Quigley 2013 flier

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Don McDowell

Quigley 2013 flier

Post by Don McDowell »

The 2013 Quigley match flier is up on their web site now. So plan your fathers day vacations accordingly :)
http://www.quigleymatch.com/info-flyer.html
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Quigley 2013 flier

Post by Blaine »

Probably, assuredly, not this year, but it's an absolute must for someday....How many rounds should one plan to bring? Are smokeless shooters strung up? :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

You'ld need 48 for the match and however many you wanted to go thru before the match.
Alot of smokeless whiners there gripe about the bp smoke...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Don McDowell wrote:You'ld need 48 for the match and however many you wanted to go thru before the match.
Alot of smokeless whiners there gripe about the bp smoke...
:twisted: If they didn't wear panties, they wouldn't wad up :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

:lol: very true
But I had to ask a couple of them once when they really got on a tyrade about all that stinky smoke, just what did they think bpcr stood for? :roll:
Tumbleweeds II
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tumbleweeds II »

Big Puff of Carbon Residue? :roll:
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Post by FatJackDurham »

wish I could go....
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I casually mentioned it to my better half, and she said ..........."LET'S GO!!!"

I better get that dang rifle fitted with some good sights and get some practice time in! I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the notion of shooting at something 800 yards away without a scope!
NRA Life Member
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Ted if you think you can make it to either Alliance or the Quigley or both, let me know. We'll get together and I'll help you get thru the ordeal.
If you go to the Q, you can really make a trip out of it, with the Black Hills and all along the way, plus the weekend before you can shoot the Big Hill at Baker Mt and the weekend after the Peabody Pass at Rahm ND. Need to drag levergun,22 and 6 gun along plus your long range gun for the other two .
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I probably won't push my luck with the Alliance shoot, being Mother's Day weekend. But the Quigley is a definite possibility, looks like a good time. We are making plans to go to the Caribbean in April or May to get hitched, so that's going to eat up some vacation time, but I should be able to take a few more days for something as important as the Quigley shoot. :D
NRA Life Member
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Well tell her they have a ladies class at Alliance too. :lol:
Be sure and bring enough ammo you can both shoot at the Q, they give award for the high first time shooters, the high couple and ladies class.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I don't think I'll get her behind this rifle by then. She's doing good with the 243 I got her, but she is reluctant to shoot the Sharps so far.
NRA Life Member
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I have a Browning BPCR in .40-65 she can use. Recoil is nil. Don't know if I will make it or not, and if I do I'll probably shoot a .45-70
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

This is on my bucket list, too -- even if I only go and watch.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Ted you'ld probably do well to bring ammo enough for her and any kids you bring along. Alot of times once they see all the other's just like them jumping into the fun....
Irelander
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Irelander »

That looks like a lot of fun. I need to get myself a Quigley rifle...will give me another reason to get out to MT.
The time has come to stand for all we believe in.

Glock Certified Armorer
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Don, they got a class for .50 JMB? :lol:
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Frank if you can shoot cast bullets thru it and as long as it's a singleshot or lever action rifle, with "period" iron sights, and you can hold er up for 8 rounds off hand at 350 yds... 8)
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Don McDowell wrote:Frank if you can shoot cast bullets thru it and as long as it's a singleshot or lever action rifle, with "period" iron sights, and you can hold er up for 8 rounds off hand at 350 yds... 8)
Does a bolt action single shot count as a single shot Don? Would a peep rear and blade front count as "period"?

BTW as far as I know, my earlier post is the first one I've seen with the acronym JMB replacing BMG. I think I like it. :D
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

No I don't think a bolt gun would qualify, but if you think you could get your peep sight to reach 805 yds...
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

If I go, I'll have to haul one of those stupid, heavy loads up to WY and dead head the "wrong" way! Grrr... Parking the 18-wheeler doesn't appear to be a problem... space-wise, anyway!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!