Be careful out there fellas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Be careful out there fellas

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Just what we needed, another tick-borne virus ...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/07 ... ri-s-woods
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Be careful out there fellas

Post by Sixgun »

I've often believed that the world will have a third of its population wiped out in my lifetime and maybe this is it.

Did 'ya read what kind of a tick it comes from.........A LONE STAR tick. That means it must have come from those rebels down in Texas land. I bet Griff got bit while on one of his excursions below the border and infected the whole country. :D ----------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Weird that it is only in the young ones. We call them "seed" ticks here in Missouri. It is not uncommon in early bow season to get into a mess of seed ticks and have hundreds of the things crawling around on you. That really bites!!

I hate ticks, but they are a part of life around here. I also know many people who have been infected with the other tick borne viruses. Very nasty stuff. Almost killed my brother-in-law a few years back.
This new one just adds to the misery.
Kevin
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Sixgun wrote:I've often believed that the world will have a third of its population wiped out in my lifetime...
Agreed. Unfortunately I think we're more likely to do to ourselves than nature. :?
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Sixgun wrote:I've often believed that the world will have a third of its population wiped out in my lifetime and maybe this is it.

Did 'ya read what kind of a tick it comes from.........A LONE STAR tick. That means it must have come from those rebels down in Texas land. I bet Griff got bit while on one of his excursions below the border and infected the whole country. :D ----------6

if you read down the article, it says the tick is named from the white star on its back, not Texas. Only half of Texas is in the range of the tick.

Of course, you KNEW that and were just messing with Texas.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

olyinaz wrote:
Sixgun wrote:I've often believed that the world will have a third of its population wiped out in my lifetime...
Agreed. Unfortunately I think we're more likely to do to ourselves than nature. :?
My sentiments exactly :|