OT- Movie review

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Dirty Dan
Levergunner 1.0

OT- Movie review

Post by Dirty Dan »

Don't waste your time with "American Gangster". Densel does a fair job, but the story is slow and boring.

The same is true for "The Assassination of Jesse James" with Brad Pitt--times ten. It is extremely rare for me to start a western and turn it off without finishing it. It is terrible. So bored I could not follow the thing. It jumps around and has no point. No worth the plastic it is recorded on.
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. - John Steinbeck
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Thanks Dan, you saved me from #2.

I wouldn't have considered #1. But then I don't watch many movies anyway.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I'm gonna dissagree with you on "American Ganster". The movie was good because it didn't have a bunch of action scenes thrown in to appease the action-junkees. It was an interesting tale of a man that understood how to get the money flowing in. He was a criminal, no doubt about that, but he was a genious too.

I reccomend you stay away from "Master and Commander" also by Russel Crowe. It is a looong movie about a ship at see that has almost no action until the very last 10-15 min. But, it was a great story.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

I'm gonna dissagree with you on "American Ganster".
+1

I thought it was a very good story, Im a big fan of the "based on true events" movies when they are good.

I do agree with you on The Assassination of Jesse James though, I couldn't keep my eyes on it.
Break on through to the other side!!!
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I have American Gangster coming on NETFLIXs so I guess I will go ahead and watch it. I remember when BROKEN TRAIL came out, I turned it off in the first 15 minutes. I like realism! THe opening Cattle drive was ridiculous 2 guys setting out to take a large herd over a long distance. The wife constantly tells me to let go of realism and enjoy it for what it is ENTERTAINMENT, but man sometimes movies kill me. The most recent was in one of the Bourne Identity Series Jason Bourne was attempting to give his girl friend Mouth to Mouth under water. DUH even if successful, when she regained her ability to breath on her own she would DROWNED when she gasped for her first breath!

I HATE STUPID PEOPLE! :D
Boge Quinn
Shootist

Post by Boge Quinn »

Haven't seen "American Gangster", but I'm with you on "The Assassination of Jesse James...".
bj94
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bj94 »

AG was a little slow compared to the continuous action shows that we are exposed to, but was very interesting since it was based on a true story.
budliteguy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by budliteguy »

I thought Broken Trail was a decent movie, Maybe it was not packed with realism, but it was watchable. I dont care for Pitt or Denzel. Never have. So I dont watch their Movies.