My 40-82 is a shooter

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Dales1886
Levergunner

My 40-82 is a shooter

Post by Dales1886 »

It has been quite awhile since I have gotten here. Due to some family issues the cleaning of my 40-82 was put on the back burner. Anyway I finally found time to clean it up and make it a shooter again and my gosh what a pleasure it is to shoot. I have been through every part cleaned rust removed just to make the old girl shootable. Now that I have gotten this far I would like to see if anybody here has a set of reloading dies for sale for the 40-82. And a bullet mold. If so please contact me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: My 40-82 is a shooter

Post by Sixgun »

Yea, nothing about equals the satisfaction and joy of letting rounds loose with an '86, especially one that really shoots.

Not many people reload for the 40-82 and the ones who do are holding on to them. (Like me :D )

I had Joel from NEI make me up two 4 cavity moulds for the 40-82 and the 40-65 that I use in 86's and a Hi-Wall. Can't remember the numbers but one is a flat nose has check that weighs 270 gr. with my alloy and the other is a 300 gr semi-spitzer designed for the 405 but I use it in the Hi-Wall.

Send him the bucks and you will have it in 2 to 3 weeks. www.neihandtools.com

Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

Watch fleabay.
Every once in a while 40-82 dies come up for sale for reasonable prices.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Dales1886 -- that's a very nice Winchester, glad it shoots...there is something to be said for the quality of the older guns...many on this forum take allot of pride in hunting with their older leverguns, i always enjoy their results, makes shooting the belted-magnum-turn-bolts boring... :)