Could use a good thought or prayer

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Could use a good thought or prayer

Post by TedH »

Been feeling pretty darn rotton all week. High fever, aches, sore throat, etc. I tried my darnedest to not let it get the best of me, but had to admit defeat today when I found it hard to catch my breath, and went to the Urgent Care after work. I just knew they would tell me it was just the flu or maybe strep, but no, it turns out to be pneumonia caused by a severe respiratory infection. So now I'm full of the good drugs and confined to bed for a few days. Next time I believe I will listen to her and not try to be such a He-Man and go see the doc when I should.
NRA Life Member
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Could use a good thought or prayer

Post by Blaine »

Sorry for your nasty bout :( As we get older :roll: Have they given you some Albuterol? That really helps break up the congestion.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I hope you feel well soon.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

get well soon!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Prayers said.
I like to let My body's own defenses take cafe of it if it will. In My feeble brain I think it builds resistance but I have been known to go to the Doc. I kicked My last Cold, Flu or whatever it was without meds.
Get Well Soon
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Heal well.

I use Mullein to clear my lungs rather than Albuteral. Roll a cigarette of dried Mullein and smoke it. Of course this is coming from the same guy who cleared up an eye infection this week by adding tincture of goldenseal to saline and immersing my eye in it.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Prayers up. And my only advice is follow the doctor's instructions to the letter, including taking all of the meds perscribed, don't stop just because you feel better.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Done!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Prayers up, heal fast.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Tycer,
My teacher was a " healer "
How did you come by this knowledge?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Ted,

Take care and do as the Doc sez. The argument my wife & I get into is whether "bed rest" includes the couch! I believe it does!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Natural remedies can work, but sometimes we wait until it is beyond their ability. Antibiotics were originally intended for use as a last resort, but now too many people want them for a cold. Antibiotics DO NOT cure a cold. I sometimes wonder at the people who want a pill just to make them think they feel better when 7 days and treating the symptoms with some sort of mucolytic would do more good. Slight fever, somewhere around 101.5 or less, will usually kill bacteria of viruses without harm to the patient. When the fever goes above 102 you really need to see a Physician.

For those who want to use natural remedies, just use good sense. Because something is natural doesn't mean it is safe at any and all doses. The foxglove plant is great for making a tea to help with congestive heart failure, but it can kill you if you use even a little too much. Bee venom from the stingers is natural, can be used cautiously in some cases to eliminate neurological problems, but in large amounts can kill. I advise you to consult a well known healer or herbalist and proceed with caution. Kind of like reloading, a little bit too much can be disastrous, but just the right amount can be perfection.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

When I was a kid and had asthma, crupe, bronchitis my mom had some brown powder she would put in an ashtray, and light it. It kind of sparked a little, and put out smoke that I was supposed to inhale. I cannot recall if it did any good....it was called....umm....asthma-nef-arin?? or some such thing...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Best wishes, Ted. A good attitude and some good drugs and you'll be good to go before long. One thing to watch for with the dang pneumonia is that even after you've got over it you are still puny for a lot longer than you think you should be. Don't count on a real quick bounce back to normal vigor. Been over 30 years ago I went down that road, and I'm kinda' remembering it was a couple of months before I got my wind back.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

Kick that nasty stuff right down the road Ted. And feel better soon. - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

piller wrote:, somewhere around 101.5 or less, will usually kill bacteria of viruses without harm to the patient. When the fever goes above 102 you really need to see a Physician.

I figured the same thing when mine hit 103.9.
NRA Life Member
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

piller wrote:Natural remedies can work, but sometimes we wait until it is beyond their ability. Antibiotics were originally intended for use as a last resort, but now too many people want them for a cold. Antibiotics DO NOT cure a cold. I sometimes wonder at the people who want a pill just to make them think they feel better when 7 days and treating the symptoms with some sort of mucolytic would do more good. Slight fever, somewhere around 101.5 or less, will usually kill bacteria of viruses without harm to the patient. When the fever goes above 102 you really need to see a Physician.

For those who want to use natural remedies, just use good sense. Because something is natural doesn't mean it is safe at any and all doses. The foxglove plant is great for making a tea to help with congestive heart failure, but it can kill you if you use even a little too much. Bee venom from the stingers is natural, can be used cautiously in some cases to eliminate neurological problems, but in large amounts can kill. I advise you to consult a well known healer or herbalist and proceed with caution. Kind of like reloading, a little bit too much can be disastrous, but just the right amount can be perfection.
Very well said!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

TedH wrote:Been feeling pretty darn rotton all week. High fever, aches, sore throat, etc. I tried my darnedest to not let it get the best of me, but had to admit defeat today when I found it hard to catch my breath, and went to the Urgent Care after work. I just knew they would tell me it was just the flu or maybe strep, but no, it turns out to be pneumonia caused by a severe respiratory infection. So now I'm full of the good drugs and confined to bed for a few days. Next time I believe I will listen to her and not try to be such a He-Man and go see the doc when I should.
Hope you feel better real fast Ted.

That said, almost dyin' ain't a good enough reason to start listenin' to no woman.

:wink:

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Feel better soon!

-Stretch
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Prayers for feeling better soon. Those antibiotics will knock you out, too, but keep taking them and relax for a few days of R&R.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Done.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Rest and relax.the older We get the more We need to work at staying well.Prayers Up.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Get well soon! :)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Prayers up.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

Prayers, good thoughts, and a few drugs thrown in for good measure. You'll be good as gold real soon.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Hope you're feeling better!!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Dave B
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Dave B »

Prayer sent. I hope that you recover quickly.

Dave B