinfoil hat. . :roll:

gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

My guess, typo of three or four too many zeroes! The linked auction was removed by the time I got to look--did he at least offer free shipping? :) :)
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Well shoot, I missed it.......
NRA Life Member
natedontgo
Levergunner 1.0

Post by natedontgo »

Darn, gone before I saw it...Someone remember the caliber ?? I've always (like 60 years) been intrested it these, now owning 3 ( 30/40,45/70,and 30/30 ) but only the 30/30 is 100% orginal... Can't imagine even the rarest chambering (perhaps the 38/72) new in orig.box,bringing anywhere near 1/10th of his asking.. Cabela's Boise has been aging a 32 Spec. @ $2,150 for at least 6 months, original in all aspects to my inspection,but for crack in wrist of stock ..Bore looks fine.... Nate
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

This link will show that the rifle was listed at least 13 times:

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/Completed/ ... rs=1619268

The description reads:
I have for sale a completely original Remington-Lee sporter rifle for sale. These were extremely rare as they were a limited production due to low demand for non-repeater hunting rifles in the late 1880's to late 1890's. Approximately 1450 of these rifles were manufactured and mostly at the request of the buyer. They came in two barrel types, hexagonal and round. They came with two separate stocks, one was the full length of the barrel and the other was about a quarter the length. It was also chambered in 13 different calibers the most common being 30-40 krag. This one happens to be one of the earliest known chambers of 7x57 Spanish Mauser. There are very few known to be in existence today. Any collectors will know the extreme value for an almost unheard of piece of which generally would belong to a museum. I brought this particular rifle to the Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody, Wyoming and it took several hours for their "Lee expert" to find any information on the gun. They had approximately 30 "Lee" long rifles in their collection but no sporters. The expert suggested it was a build off of an mk2 or 3 but after 2 hours of research he found a small section on it which only gave limited information including the dates of manufacturing, and the different designs offered. The price will be negotiable and i will accept offers and only serious bidders/offers only. Any gross low-ball offers will promptly exclude individuals from the bidding. Any further inquiries will be welcome. Viewing of the gun will be by appointment only with the accompaniment of an officer. Thanks for looking and happy collecting!!!
Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

If you liked that one, you'll love this one. It's painful, but read ALL the descriptions and rants.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =293445201
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

This cat is banking on what P.T. Barnum said about a hundred years ago except that today, there's a suckers born every second-------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

jdad wrote:If you liked that one, you'll love this one. It's painful, but read ALL the descriptions and rants.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =293445201

Wow -- that guy is windier than my home state ! :o :lol: (Oklahoma that is)
----- Doug
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

2 million? I thought I'd get to see a few pictures of that original 66 with a frame made of silver.

By the way, did anyone hear what that sole surviving 1875 Sharps fetched at auction?