Vampires (and werewolves) anyone??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Vampires (and werewolves) anyone??

Post by alnitak »

For you Vampire hunters out there...

https://store.nwtmint.com/product_detai ... n_.45_ACP/

Also comes in 7.62 and .50 BMG!
Last edited by alnitak on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Re: Vampires anyone??

Post by nemhed »

Dude, seriously? That's for werewolves. :wink:
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

ditto on the werewolves.

If you like vampire movies, though, the best ever made is out on ppv - Byzantium - throws away all the cliches.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Why not? Must have been surplus Lone Ranger bullets....Seems he doesn't need them, what with the reviews he's getting :twisted: :twisted:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

nemhed wrote:Dude, seriously? That's for werewolves. :wink:
You are correct...traditionally, it is werewolves that silver was associated with. However...

"While it is true silver was not used in older vampire movies, it was used successfully as a vampire repellant in: Dracula (1979), From Dusk to Dawn (1996), Dracula (1997), Vampires (1998), Blade (1998), Vampire Hunter D (2001); Blade 2 (2002) and Blade Trinity (2007).

So, from a historical perspective, it's use against vampires is relatively new.

According to The Vampire Guide by Bob Bankard, "The purity of silver is considered toxic to vampires; at least, to some of them. Damage caused by silver weapons cause wounds that do not heal, and piercing their hearts with a silver weapon would kill a vampire instantly. Some of them, anyway"

But then, Bankard also says "In Poland, you bury suspected Vampires face downwards. That way, if they wake up, they get confused and just dig themselves deeper down"

Anyway, the idea behind silver being harmful to vampires is that it is purifying.

In the article "Vampires and Werewolves" at ZeroTimesParanormal.com it is stated, "When most people think of silver weapons killing monsters they think of silver bullets and werewolves, however, silver stakes, spears and daggers have also been known to slow down and kill vampires. Silver is considered to be a metal of purity and has been used for protection against evil in almost every world culture throughout history. Silver can be melted down to form amulets, jewelry, bullets, daggers and religious symbols such as crucifixes. Silver amulets and daggers can be put into the ground above the grave to prevent evil spirits from escaping. Silver nails drove into coffin lids are said to help prevent evil spirits from rising from the grave"

In deference to tradition, I edited my thread title. :wink:
Last edited by alnitak on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

It is not live ammunition...
and yes, silver works on vampires also.

Tho'... at 1 oz and approx. .48" diameter I s'pose a believer could fashion their own sabot and use 'em as slugs in a 12ga.!!! :P :P
Last edited by Griff on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Re: Vampires (and werewolves) anyone??

Post by alnitak »

Also found this in WikiAnswers:

"The notion of silver harming vampires comes from Marvel Comics. From there, it made it's way into popular culture in movies and television.

Silver does not affect vampires in the folklore. It doesn't even harm werewolves either for that matter. The use of silver as a weapon against monsters began with the Wolfman film of the early 1940's.

Sunlight does not traditionally harm vampires either. That began with Nosferatu (the 1922 silent film)."
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

If you guys want to use silver bullets on vampires, go right ahead. I'm more concerned with zombies because I see them everyday, vampires and werewolves, not so much. While we're on the subject, "Lost Boys" is one of my all time favorite vampire movies. This crowd is probably more into the "Twilight" series... :wink: :wink:
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

alnitak wrote:Also found this in WikiAnswers:

"The notion of silver harming vampires comes from Marvel Comics. From there, it made it's way into popular culture in movies and television.

Silver does not affect vampires in the folklore. It doesn't even harm werewolves either for that matter. The use of silver as a weapon against monsters began with the Wolfman film of the early 1940's.

Sunlight does not traditionally harm vampires either. That began with Nosferatu (the 1922 silent film)."

Well, the original novel Dracula, by Bram Stoker, from the late 1800's , specifically mentions use of silver bullets, and a variety of ways of dealing with vampires....... it really didnt originate with Marvel Comics. there were actual vampire killing kits from the late 1800s that included small revolvers with silver bullets.

silver bullets themselves are problematic in use, as they are very light for caliber, for one thing.
cable
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

And speaking of werewolf movies "An American Werewolf in London" is one of my favorites. Great special effects for it's day.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

nemhed wrote:...This crowd is probably more into the "Twilight" series... :wink: :wink:
"True Blood", but mostly for Sookie Stackhouse! :twisted: :P :lol: :lol: Although Jessica is very interesting also!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

When I was a kid I used to get Pennsylvania confused with Transylvania so I thought Pennsylvania is where Vampires came from. :roll: :lol: 8)
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Guys, the perfect weapon and ammo for werewolves, vampires and just about any other critter is simple. Ithica Mag 10 Roadblocker. Shot shells are loaded with silver cross' that have been dipped in holly water and a few oak slivers tossed in for good measure. A good chest shot should more than suffice.

P.S. Head shots will also take out zombies, not that I've thought about this much. :mrgreen:

Edited
Considering another thread entirely, I might just dip some of the cross' in pork fat. Now I'll have a round for every thing needing shot. Though you'd think the cross' alone would do, a bit of insurance never hurt.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Post by FatJackDurham »

If you made a bullet from a hard wood, say oak, and put a gas check on it, and then fired it from a black power gun, say a .38 special load, do you think:

1: Would it survive the trip from casing to Vampire
2: Would it be acurate enought to shoot from say 25 yards
3: Would it still count as a stake through the heart?
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

nemhed wrote:And speaking of werewolf movies "An American Werewolf in London" is one of my favorites. Great special effects for it's day.
that and the Lost Boys tie for best soundtrack.

I married a vampire from Hawaii.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

My favorite was Lost Boys. Was on this past weekend. It is a great sound track and think that is why I enjoyed it so much. This thread is very interesting. Gives me food for thought :lol:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

I agree, both Lost Boys and An American Werewolf in London had great sound tracks plus a style of humor that I greatly enjoy. Also, Lost Boys had Jami Gertz which didn't hurt a bit. While we're on the subject of 80's horror/monster flicks, anyone remember "Cat People". I remember enjoying it back in the day but not much else. Of the more modern stuff I've really enjoyed the Underworld series and the Resident Evil series. I keep telling my kids that stuff is more "real" than the "reality" TV that they like so much. :lol: On a final note, I'm a Walking Dead junkie too.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

nemhed wrote:I agree, both Lost Boys and An American Werewolf in London had great sound tracks plus a style of humor that I greatly enjoy. Also, Lost Boys had Jami Gertz which didn't hurt a bit. While we're on the subject of 80's horror/monster flicks, anyone remember "Cat People". I remember enjoying it back in the day but not much else. Of the more modern stuff I've really enjoyed the Underworld series and the Resident Evil series. I keep telling my kids that stuff is more "real" than the "reality" TV that they like so much. :lol: On a final note, I'm a Walking Dead junkie too.
those were both quite good. and in the somewhat humerous vein [ pun ?] Fright Night was good too.
cable
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

nemhed wrote:I agree, both Lost Boys and An American Werewolf in London had great sound tracks plus a style of humor that I greatly enjoy. Also, Lost Boys had Jami Gertz which didn't hurt a bit. While we're on the subject of 80's horror/monster flicks, anyone remember "Cat People". I remember enjoying it back in the day but not much else. Of the more modern stuff I've really enjoyed the Underworld series and the Resident Evil series. I keep telling my kids that stuff is more "real" than the "reality" TV that they like so much. :lol: On a final note, I'm a Walking Dead junkie too.
own Cat People dvd (Lost Boys and American Werewolf). Cat people starred a pair of my favorite actor/actresses, and the only good David Bowie song. Klaus Kinski must have married well.

I'm serious about Byzantium - it is the best vampire movie ever. It covers 200 years for all the characters, and paints the characters as angels of death and knights templar.
A vampire movie that should be on everyone's list is Near Dark.
KiwiKev
Levergunner 2.0

Post by KiwiKev »

If a vampire breaks into my house could I take them out with my sliver knife, fork and spoon? Also if I had a cannon Could I take out lots of them by shoving silver plated cutlery down the muzzle?

Cat people was a great film. Combine that theme with a western and you have the perfect film.

A small town called Silver Stream, a brother an sister arrive with a secret. The saloon gal found half eaten in her room. Trying load an 1858 Remington with a sexy chick turning into a black pather in your room. A dark night.............

Muzzleloading and fighting off a vampire can be very stressful!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And that is what Silver Bullets are for

In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

My dad used to call these "silver bullets". :lol:

Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:My dad used to call these "silver bullets". :lol:

yes, but they are only effective against rumpires and rump piles.

:o
cable
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

bdhold

Post by bdhold »

KiwiKev wrote:If a vampire breaks into my house could I take them out with my sliver knife, fork and spoon? Also if I had a cannon Could I take out lots of them by shoving silver plated cutlery down the muzzle?
just my luck, my Knives of Alaska Hobo knife is titanium.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

You guys are getting silly now! Another recent werewolf movie I've seen and enjoyed was "Ginger Snaps Back". It's a prequel, I didn't see the other two, but the setting is a remote fort in the Canadian wilderness in the early 1800's. So the poor saps are stuck with muzzle-loaders and bows and arrows. I can't say the ending was all that great but it was all entertaining nonetheless.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I liked the crossbows in the latest Fright Night
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Griff wrote: "True Blood", but mostly for Sookie Stackhouse! :twisted: :P :lol: :lol: Although Jessica is very interesting also!
I just looooove Jessica! That red hair is to die for.....pun intended.... :mrgreen:

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

2X22 wrote:
Griff wrote: "True Blood", but mostly for Sookie Stackhouse! :twisted: :P :lol: :lol: Although Jessica is very interesting also!
I just looooove Jessica! That red hair is to die for.....pun intended.... :mrgreen:

2x22
The only red headed Jessica I know was Mrs. Rabbit. And what is a Sookie Stackhouse?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Lasercast brand bullets claims to have some silver in the mix.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost