I heard the Gander MT. has just opened a guns only store in.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

I heard the Gander MT. has just opened a guns only store in.

Post by hightime »

Rodgers MN., right next to Cabellas. If so I'm getting there soon. Anyone heard this?

Owen
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I heard the Gander MT. has just opened a guns only store

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Yep they had it advertised on radio quit a bit. They also are sposed to have another huge gun display about 15 miles south of Rogers on Hiway5 west off of 494 in the SW corner of the 494 loop
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I've only been to the Gander Mt near Denver once, they had way overpriced used and new rifles, and wouldn't negotiate on the used guns, and everything else seemed to be overpriced also. That was years ago and I've never been back. I just can't imagine them being any real competition to Cabelas.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I'd take a gander at it
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

El Chivo wrote:I'd take a gander at it
- LOL . :mrgreen:

coachise
Levergunner

Post by coachise »

They have done the same thing in Reynoldsburg, OH (Columbus suburb). Transferred a regular Gander Mountain store into a primarily firearms/tactical/shooting accessories store. Much better selection than the old store. I thought it was a response by GM to the recently opened Cabelas nearby.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Gander Mountain is searching for a niche, ever sense they were purchased years ago. Invested too much in big stores before the market went to heck. The gander around me is way overpriced.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The local Gander Mountain a few years back (pre-first-affirmative-action-election) when folks were first emptying out their closets and trading in grandpa's old levergun for a new, soul-less plastic wonder, must have had someone pricing their used guns who thought anything but bolt action rifles were useless, because breakopens and leverguns were to be had at great prices if you didn't mind some honest wear-and-tear. Got a Marlin 336 in 35 Rem that way.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

Mostly they are ridiculous on pricing, but they must know their competition and are willing to deal. Setting up right next to Cabellas they will need something to offer or they won't be there long. My main interest is in used guns, so I'll be looking.

Owen
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

BenT wrote:Gander Mountain is searching for a niche, ever sense they were purchased years ago.
I used to prefer buying mail order "huntin clothes" from them over Cabelas and Redhead !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Molasses
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Molasses »

I was at the new Rogers location on the day they first opened their doors and I've stopped in once since. Wallet didn't leave my pocket. It's quite a nice, big store with a whole lot of gun counter and it's pretty much priced like all the regular GM stores.
Molasses
SASS #925 Life
NRA Life
bakamorgan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bakamorgan »

The gander mt in my area just finished their re-model and had their grand opening. Very nice store. Prices were hit or miss on the guns. They easly had over 5k worth of gun compared to what they used to have. Quanity over quality I think they are going for BUT they did have some dan wesson V bobs and some other 1911s I have been wanting to put my hands on that most stores around my area don't stock so thats a plus to them.

Since they had a grand opening they got a HUGE order of ammo in. So I was able to pick up some 9mm and some other ammo. Of course the 22 sold out by noon but thats ok for now. Some of there ammo is definitely pricey. So you have to be on your game to see whats fair price in your area and to you. The bass pro in my area was selling the same brand ammo for 18 bucks less but then some of the other stuff was the same as walmart. Just need to be careful, also take a girlfriend/wife with their foid so you can get more boxes if needed. :)

Before the remodel they didn't have pelosi IMO. They are worth taking a gander to look into if it's not to far away.

IF you know it's going to have a grand opening hit it up for ammo at least if you need some :)
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

They just opened two new stores in the Charlotte area, advertising one as having the "largest selection of new and used guns in the state". Stopped by yesterday on my way back into town and boy was I disappointed. Yes, a pretty large selection - of very over-priced new guns. The "selection" of used guns was rather paltry and even more over-priced. No reloading stuff AT ALL. I won't be going back.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Was at the GM gun only store in Germantown, WI yesterday. This store is just down the road from Cabela's in Richfield.

Definitely pricey. Nice five digit serial number 1886 Winchester (.45-70) oct barrel asking $4995.00. A Winchester Model 71 short tang for $1995.00, very, very good shape.

Place appears to push new instead of used though as 3/4 of the place has only new and you could buy a new Vaquero for less than a used one based on sticker. Their new prices were in line with Cabela's. Absolutely nothing in the reloading area except shotgun stuff.

As a side note, about a year ago I was at the GM in Waukesha, WI and noticed a M71/84 Mauser on the wall (before they moved all the used stuff to the "new" gun store). Asked to take a gander at it (no pun intended). Absolutely spotless all matching #'s, not refurbished. They were asking $1800 for it. Said it was nice, but really did not want to spend that much. The clerk went and got the store manager. Manager asked what I would give him for it since they had to transfer all the used to the gun store by the end of the week. Told him I would give him $500 for it today (half of what I really wanted to say), he countered at $700...I said tax in and we have a deal. Still have the gun, fired it numerous times (maybe should not have, but...) and have been offered $4000 for it at a gun show.

So all prices are negotiable.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

Well we got there today. I'm not impressed. I know what most all the new guns look like and cost, I want to see used. I found a few older levers there, but they were a little far away to get a good feel as to what they were. Getting a closer look would require going back to the front of the store and getting a number. There were about eight. All I could tell is there were a couple older Marlins and Winchesters a couple newer '92's, probably Rossi. and a Uberti. I did finally get asked if I needed help. I guess I didn't.
Not a guns only store. Lots of clothes. No reloading. I went to Cabellas gun library. I still like it better.

Owen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.