Mic McPherson's New Book

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Mic McPherson's New Book

Post by Sixgun »

I received a pleasant surprise the other day. A buddy of mine is one of those high fallutin "Shootists" and while he was at the "Shootists Holiday" a couple of weeks ago at the NRA center in Raton, he was bs'en with Mic (who is a personal friend of his) and he told him, "A bud of mine back East would really appreciate your new book". So Mic signed it and my bud sent it to me. Funny thing, it did not cost me a dime! :D

I've been reading it the last few nights and I highly recommend it. Mic writes in a language that is easy for the layman to understand. He points out the solutions to most every headache we handloaders and bullet casters come across, and I'll go as far to say that with this book, there will never be a reason to log on to Leverguns anymore and ask questions. Be a man and buy yourself a copy!!! (oops, sorry)

Reloading manuals by big companies get boring to read. Mic throws in lots of entertainment and pictures..........whoa..........all kinds of pictures.

Anyway, here's few pics and the table of contents and NO! I ain't looking up nothin' for you. Get your own copy. :D -----------------------Sixgun

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

junkbug
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Mic McPherson's New Book

Post by junkbug »

Awesome.

Enjoy!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

ANYONE HERE WHO WISHES TO STOP BY AND TOUCH THE NUMBER ONE[1!!] AUTOGRAPHED COPY OF MIC's NEW BOOK IS ADVISED TO MAKE AN EARLY APPOINTMENT.

I ALMOST HAVE IT ALL READ AND IT IS THE HANDLOADING DELIGHT READ OF THIS NEW CENTURY. IT IS THE ' THIRD ' IN A TRIUMPHERATE THAT INCLUDES SHARPES AND NARAMORE's BOOKS ON AMMUNITION AND HANDLOADING.

APPOINTMENTS ARE FILLING UP QUICKLY....
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Mic is a great guy. One of the last, true, Renaissance men. I he deserves more "air time" than he actually gets. 1886.
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Howdy Folks,
I went to Amazon to look up this book. You could pre-order but, it said the release date is Feb 07 2014... yep, 2014.....
Anybody know the "rest of the story" ?

Paul

Update: Looks like they're available at Mic's website..

http://www.levergun.com/main_index.htm
Last edited by pshort on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

pshort wrote:Howdy Folks,
I went to Amazon to look up this book. You could pre-order but, it said the release date is Feb 07 2014... yep, 2014.....
Anybody know the "rest of the story" ?

Paul
AMAZON IS WRONG !!! OBVIOUSLY.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

I will ask him. 1886.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

`886,
Geeze, I dunno about the availability. I'm just a peon fork lift oper. But....................................

I have an idea..........................YOU make the appointment to touch Terry's copy and when its your turn, I'll get his attention with my Colt SA 44 Russian, falsely promising him to let him shoot it and while he's busy with me, you just slip on out the back...with the book. :D ----------6

Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

Sixgun wrote:`886,
Geeze, I dunno about the availability. I'm just a peon fork lift oper. But....................................

I have an idea..........................YOU make the appointment to touch Terry's copy and when its your turn, I'll get his attention with my Colt SA 44 Russian, falsely promising him to let him shoot it and while he's busy with me, you just slip on out the back...with the book. :D ----------6
YOU GOTTA COLT SAA IN 44RUSSIAN.....REALLY......OH SWEET MARY MOTHER OF GOD.......THE REAL McCOY.....OH MY......MY HANDS ARE SHAKIN' AND MY KNEES ARE WEAK....I NEED A SERIOUS POP OF THE EZRA BROOKS JUG, OH FOR THE SWEET WATER OF THE CORN......
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Here you go. Your copy will be signed if you ask. 1886

Dear Gary,

I believe that the easiest way to handle this is to refer folks to my web site (http://www.levergun.com/main_index.htm), where I have the following order form (without the screwed-up formatting -- thanks to MS again!); or perhaps you can paste this on the forum. Metallic Cartridge Handloading is also available through the standard Safari-Press outlets.

Print this Form and Mail — along with your Check or Money Order — to:

M.L. McPherson

10725 Road 24.4 Loop

Cortez, CO 81321

Books by McPherson (all prices are Post Paid):

Metallic Cartridge Handloading, hardback edition (the bible on handloading) @ $80 each _____________

Metallic Cartridge Handloading, soft bound edition (the bible on handloading) @ $55 each _____________

Accurizing the Factory Rifle (the standard reference of gunsmithing) @ $55 each _____________

Total Order Amount Enclosed _____________________

Book(s) to be autographed to _____________________________________________________

SHIPPING INFORMATION

Name __________________

Address _____________________

City ________________________

State _________ Zip Code __________

Thanks.

I will get yours posted soon.

Mic
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

I'm gittin' one!
Terry Murbach wrote: OH FOR THE SWEET WATER OF THE CORN......
LOL! :lol:
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Terry, here's a couple of nice fresh pictures. One of 153 made. I'll make a deal with 'ya, for every time I can touch your book, I'll let you shoot one round out of this..........wait a minute, I'm a retart...I can touch my own book. :D --------Sixgun (barrel reads 44 RUSSIAN CTG.)

If your really good, I'll let 'ya touch off a few out of Harold Croft's 45 Colt Slip Gun

Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

Sixgun wrote:Hey Terry, here's a couple of nice fresh pictures. One of 153 made. I'll make a deal with 'ya, for every time I can touch your book, I'll let you shoot one round out of this..........wait a minute, I'm a retart...I can touch my own book. :D --------Sixgun (barrel reads 44 RUSSIAN CTG.)

If your really good, I'll let 'ya touch off a few out of Harold Croft's 45 Colt Slip Gun
OH MY.........BE STILL MY HEART......THE COLT SAA 44RUSSIAN WAS THE STAR OF " BUSTAMONTE I HATE YOU."

I SHOOT A TON OF 44RUSSIAN AMMO EVERY YEAR THROUGH MY 44SPL SIXGUNS AND I AM HERE TO TELL YOU IT SHOOTS LIKE A CHAMP. THERE IS NO SIXGUN CARTRIDGE AS SEXY AS THE 44RUSSIAN LOADED WITH THE KEITH 429421 250grSWC SLUG [ AT 900fps. ]