Ladder Sight for a 94?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FOTIS
Levergunner 2.0

Ladder Sight for a 94?

Post by FOTIS »

I am looking for one for my 30-30 but not for a tang mounted one. Anyone know where I can get one? Thank you!
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Re: Ladder Sight for a 94?

Post by Malamute »

They are available from a couple places. Buffalo Arms? Old originals on ebay or other places, and perhaps from Uberti. Browning also used them on the 86 carbines. I think I've seen them on the market, perhaps from Midwest guns, who have the factory parts, but they are not cheap.

The old Winchester sights often have very wide open V's, which seem hard to use, but I was able to ding the 600 yard plate in fading light with a carbine with such a sight last spring. I had a spotter watching for hits so I could range in on it. I was a a bit surprised, but it was fun.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Bob's Gun Parts (google), and other Winchester parts folks have what you want - the proper name is Model 1894 Carbine Rear Sight.

gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Winchester parts? I believe the current Miroku 92 large loop carbines are also using the old style carbine ladders--or at least a facsimile of. I don't know the dovetail size but hopefully standard Win 3/8" (.375). On my list this spring is making.a clone of the rareist-of-the-rare "Pre War" 1894 trapper out of my ca '79 94 trapper--adding a carbine butt and long wood. Most the other requisite parts are already there - namely, 16" barrel, saddle ring and front post site. I'm planning a proper carbine ladder as part of that and will be in the hunt for one myself.
FOTIS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by FOTIS »

Thank you Gents.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

I can highly recommend the Soule sight from Lee Shaver. As far as I know he only sells on Ebay, now. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Grade-mod ... 1c0d319fed
I sent a rifle off to him many years ago, and he mounted it for em, and the sight was fantastic. It was of even less quality than the ones he sells now.

You can see it here. Image