Mileage Calculator

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Mileage Calculator

Post by El Chivo »

I thought somebody on the internet ought to have the mileage between cities, well, they do:

http://www.symsys.com/mileage/index.php

Handy and cool, might be nice for planning hunting trips, too. I'll have to see how small a city has to be before it's not listed. Here's one I tried:

The distance from Wapakoneta, Ohio to Cincinnati, Ohio is approximately 99.4 miles (160.0 km).
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Mileage Calculator

Post by Griff »

Heck, who needs the internet, just ask a truck driver! But sometimes they'll ask questions like; how heavy are ya? How long or wide is yer load? Are ya haulin' hazmat? :P :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Griff on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

you can do this on mapquest.com as well. there it can also give a detailed driving map with alternate routes if needed
----- Doug
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I've driven cross country from Spfld, IL to Phx, AZ darn near a dozen times. My odometer clocks off around 1750 miles +/-. The Mileage Calculator said it was near 1300 miles plus a bit.
I know that's probably because they use a different route than I do, so my only comment to them would be to make that info available.

I don't do mapquest or any computerized nonsense when I drive, I use paper maps and flat out refuse to take toll roads. I am an anachronism you know.

It's not worth the effort to save it. It doesn't have any information on Ft Wayne, IN. :x

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

The distance from Fort Wayne, Indiana to Paris, Kentucky is approximately 203.6 miles (327.7 km).

Joe, I guess for you it ought to have a spell-checker built right in with it.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

El Senior Chivo,

Ft Wayne, IN is the most often used spelling of that place. Almost nobody uses the complete spelling any more. You found it, fine. My computers built in spell checker did not flag Ft Wayne, IN as being incorrect.

The Mileage Calculator did find the mileage from Springfield, IL to Phoenix, AZ. From Springfield, IL to Hobbs, NM. From Springfield, IL to Casper, WY. Two letter state codes. I did try Fort Wayne, IN and it couldn't find that.
For ME it's a not a worth the trouble if I have to spell out some city / state combos while it recognizes others using the two letter state codes.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

A few years coming out of Colorado on the 50, I somehow got turned south, and missed Kansas, ended up in Oklahoma....How the heck can you miss a whole state? :oops: :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

" No information on Seattle,WA " ..... Hay it works good.... NOT!! :? :? :?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:" No information on Seattle,WA " ..... Hay it works good.... NOT!! :? :? :?
As you know, there are almost zero reasons to go to Seattle.....To see a show or concert is about all for me.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

BlaineG wrote:A few years coming out of Colorado on the 50, I somehow got turned south, and missed Kansas, ended up in Oklahoma....How the heck can you miss a whole state? :oops: :oops:
When I was 16 or 17 I was heading for Maryland via PA and ended up in West Virginia. Talk about WTF! Yappin' instead of driving. :oops:

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

BlaineG wrote:A few years coming out of Colorado on the 50, I somehow got turned south, and missed Kansas, ended up in Oklahoma....How the heck can you miss a whole state? :oops: :oops:

That's ok -- you found the right one anyway ! LOL :lol:
----- Doug
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

J Miller wrote: I don't do mapquest or any computerized nonsense when I drive, I use paper maps and flat out refuse to take toll roads. I am an anachronism you know.

Joe

using mapquest is as easy as posting on this forum --not very scientific at all
----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Streetstar wrote:

The best breakfast I ever had was just over the border in OK....a little greasy spoon. The sign said Let Us Surprise You for 4.99......They gave me a bunch of home made biscuits, gravy, sausage, eggs and a couple pancakes, coffee.......I'm sure it was Boise City where I picked up the 56 and headed into Dodge City, the 50 again, and up to KC, InterState 70, and home.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

BlaineG wrote:
Streetstar wrote:

The best breakfast I ever had was just over the border in OK....a little greasy spoon. The sign said Let Us Surprise You for 4.99......They gave me a bunch of home made biscuits, gravy, sausage, eggs and a couple pancakes, coffee.......I'm sure it was Boise City where I picked up the 56 and headed into Dodge City, the 50 again, and up to KC, InterState 70, and home.....

Stuff like that is the reason a lot of us in middle America suffer from weight problems :lol: ---- occasionally I will breakfast at little general aviation airport diner --- the 3.99 special consists of 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1 sausage patty, hashbrowns and 2 pancakes :shock: :o ---- the 4.99 special is all of of that plus a slice of ham :lol: :lol:

The place is neat , packed with a lot of aviation memorabilia

For me, I usually get 2 eggs cooked over-hard and 2 slices of bacon and i'm good ---- ordering ala carte like that is more expensive than ordering one of the "specials" and just throwing away what I don't need , but I hate wasting food
----- Doug
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

does not recognize my town!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Tried it on a couple of routes I know well. It's way off. It uses straight line distance, not highway miles.
Have you hugged your rifle today?