A small Wyoming gunshow

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

A small Wyoming gunshow

Post by jnyork »

Went to the Worland WY gunshow yesterday, this is a nice little show held in one of the schools there twice a year, no chinese aluminum ninja swords, no little old lady wanting to clean my glasses, no teddy bears or brick-a-brack. Some interesting old lever guns, lots of handguns, etc. Quite a few black guns starting at 700 bucks, no takers that I saw. One jerk trying to sell 525 packs of .22 Remington Thunderturds for $65.00 each, nobody standing in line for those. Bought a brick of Federal small pistol magnum primers for 34 bucks, 44 bucks at LGS. Had a good time just walking around listening to all the silly BS conversations you can overhear in a place like that. 4H kids running the concession stand, excellent cup of hot coffee and slice of blueberry pie for 2 dollars, made me feel like a winner!! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: A small Wyoming gunshow

Post by Sixgun »

Yep, small gunshots don't offer a lot of anticipated glory, but some very nice things have fallen into my hands at shows like that. There's always a guy who just got this or that and did not know what he had.........and along comes me.......and to home I go!------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

After spending about 24-32 hours a week in a gunshop each week , me desire to go to gunshows or live auctions has diminished drastically !

I do however like going to Baltimore every other year or so provided I have some CASH in my pocket !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I like any kind of Gun show as long as it has some Guns. Too much bricka brac and I feel My 6 bucks was wasted. jnyork, it sounds like the last one I went to. Not much moving, how is this going to play out Guys ? We are by no means a dying breed but a slowly killed off breed.
Thx for the report, seems to be nationwide.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

6pt-sika wrote:After spending about 24-32 hours a week in a gunshop each week , me desire to go to gunshows or live auctions has diminished drastically !

I do however like going to Baltimore every other year or so provided I have some CASH in my pocket !

Hey 6 point,
My one bud who owns Miller's Sporting Goods was telling me about his trip out West and how nice Cody, Wy. was. I asked him, "Did you go to the Cody museum and see all of the Winchesters?"
He said, "you crazy? I'm in a gunshot 6 days a week, the hell with those Winchesters", so, I see what you mean. :D

On another note, if you are going to hit the Baltimore show this coming March, let me know and I'll hook up with 'ya. It's been several years for me and I have some h dollar stuff I'm looking to move and that's the place to do it.------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

pwl44m wrote:
I like any kind of Gun show as long as it has some Guns.
Too much bricka brac and I feel My 6 bucks was wasted.
$ 6 ! ! :o - It's been over 15 years, since the entry fee to a New England funshow went that cheap !

Most I attend are now $10/head, with parking $5 extra @ the W.Springfield, MA, Big E (exposition center) shows. . :cry:

TheWoodCrafter
Levergunner

Post by TheWoodCrafter »

We have what seems to be monthly shows here in SoCal between 2 nice large venues.
And we must be getting screwed. Cost is $15 plus $10 parking.
But at this point with all the crazy laws in this state I feel lucky I can find a gun show to go to.

Back in January you could not get near the shows doors.
Now it looks like business is brisk for them.
The ammo dealers still have long lines in the morning.

I usually come an hour after the show opens, walk the whole thing then get my ammo about 1PM.
Then I head right for my truck. Works out great.

They are moving towards banning gun shows from being held in government facilities in this state.
Time will tell how long before we don't have any shows to go to here.
Last edited by TheWoodCrafter on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:After spending about 24-32 hours a week in a gunshop each week , me desire to go to gunshows or live auctions has diminished drastically !

Hey 6 point,
My one bud who owns Miller's Sporting Goods was telling me about his trip out West and how nice Cody, Wy. was. I asked him, "Did you go to the Cody museum and see all of the Winchesters?"
He said, "you crazy? I'm in a gunshot 6 days a week, the hell with those Winchesters", so, I see what you mean. :D

On another note, if you are going to hit the Baltimore show this coming March, let me know and I'll hook up with 'ya. It's been several years for me and I have some h dollar stuff I'm looking to move and that's the place to do it.------Sixgun

When one takes their hobby and turns it into their job , the hobby part kinda goes out the window !

Now don't get me wrong there's still plenty shooting , hunting reloading , casting stuff I like doing . But generally it has to do with getting away from everyone else !

I sorta work monday tuesday thursday and friday 9-4 and 90% of the time I have someone usually a friend sitting beside my desk wanting me to entertain them !

So if they're there asking questions or just wanting to BS I cannot get anything done . Kind hard stepping around people to take pictures and I cannot type gunbroker auctions while I'm listening to someone or surely I will type something wrong or leave something out . So when the folks I know and are friends with show up I cease my work until they leave .

Incidently about two months ago we had a young fellow who just finsihed gunsmith school somewhere in Pittsburgh come and work with us . My bud that owns the place and I watch him and it truely amazes us how much in awe he is of some of the stuff people bring in for repair . Then we have to step back and take a look he's just 20 , my friends 32 and I'm 52 . Might be a bit jaded :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
veeman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by veeman »

The cost to get into the semi anual gun show here in northcentral Illinois is still $5, has been for as long as I can remember. Last couple years the show has been getting better, still way to many knives n such, but all around still a nice show.
tom deinek
Levergunner

Post by tom deinek »

"nice little show held in one of the schools"

Really? Have y'all no morals?

:>)
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Our local monthly gun show (30+ tables) is $3.00 and free parking.
Very little to no flea market junk. The club outlawed it. :D :D :D
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

tom deinek wrote:

REALLY ? ? - Hopefully, you're not serious - there's NOTHING immoral about holding a gun show in a school !

With that sort of mindset, IMO it's no wonder the anti's get encouraged. (divide & conquer)

jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Pete44ru wrote:
tom deinek wrote:

REALLY ? ? - Hopefully, you're not serious - there's NOTHING immoral about holding a gun show in a school !

With that sort of mindset, IMO it's no wonder the anti's get encouraged. (divide & conquer)

Pretty sure he was joking, Pete. :)
tom deinek
Levergunner

Post by tom deinek »

I did put a smiley face on it to show I was not serious.

Sorry.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I knew U were just joking ! Only Gun I ever won was at a School function, and quite recently I might add.
Perry
TheWoodCrafter
Levergunner

Post by TheWoodCrafter »

I am surprised a school district in this state would even let them bring guns on campus.
Because everyone knows how dangerous guns are.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Oh the Gun wasn't there , just a big poster to show what was up for grabs.
Perry
BTW that is a Farming community at the base of the Sutter Buttes (smallest mountain range in the world.
Perry