Humor: Opposites

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

Humor: Opposites

Post by piller »

On the first day of classes at Harvard, the Professor was verbally quizzing the new Ph.D. candidates to see if they really belonged in his English Lit class. He asked the first student, a Grad Student from the University of Arkansas, What is the opposite of Joy? That would be Sadness answered the student. Correct said the Professor. To the next student, a Grad Student from The University of Oklahoma, he asked what is the opposite of depression? That would be elation answered the student. Correct said the Professor. To the third student, from Thu University of Texas in Austin, he asked, What is the opposite of woe? The student replied, that would be Giddy up! The Doctors say the stroke was just a mild one.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Humor: Opposites

Post by Pete44ru »

To the third student, from Thu University of Texas in Austin, he asked, What is the opposite of woe?
The student replied, that would be Giddy up!

...............................WHAT ? - ;) . :mrgreen:

pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

That can be taken 2 different ways. Wonder which this was intended. I just learned the new version a month or so ago. Not by experience mind You.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

For the folks who haven't necessarily been on a hay burner, here in Texas, Giddy up and Whoah are exact opposites.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

piller wrote:For the folks who haven't necessarily been on a hay burner, here in Texas, Giddy up and Whoah are exact opposites.
I thought "Whoah" was that silly noise soldiers make when they finish a sentence...

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
eric65
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eric65 »

Too funny! :lol:
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Pete44ru wrote:To the third student, from Thu University of Texas in Austin, he asked, What is the opposite of woe?
The student replied, that would be Giddy up!

...............................WHAT ? - ;) . :mrgreen:

Well - I grew up in ranching country - Nebraska Sandhills - in the 1930s and was almost 16 when my folks moved to the city and I learned there were other ways to make a living besides being a cowboy. We didn't have the stuff kids do today but we sure could work up our own entertainment.

A friend of mine (our dads were cowboys together in the past) were about 12 and found real fun. His grandfather had come west in a covered wagon pulled by a team of oxen so grandpa mad my friend a replica of the yoke used to hook the ox team to the wagon.

We decided we had to see if it worked so picked out a couple of short yearling steers ( about 500# or so) - got them into a corner and hooked them up to the yoke with the pipes it had - and hooked that up to a regular wagon (like you see in the movies) - it took a little time for the steers to get out of the corner but, when they did - it was a ride to remember !!!

We went through a little pond (OK - small lake) - a pasture, and a fence before the left hind wheel came off. We weren't injured - you know who God protects -

Our dads read the riot act to us but I was always convinced they were having a hard time keeping straight faces - like they might have done such in their earlier years. We hadn't taught that team the commands taught teams of oxen BEFORE hooking them up to a wagon. - Gee & Haw (turn right & left respectively) or - WHOA - STOP!
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

My Grandpa was a blacksmith and spent most of his life around large animals. He drove his first car through the back of the carriage shed after saying WHOAH and pulled back on the steering wheel! :lol: :lol: