powder storage

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

powder storage

Post by two bit okie »

Where I live, the temp has been high (116 to 120 degrees. I have my powder in the house where is coool, but wonder if anyone has experience with storing in an old refridgerator at say....40- 45 degrees?
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Re: powder storage

Post by jnyork »

As long as it is livable in your house, your powder will be fine. You wont gain anything by refrigerating it.

About 25 years ago, I worked with a guy who was on the Rural Fire Dept. He related that they had responded to a trailer house fire which of course was fully engulfed when they got there, they just kept the fire contained and let it burn on down to the floor line. Inspecting the remains later, out of curiosity he opened the still-standing fridge and the stuff inside was still cool! That was enought for me, I scored an old frige on its way to the dump, removed the cooling equipment and it has been my ammo and powder locker ever since.