The ex wife

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

The ex wife

Post by Rusty »

Tim decided to tie the knot with his long time girlfriend.

One evening, after the honeymoon, he was assembling some loads for an upcoming hunt.

His wife was standing there at the bench watching him. After along period of silence she finally speaks.

Honey, I've been thinking, now that we are married I think it's time you quit hunting, shooting, hand loading, and fishing. Maybe you should sell your guns and boat.

Tim gets this horrified look on his face.

She says, "Darling, what's wrong?"

”There for a minute you were sounding like my ex-wife.”

"Ex wife!", she screams, "I didn't know you were married before!"

”I wasn't “
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: The ex wife

Post by Sixgun »

Yea, they all get like that. Takes a while breaking 'em in. Took me 40 years and its still a job.

On that same note, my b-i-l, who married my wife's sister was like that. In 1960, the first year they were married, she stood in front of the door as my b-i-l was headed for his truck to go to the mountains for deer season and said "Its either me or your buddies". He pushed her to the side and went on his merry way and spent a week upstate. He told me she never bothered him again about that.

You gotta make it known who you are right from the get-go. :D ----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sixgun wrote:Yea, they all get like that. Takes a while breaking 'em in. Took me 40 years and its still a job.

On that same note, my b-i-l, who married my wife's sister was like that. In 1960, the first year they were married, she stood in front of the door as my b-i-l was headed for his truck to go to the mountains for deer season and said "Its either me or your buddies". He pushed her to the side and went on his merry way and spent a week upstate. He told me she never bothered him again about that.

You gotta make it known who you are right from the get-go. :D ----------Sixgun
And...here's the rest of the story......Bob actually went back in the house, and the wife went and put on a sexy negligé, and said "Do whatever you want..." So he packed up his gear and joined the boys....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

:lol: :lol:

rick
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My ex wasn't quite that bad, close, but not quite.

My current lady bought me 3 guns in 2012. One for my birthday, one for Fathers's Day, and one for Christmas. I told her at Christmas that if this keeps up, we're going to need another safe!

NRA Life Member
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

My Wife Never complains about the Guns I buy. Maybe if She knew She would. :lol:
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

pwl44m wrote:My Wife Never complains about the Guns I buy. Maybe if She knew She would. :lol:
Perry
When I die my wife will enjoy her around the world cruise, I have an inflation proof investment scheme! But, I do have to be sure nobody will confiscate my investment.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

My Green-eyed Monster knows & approves - heck, she even has a copy of my firearms inventory, with SN's & values (which I keep current in case I suddenly roll a seven).

She sometimes teases (?) me that she oughta pop me, so she can sell all my guns and live large...... :mrgreen:

MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Fiance and I's first date was to the range.

Helps when we're both veterans, she understands me.

Friend is feeding rumors that his wedding presents to us will be his-and-hers and they'll go bang.
pneuby
Levergunner 1.0

Post by pneuby »

My g/f is on-board pretty well. Her strongest complaint about firearms is that some are 'ugly'. :lol:
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Seems like y'all got some wonderful and understanding gals, but frankly, a girlfriend or a fiance is not a wife.

Those of you who've shed a 1st or 2nd know that.

Angels of the Lord when they're happy, more evil than the unholy spawn of Obama and Pelosi when unhappy.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

FWiedner wrote:Seems like y'all got some wonderful and understanding gals, but frankly, a girlfriend or a fiance is not a wife.

Those of you who've shed a 1st or 2nd know that.

Angels of the Lord when they're happy, more evil than the unholy spawn of Obama and Pelosi when unhappy.

:lol:
I'm still on the 1st one, and after 17 years I'm not likely to trade in.... but man are you ever right about that last bit! :lol:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

What guns?

Oh those... they're (fill in blank), I sold them to him last week. He just doesn't have room for them yet.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

After 40 years my wife knows that I'm sensitive to her needs, listen to her thoughts, treat her like a queen, . . . . . . and buy whatever firearms I want. In truth I think she's happy with my hobby because it gets me out of the house and out from under foot sometimes.

Seriously, we agree that we each are entitled to hobbies and time with our friends so when we're together, we're both happy to share each others company.

And at 65 and after 40 years marriage to the same woman, how many guys can still say that they still get some . . . . . . . . . 'sharing' regularly. :o :wink:
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

PillHer likes to hunt almost as much as I do. Her favorite gun is her Marlin 336C she had fitted to her. The stock is now too short for me, but she shoots it very well. 3.4 to 1 inch groups at 50 yards from the standing position. She also likes her 20 gauge semi auto, her .243, her 30-06, and her .22lr. Her SKS is fun for her, but she doesn't shoot it much anymore.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

My wife and I shoot CAS together. Here are a couple of pics of Yukon Rose and I.

ImageImage
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva