Cant wait for this weekend - Gun parts coming!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Cant wait for this weekend - Gun parts coming!

Post by FatJackDurham »

This should be a pretty awesome weekend as far as gunsmithing and such for me. I am expecting new sights, vintage rifle parts, and recrowning tools to come by Friday!

I also learned that all Rolling Block No.1 Sporters were cut for a fly even if they didn't have set triggers. That means the hammer I have in my Lemonton came from a sporter.

I also learned that the Rifle Shoppe actually DOES still make the castings for set trigger conversions. Ken Womack is going to send me a few pictures of the set trigger mechanism for the Rolling Block number one. If it doesnt look to bad, I may consider a conversion... if this one shoots well after I finish it.

I am pretty excited ......
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Cant wait for this weekend - Gun parts coming!

Post by Sixgun »

Jack,
Its things like that that keep us going.........always looking forward to the next exciting accomplishment. A couple of months ago I was on cloud 9 when the parts came in for my 1862 Colt. I went down to the gunroom, got out my files and screwdrivers and other fitting tools. Came back up 4 or 5 hours later feeling like a new man.

Some guys like going to T-bars, you and I like guns. :D ------------------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Cant wait for this weekend - Gun parts coming!

Post by olyinaz »

Keep us posted!
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright