A Couple More Pics In Elk Country

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

A Couple More Pics In Elk Country

Post by Blaine »

Another beautiful day. Track stew tastes like doodoo :P

If I ever got one in some of that real deep, and heavy stuff, I'd have no choice but to build a fire and start eating.... :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A Couple More Pics In Elk Country

Post by FWiedner »

Lovely country.

Better luck tomorrow.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Stop taking naps and you`ll get somethin :P :lol:
Nice country 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

I don't know the woods like a lot of you guys who live there, but it seems like you could have Elk very close by and not know it with woods that thick. Nice country Blaine. By the way, DID you fall asleep out there ? :D - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

it's rutting season, and elk's bugle carries a long, long way.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

DixieBoy wrote:it seems like you could have Elk very close by and not know it with woods that thick.
You ain't just a whistling Dixie! And sometimes if you get down low to the ground you can see their feet but not the bodies. And sometimes the fog clears for a moment and there he is but by the time the rifle is shouldered the fog has hid him again. This kid doesn't hunt those rain-forests anymore -- that's for the young and tough, like Blaine.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

earlmck wrote:
DixieBoy wrote:it seems like you could have Elk very close by and not know it with woods that thick.
You ain't just a whistling Dixie! And sometimes if you get down low to the ground you can see their feet but not the bodies. And sometimes the fog clears for a moment and there he is but by the time the rifle is shouldered the fog has hid him again. This kid doesn't hunt those rain-forests anymore -- that's for the young and tough, like Blaine.
I can't hike them hard anymore, and neither can my hunting buddy....we sure like getting out, though. We wander about, and use a Hoochy Mama lost cow bleat and listen for awhile, and move on a mile to another clear cut, or thinned out portion of forest....Any day in the woods is a pretty good day.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Any day in the woods is a pretty good day.

Ain't that the truth.... :mrgreen:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Udy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Udy »

That some pretty country TTT.
I wish I could get more time off, as I would really like to come help you out. I kinda got a nack for finding them critters (It's all about tracking). I saw the post this morning and almost posted for you to call me if you got one cause I would be up there in a hart beat to help you pack if you needed it, but the reality is I couldn't unless you want to do it at night time. But that is possible too at least till thursday nite. Then I gotta get serious about my hunt. Reguardless the best of luck!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Udy wrote:That some pretty country TTT.
I wish I could get more time off, as I would really like to come help you out. I kinda got a nack for finding them critters (It's all about tracking). I saw the post this morning and almost posted for you to call me if you got one cause I would be up there in a hart beat to help you pack if you needed it, but the reality is I couldn't unless you want to do it at night time. But that is possible too at least till thursday nite. Then I gotta get serious about my hunt. Reguardless the best of luck!
My hunt bud and I are going to make a camp this weekend, finish elk season, layover a day, and do the four day late buck.....Keeps me out of the pool hall....hunt bud has son, SIL, and grandsons to pack stuff....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV