Well, it's a Reloading Company, and there IS a Levergun...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Well, it's a Reloading Company, and there IS a Levergun...

Post by AJMD429 »

Dillon Leverguns Cover.jpg
Dillon's November 2013 Catalog Cover... :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Well, it's a Reloading Company, and there IS a Levergun.

Post by 3leggedturtle »

They got a few hotties with short dresses and legs that go all the way up. Tho I am probably over twice their age.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
1894c

Post by 1894c »

always wonder where they get photos of my mother... :)
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

30wcf wrote:always wonder where they get photos of my mother... :)
You mean you and me have the same mom??????????

Woah! No wonder we both like the 38-40!-----6

Ya know something'? Somewhere, some guy is tired of her bs.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

tom deinek
Levergunner

Post by tom deinek »

Almost everyone agrees Dillon produces a very good line of reloading gear. Why then do they have to persuade me to buy those products with that kind of advertising?

I find their cheesecake pictures insulting. Their magazine goes from the maibox into the trashcan each month without breaking the seals.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

tom deinek wrote:Why then do they have to persuade me to buy those products with that kind of advertising?

I find their cheesecake pictures insulting. Their magazine goes from the maibox into the trashcan each month without breaking the seals.
I hear this kind of comment all day long when I am at SHOT Show each year. I hear more people who don't like that kid of advertising than do, and the ones who don't like it tend to be more the kind of customers that you really want to be courting.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

tom deinek wrote:Almost everyone agrees Dillon produces a very good line of reloading gear. Why then do they have to persuade me to buy those products with that kind of advertising?
To some extent I think they just do it 'because they can' - they obviously like pretty girls, and guns...!

If I published a 'medical catalog' for my business, I might feature pictures of leverguns and 1960's muscle-cars, because I like those things. Probably fewer people would be offended, but it would be for no particularly different reason. Not to attract customers particularly, anyway. Maybe their covers do cause some to pick them up and look at them who otherwise might not, but the same in reverse too, so probably no net difference.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yea, like Doc says, "because he can"

When you got the bucks like Mike Dillon has, you can tell the whole world where to put it. It's his gig and if you don't like it, we'll, good bye. He is still gonna have millions of people buying his stuff.

I found that most people are only nice because they want to see what they can get out of you......same goes for most business's. car salesman? :D

In reality, we are all the same and the guys who have "made it" run their show the way they want to.

My bud, who owns Targetmaster has strict rules in his gun shop/range. NO cellphones, dress code that does not allow turbans on the head, excessive jewelry , t shirts with nasty messages, hats turned around backwards, pants that hang down that show the underwear, loud and profane language with a headline on his "rules of conduct"-----TARGETMASTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE ANYONE LEAVE FOR ANY REASON.

Decent people coming in with their wives or girlfriends get turned off by low life's around them.

He bounces people several times a week...so, what I'm saying is that once you have made it, the rules are yours to make and for everyone you pee off, there's 20 more to take their place.

For real, one guy came in there and asked which way was East. He had a little rug....you get the picture. He was directed to a place where traffic was VERY heavy. :D

Good for Mike Dillon. This is America, where capitalism reigns.-----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

3leggedturtle wrote:They got a few hotties with short dresses and legs that go all the way up. Tho I am probably over twice their age.
The last young lady to address my age actually said, "you remind me of my grandpa, he's dead"! While in my head I hear I'm old enough to be her Dad. Guess that tape needs upgrading.

It is a real pleasure to see levers on mainstream advertisement. Maybe there is some hope for the best hunting rifle ever made.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

tom deinek wrote:Almost everyone agrees Dillon produces a very good line of reloading gear. Why then do they have to persuade me to buy those products with that kind of advertising?

I like the ladies myself --- i'm a middle aged happily married man as well, not a lecherous horndog -- but I can open up a Sears catalog and see far more skin than the typical BluePress

I tend not to gawk , but I hope I never get so old that I can't appreciate beauty
----- Doug
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

3leggedturtle wrote:They got a few hotties with short dresses and legs that go all the way up. Tho I am probably over twice their age.
We can still look, we ain't dead. :wink:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad