Got the "Droid" - any levergun apps...????

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Got the "Droid" - any levergun apps...????

Post by AJMD429 »

After reviewing what my needs were for work, and what was available, and so on, I got a Droid Razor (?) and am learning to use it (first job was to make it quit saying "Droid" whenever I got a phone call, without using a bullet to do so).

Once I get the basics down, anyone have any particularly 'fun' applications they use that your average gun-totin' deer-huntin' hilljack would enjoy...???
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Got the "Droid" - any levergun apps...????

Post by Alan Wood »

I am wondering how this wound up in politics? While I have an android phone I really only use it for phone calls... Er ok I did use it for maps while on vacation and email but not much else.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Alan Wood wrote:I am wondering how this wound up in politics? While I have an android phone I really only use it for phone calls... Er ok I did use it for maps while on vacation and email but not much else.
:oops: The 'politics' part was me being tired and trying to post using the droid and get used to the itty-bitty screen and type and all that.

Definitely going to be a 'learning curve' here... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

There is a "Big fanny burp Button" that is a real gas for an occasional prank if the situation calls for some lowbrow humor ---

precious little firearm related apps i could find

There are several good map/gps related apps like "My Tracks" , that are great for mapping out trails and things related to running/cycling/hiking

I like the Kindle app when i'm travelling --- holding as many books as i need on my phone means i dont have to pack around extra weight
----- Doug
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

See link below for Droid-based reloading app:
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

On my Droid I don't have anything gun related. I do have weatherbug for instant conditions in my area, radar now for more wx info, tools for truckers will find the nearest Wal-Mart, tune in radio so I can listen to Boortz,and gas Buddy for finding the lowest gas prices.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

crs wrote:See link below for Droid-based reloading app:
Just go into the "Play Store" and do a search for XPlat. I keep watching for the .45Colt to show up... but, I've got the .30-30, .45ACP and now the .223 Remington on there. I probably need to get the 7mmRemMag and .30-06 soon also.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Griff,
I will see just how fast Colin can get your .45 Colt data added and let you know.

As of today, he reported last months revenue is up nicely over previous months, so he can not say no to adding loads that will make more users happy.

PS to any and all - Please ask me for any load data you need that is not there and it will soon magically appear! :)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Got the Reloading Lite, 7-08 data and the Hunter Joe pack. Interesting data entry can be a little quirky and tricky at least on my phone but it accurately duplicated a shot at 275 yds with a cross wind with a .243.

Make that very quirky. Frustratingly very quirky with android.

Got it to work and the solution is just what happened.

45-70 would be a good addition for levergunners.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...