How about some LION TACOS??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

How about some LION TACOS??

Post by Rusty »

A lot of people are up in arms over this. Sounds crazy to me, after all meat is meat,

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2219 ... ontroversy
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: How about some LION TACOS??

Post by Blaine »

:lol: Anytime a Liberal is "appalled" I know he's full of it...... :lol: I'd have one just to hack them off.....Down in Panama, the Meat-On-A-Stick Señor, I'm sure, used anything he could get his hands on. None of it was beef or pork, and it was all good.....Iguana was especially tasty...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Some of the folks back in N.M. really like mountain lion meat.
I have never had it, and most likely never will.
I do not think any less of them for it.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Ever tried Bobcat ? After chewing for 10 minutes I had to spit it out, it tasted OK just that muscle dosen't chew very well. I would eat a Lion Taco.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Mescalero wrote:Some of the folks back in N.M. really like mountain lion meat.
I have never had it, and most likely never will.
I do not think any less of them for it.
The mountain lion I killed in Idaho was without a doubt, the absolute best wild game meat I've ever had. Wish I could get one or two every year.
NRA Life Member
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Wow,
You have to wonder how much cultural conditioning is in play.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I am most amused at the protest of the guy from the big cat rescue place.

I guess he missed one.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

I eat a house cat if I were hungry :D
junkbug
Levergunner 2.0

Post by junkbug »

Cultural conditioning aside, I have always heard carnivore flesh has parasite problems. Even flesh from omnivores, like pig and bear, has to be treated with care.

I would be moderately interested, but $35 for a taco lost me at the door. I have wondered if people ate mountain lion, now I know.

With any animal used or food, I guess what it had been eating before becoming dinner is pretty important. I know some people have no problem with pigeons taken in rural areas, feeding near grain storage stuctures, considering it much like dove. Those same people cringe at the idea of the same bird taken in an urban environment. Me too, unless I am very hungry.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Realizing in a survival situation you'll eat anything I wouldn"t have thought cat-anything would be all that tasty. Interesting esepcially the mountain lion comment. Outside of survival, I draw the line at most any reptile, certainly snake, rat, pigeon (rats of the sky an apt name for them) dog and house cat :)
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

the case of the restaurant is snob-appeal to the ridiculum.

But any meat after long enough in a smoker will pull to carnitas and make great tacos.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

gak wrote:Realizing in a survival situation you'll eat anything I wouldn"t have thought cat-anything would be all that tasty. Interesting esepcially the mountain lion comment. Outside of survival, I draw the line at most any reptile, certainly snake, rat, pigeon (rats of the sky an apt name for them) dog and house cat :)
Best I can describe the mountain lion meat is that's it's very similar to a lean pork chop. Shake and Bake'd a nice chop, almost indistinguishable from pork chops.
NRA Life Member
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Theres nothing better than lion smokeys I have them every year there can be a parasite problem with lion pig and bear meat they can all have trichinosis, and moose have a parasite in the meat too. Its good have even tried bobcat once we grind up the meat and add some lard and stuff it in some 28-32mm sausage casings and smoke for 4hrs then bring it up to a high temp for a bit. when hunting we wrap them in foil to throw in the fire. its meat and tastes good, cat the other white meat. danny
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I have heard nothing but great things about mountain lion meat. And yes, there was a case in Idaho a few years back about some hunting buddies who contracted trichinosis from lion jerky that was not exposed to enough heat. I get a little nervous when offered bear jerky for the same reason.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I remember when I read Lewis and Clark's journal they talked about eating mountain lion and thought it was the best meat they had on the entire trip. I'm betting they killed them with that air rifle they had along.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

The first and maybe the only place I ever heard of eating mountain lion was in the book "Indian Creek Chronicles" In the book the author tells of eating butterfly backstrap. For some reason he didn't eat other parts of the cat.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.