For the B25 Mitchell fans...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

For the B25 Mitchell fans...

Post by awp101 »

May 16, 2013 - North American B-25 Mitchell
This B-25 belongs to the Texas Flying Legends Museum

CREDIT -Sam Bulger

:mrgreen:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Re: For the B25 Mitchell fans...

Post by El Chivo »

I heard there's a B-25 out here at the Van Nuys airport, though I've never seen it. I'll have to try.

The cannon version must have been something.

As an aside, about 12 years ago I was driving from San Diego to Palm Springs, and way out in the middle of nowhere is a hanger with a B-29 parked out in front. THAT was a doubletake. It wasn't the Palm Springs air museum, either, it was miles away from anything.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

We've got a fully operational one here at the Commemorative Air Force Museum, Falcon Field in Mesa, AZ. I know (am acquainted with) one of the pilots. A sight to behold. Unlike Sentimental Journey, the B17G HQ'd here and parked right next to the B-25 on the tarmac, to date only walk-arounds for the 25 (no wandering inside or flights except VIP/reservation types). I hardly fit into (parts of) the B-17, so a walk around is fine for me!
Looking at the B-25 through the tinted top turret of the B-17. With fully "loaded" .50s, that was one of the spots I didn't fit so well in!
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

We had a B-25 make an appearance at a local airshow a few years ago. It was part of the static displays and was downright gorgeous.

The low-level high-speed fly-by was awesome.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

Those are awesome!

What are the slots in the wings behind the props? Gun ports? Cooling for the engines?

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Intakes for the turbochargers.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

The B25 and the P38 are my favorite WWII aircraft :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

El Chivo wrote:I heard there's a B-25 out here at the Van Nuys airport, though I've never seen it. I'll have to try.

The cannon version must have been something.

As an aside, about 12 years ago I was driving from San Diego to Palm Springs, and way out in the middle of nowhere is a hanger with a B-29 parked out in front. THAT was a doubletake. It wasn't the Palm Springs air museum, either, it was miles away from anything.
My office is right across the street for Van Nuys (literally, the rear wall of Jet One's hanger is right across the street). I'll have to take a look around next week, and ask a few of the pilots there about it. I'll let you know what I find out.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad