A few knives

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

A few knives

Post by olyinaz »

I wanted to show a few that I've picked up for my boys over the past two years or so. They both told me that they like stag, leather and Damascus etc, and I've been happy to keep my eyes peeled for nice looking and inexpensive knives for their collections.

They're all Paki specials from brands like Timber Rattler and Fox and Hound etc., except the vintage custom John Carson at the top right. THAT is a fine knife! Got it for my son last Christmas at a great price. But two big Bowies at top and bottom have 13" blades just to give you some perspective. The big Paki at the left is practically a short sword - kind of ridiculous but it was for fun and my boy likes it. The Damascus Fox and Hound at center-left has a lovely piece of stag on it and is probably my favorite, the little stacked leather hunting/utility knife in middle is really stout and holds a hungry edge like mad, and the big Bowie at the top has a beautiful bone handle that is really nice to hold. Be useful in camp, but it's pretty heavy!

At any rate, given you're a bunch of knife nuts as well as gun cranks I figured I'd post 'em on this stormy afternoon.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A few knives

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

COOL !! :D I love knifes although most of the large ones are not practical unless you have an Alamo you wish to defend. Fun to collect though. :wink:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A good assortment of styles there, I like the look of the Fox & Hounds damascus too... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sweet! 8)

Really, one of these days I am going to have to learn to take a decent picture! Mine never turn out this good! :mrgreen:
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

The big Pakistani knife on the left is what's known as a Pesh Kabz or a Chura or Chora. India, Afghanistan/Pakistan (since they all used to be the same area) have these.

They fill the same role as the Bowie did in the US, as a premier fighting knife intended to seriously rearrange someone else's internals in a hurry. Still in use, though these days the AK is more common, if they get close enough, they still work.

Blades on those can range anywhere from 10" to 20".
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

Lucky Boy's :)
Keep The Peace, Love and Harmony, These are the Gold Nuggets, All Else Is Sand !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

A few decent stickers... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
1894c

Post by 1894c »

boy I like knives...nice collection...my problem with knives is that I always feel that I need one more... :)
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

30wcf wrote:boy I like knives...nice collection...my problem with knives is that I always feel that I need one more... :)

x2 :D
----- Doug
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

[quote="MrMurphy"] Still in use, though these days the AK is more common, if they get close enough, they still quote]

some are even trying to supplant the AK with the RPG --- an amplified version of the old shotgun myth - "you don't even have to aim!"
----- Doug