How sad is this?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

How sad is this?

Post by olyinaz »

They have to busy themselves with collecting paper weights!

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/

I hope a tear was shed for every destroyed firearm. :cry:

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Treeman72
Levergunner 2.0

Re: How sad is this?

Post by Treeman72 »

I cannot believe that those firearms were destined to become paperweights like that. Some I understand, better than melting down, but historic bolt guns
? I don't have $500-700 for even a fair condition SMLE.
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

That's just PATHETIC.....
ANYONE still wonder why we threw the Brits out of America...???
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You think that is bad? I regularly see fine rare Winchesters deactivated and offered for sale, even working guns are often advertised as "can be deactivated" I suppose a lot of people over here still have an interest in firearms but can't be bothered to jump through all the hoops to own and SHOOT one.. :evil:

Some of those guns btw are just replicas.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Ridiculous toys.

:roll:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

and those freaking prices are in quid - 60% greater number in dollars.
grouse
Levergunner 1.0

Post by grouse »

Well easy for me to understand why my kin left that Island so long ago....
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Look towards the bottom of the page--------deactivated 1862 Colts-------If those Colts are the real deal ones from the CW, the owner of that company needs to be "deactivated" :evil: -------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sixgun wrote:Look towards the bottom of the page--------deactivated 1862 Colts-------If those Colts are the real deal ones from the CW, the owner of that company needs to be "deactivated" :evil: -------------------Sixgun
Genuine antiques do not have to be deactivated as they do not require any form of licence in the UK, unless they are to be fired. :?
A lot of Uberti, Pietta replicas end up deactivated as it is easier to sell them to joe public than wait for shooters to get the correct firearm certificate.. :roll:

If only more so called gun enthusiasts would have the balls to get "shooters" rather than, as Fred put it "ridiculous toys" we might have a few more voters for the government to take notice of but somehow I doubt it, as the sheeple in this country just roll over and take what ever the government dishes out. :evil:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

game keeper wrote: as the sheeple in this country just roll over and take what ever the government dishes out. :evil:
Thanks Game Keeper. We are not far behind you on the situation you boys deal with.........sadly---------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD