Pinhole Glasses for shooting...?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Pinhole Glasses for shooting...?

Post by AJMD429 »

I wonder if these might help some of you who don't ordinarily wear glasses but might benefit from a 'pinhole' for seeing the sights and target better.

I know this link is just an advertisement, but it got me curious - anyone hear of or use such a thing...?

http://perfectyourvision.com/video-report/
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
bdhold

Re: Pinhole Glasses for shooting...?

Post by bdhold »

makes perfect sense, but I think they'd look a bit like this:

Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Sounds interesting :D
Or should I say LOOKS interesting :?:
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Being on dial up I didn't watch the video, but I do use a diopter attachment on my shooting glasses. It does improve the clarity of the sights and target. Without it .... well, I'm lucky to see the target with out my Rx glasses. With my Rx glasses I can see the target but not the sights. It's sort of the best of both.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

I don't see why they wouldn't work Doc, but I suspect you'd need to use them in good light.

They're available at Amazon.com also.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've heard that somehow, perhaps because it's dark behind there, that while it improves vision, there could be some sort of eye damage due to the widening of the pupils, and extra UV, or some such thing...this is just off the top of my head, I didn't look it up again. :?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Deleted
Last edited by COSteve on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I guess I was just thinking along the lines of the less-light factor being like 'sunglasses', as well. For $19.00 it's tempting to just get a pair to experiment with.

Still, CoSteve has the idea. If one really wanted, and already wore glasses, it wouldn't be difficult to make a multiply-perforated black slipover for their glasses.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Concept-------yes(with certain people it can indeed help)
Also------You would not believe all the guys that show up at our range(some that have shot for years)just after watching them I notice (they are incorrect in their gun hold vs eye dominance(basically shooting gun right handed,BUT are left eye dominant)takes some change-----but that change will greatly improve their scores.(anyone that shoots needs to have someone check them,takes about 3 seconds)a lot of newer women members at our club run into this.

Back in the early 90's I found that shooting in the M1 Shoots I noticed that even with a National Match rear aperture it was way to big for "exact" shot placement(or as exact as could be done)
So, even over that small opening I found at a thrift store very small brady dots that fit into the aperture recession area.
Then hit it(ever so lightly with sight black and placed (a tiny)center hole in (now flat blackened brady dotted aperture with a good sized sewing needle.

Just doing this increased my score by 25 points.(not only did this eliminate (guessing of rear sight center with front post,but even bigger absolutely insisted (to see through hole)my cheek weld was perfect every time. Then went one step further and had my front sight post taken down to .030 :shock: (increased score another 10-15 points)

Doing both these steps combined by a good hold/trigger squeeze (and "now you are in the money) :lol: :D

Would I try them-(those ones??? nope)because it appears they just send you some adhered cloth material on some reqular cheap plastic glasses??? ( black mesh with hundreds of tiny holes within the material????)
I am under the thought process that you need (one)hole by itself in which you adapt eye to.
Having hundreds I would think(would distract and detract from purpose)

Good subject Doc!
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

My Grandfather who walked his woods and fields everyday in his old age always had a walking stick that had a 1/4 hole drilled at eye level. He would look at things through the hole and said he could see them clearer.
Dave B
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Dave B »

I have bad vision in my left eye. So bad, that the eye Docs say that that the connection between the eye and brain never were made properly prior to age 5. I don't even use it. I just concentrate on the right eye.
When I would get my eyes tested, I couldn't see with the left without closing the right. Even then, it was so blurry that I couldn't read. Now when they covered the eye with that black wand with the few pinholes in it, I could read pretty good.
I've often thought about making a pair of dark glasses with pinholes on the left side to try to train my self to use that eye incase I loose vision in the good eye. If they would make them for my situation, I would buy a pair.

Dave B