Drunken Bears.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Drunken Bears.

Post by gamekeeper »

I just seen this on SKY News... :shock:

A family of bears has broken into a holiday cabin in Norway and consumed more than 100 cans of beer.

A mother bear and her three cubs broke into the wooden lodge in the north of the country by ripping off a wall, according to Norway's Finnmarken newspaper, and went on to eat and drink nearly all its contents.

The cabin’s owner, Even Borthen Nilsen, told reporters that over 100 cans of Norwegian beer - stored in the hut in preparation for the autumn hunting season - had disappeared.

Bear excrement and footprints – and an awful stench – left him in no doubt that it was the animals that had trashed the place during a night of revelry.

The carnage was discovered by Mr Borthen Nilsen’s mother and grandmother when they returned to the family-owned 26-square foot hut in Jarfjord in Finnmarken.

The bears had also polished off their store of marshmallows, chocolate spread and honey.

Mr Borthen Nilsen, who has studied natural resource management and bears, said: "They had a hell of a party in there.

"The entire cabin was destroyed. The beds and all kitchen appliances, stove, oven and cupboards and shelves were all smashed to pieces.

"They have bitten into the cans and drunk the beer.

"It's almost like taken out of Goldilocks and the three bears."

He added that now that the mother had shown her cubs how to get into the cabin and given them a taste for beer, he feared they might come back for more.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Cliff
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Drunken Bears.

Post by Cliff »

I have also read the article. I wonder if this is the truth or just something he told his mother and Grandmother to deflect the blame from his own partying and actions. You know how some norwegians can get after a few beers. Just saying :lol: .
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

:shock: seen a bear in a big hotel on the news the other day :o
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Cliff wrote:I have also read the article. I wonder if this is the truth or just something he told his mother and Grandmother to deflect the blame from his own partying and actions. You know how some norwegians can get after a few beers. Just saying :lol: .
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. :P :lol: 8) Honest the cabin was like that when I got here
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

The carnage was discovered by Mr Borthen Nilsen’s mother and grandmother when they returned to the family-owned 26-square foot hut in Jarfjord in Finnmarken.
How much carnage can you cram in a 26 square foot hut anyway? :oops:
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

rock-steady wrote:
How much carnage can you cram in a 26 square foot hut anyway? :oops:
+1

Heck, I think my refrigerator holds 27 square feet of storage!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Yep - actually 28 cubic feet of storage! :shock:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

rock-steady wrote:How much carnage can you cram in a 26 square foot hut anyway? :oops:
'Journalists' these days must study math and geometry about as hard as they study about guns. . . :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

It might have been meters squared in Norway? It would be 280 sq/ft if that is the case.

I've seen places trashed by bears but these must have been outlaw biker bears!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Maybe 26 ft. square?? :?