I hate Oct. 6th.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

I hate Oct. 6th.

Post by TedH »

10 years ago today I lost my best friend and partner in the Police Dept. He was killed in the line of duty while trying to apprehend a pair of murder suspects. I think of him often, but the 6th of October really sucks.
NRA Life Member
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I hate Oct. 6th.

Post by C. Cash »

Very sorry to hear this Ted. Hope you make it through the day OK and remember some good times.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

At least there are 355 other 'good' days in the year to compensate...

Too bad stuff like that can't happen on Feb 29th.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Sorry for your loss. Blessings
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Sorry Ted. Sociopaths killing cops and other good people seem to be normal behavior for these sub-humans in todays world.

I know its no where near the crime you experienced but my neice's house was broken into yesterday and the scumbags stole every electronic device in the house, including the laptop that contained all of the pics of their three kids when they were babies/toddlers.

Some individuals just need to be taken out back and shot...lets the worms and the buzzards have a good meal.-------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Some individuals just need to be taken out back and shot...lets the worms and the buzzards have a good meal.-------------Sixgun
Well said. We'd be a better off as a society if we did so too.

Ted, sorry about your loss. Time doesn't heal all wounds unfortunately. :cry:
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by RustyJr »

Sorry for your loss brother. No words I can say will ease the pain. I'll keep you in my prayers this evening.

RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Ted. Prayers up. Consolation and such do not ease the pain. But, you're not alone. That's all that I can offer.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
1894c

Post by 1894c »

TedH wrote:10 years ago today I lost my best friend and partner in the Police Dept. He was killed in the line of duty while trying to apprehend a pair of murder suspects. I think of him often, but the 6th of October really sucks.
sorry for your loss TedH...but remembering brings honor and respect to your partners life and ultimate sacrifice...i too lost a good friend on August 28, 1984 at 4:15 pm in the afternoon (last day i wore a watch)...much blessings to you... Code-4

COP hug sent (see attached photo)... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.