You people need to Get Real!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

You people need to Get Real!

Post by madman4570 »

:lol:

In this economy, we levergunner's need to do all we can do(to save a buck)to have money to buy guns.
I call it getting real.

Today is just another example of (getting real)

I found using my dogs Wahl Dog grooming trimmers and taking a pair of Wiss multipurpose snips I cut the ends down on a couple(extra's)of the teeth lengths on the clipper attachments.

#2 attachment---cut to 1/2" after first angle and a #4 attachment cut to 1" after first angle

#2 for sides/back
#4 for top

For that nice straight clean back bottom(neck)edge line and hairs on back of neck.
A long piece ( couple feet,I got a big head)of 2" wide Shurtape(painters tape)carefully stuck at proper height and long enough to come around to stick it to ears for a good hold. :D

Wife came home 10 mins. ago and said(You got your hair cut)you went to someone else(that looks good) :D :wink:

An hour prior getting my dogs food and some treats at Tractor Supply the good looking gal I know who works there said-----Boy your looking good today(must be your hair) Least I can do for dogs getting extra treats(using their clippers)

Just be sure when doing back and using that tape(use a mirror)I used wife's makeup mirror.

As I look into the mirror at this fine job---I have to say(now there is one sharp clean cut all American kid right there)

Don't be too proud to share----save a buck! :oops: :mrgreen: Yours/mine/dogs ??? It's all good!
Noticed though when doing it---the mini schnauzer did give me a look like----hey that's mine! :shock:
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Re: You people need to Get Real!

Post by Streetstar »

painters tape on your head ---------hmmm. Never thought of this, but i'm sure my wife would occasionally support a liberal application of duct tape on my mouth
----- Doug
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

My wife has been cutting my hair since before we tied the knot. In the last 35 years I've only been to a barber 2, maybe 3 times.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Ummm, what's a barber?

Wife's been cutting my hair for the last 15 years. No sense in wasting hard to get money.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Streetstar wrote:painters tape on your head ---------hmmm. Never thought of this, but i'm sure my wife would occasionally support a liberal application of duct tape on my mouth
Streetstar - That's ALMIGHT FUNNY!! Great response - haven't laughed OUT LOUD as much since... I can't even remember when! Even startled the dog. He woke up and nearly jumped right out of his bed! :lol: :lol: The mental image of painters tape wrapped around someone's head! :shock: Oh Lordy!
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

since i have "thinned " a bit on top, I let my wife buzz me now. My grandfather used to cut hair on his boys and sometimes the neighbors, and charged a nickel. As a little family humor, I pay my wife a nickel and she just throws it in the clipper box. She does a pretty good job, sometimes. :wink:
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I shave my whole head every couple days. ....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

My barber only charges $2.25. He hasn't changed his prices in 30 years.
Nor has his ex-wife's alimony check changed. :D
That's probably why he's the only barber in town.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Madman,
Absolutely! A man has got to know his priorities! :D

We use the horse clippers (Bigger than dog clippers) for the horses, dogs, and me. I have always had that "wild" look with my hair and sometimes I go about a year before my wife sets me down and tells me "your getting a hair cut, the neighbors are starting to think there is a weirdo living here".

I tell her "Ok, but just cut the dead ends off". For real, I don't like most people and that wild look keeps strangers from coming near me and asking stupid liberal questions. Keeps the yuppie neighbors even father away.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The electric shears we shave goat udders with before 4H-shows are great at trimming beards, too...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Haven't had a haircut in 4 years. Down to the middle of my back when wet... curls fiercely when it dries up and only reaches the middle of my shoulder blades... the wife accuses me of getting it curled! :twisted: I shaved the mustache off about 2 years ago... tried trimming it and it got all out of whack! Back to it's regular length...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mack »

I use the Wahl's, same ones I use on the horses. Haven't spent money on a barber since '94. I don't begrudge him, just don't have the hair for it anymore. Anyways the old boy I used had a stroke, told me one day that he couldn't shave me, his hand wasn't good. He retired, (well earned), and I grew a beard,and went to the horse clippers. No one in the barn has complained, when the wife gets cranky over it I will trim up and shave,(maybe). Wife does say that the girls,(my quarter horses), are better groomed than I am, and I do agree with her.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Griff wrote:... tried trimming it and it got all out of whack!

This is what I expect the next post from madman4570 to say... :lol:

If you like the 'home-made' look, more power to ya.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

My wife has been cutting my hair for along time. We had to get some new clippers a while back.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I do my own, and use a second mirror to check the back and shave my neck. Have had maybe two professional haircuts in the last 30 years. With the Wahl, I cut the top at 1/2", back and sides at 3/8", and sideburns get the wedge treatment.

Year before last I let mine grow for the heck of it, and tied it into a pony tail. I could not get it any longer because the rubber band cut the hairs at the point of the pony tail. So I went back to the clippers.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

My wife is also my barber since about 12 years ago.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

GoatGuy wrote:
Streetstar wrote:painters tape on your head ---------hmmm. Never thought of this, but i'm sure my wife would occasionally support a liberal application of duct tape on my mouth
Streetstar - That's ALMIGHT FUNNY!! Great response - haven't laughed OUT LOUD as much since... I can't even remember when! Even startled the dog. He woke up and nearly jumped right out of his bed! :lol: :lol: The mental image of painters tape wrapped around someone's head! :shock: Oh Lordy!

Yep --- i'll likely stick with my barber myself --- but I can appreciate a guy saving a few bucks -- the $20 I spend every 2 weeks buys a few components or ammo for sure
----- Doug
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Well the results have been analyzed and the conclusion is----

You's people be real people. You all make me proud.
Yes that homemade look is a look a dude can appreciate.

God Bless you all

You guys got me all spurred up so,------ so far since last night I am using only the woods as my bathroom(why waste water??)
Washed up in the creek this am(with dog)! :D

As I did my little squat in the ferns (getting tickled)few minutes ago ------was thinking, I wonder how many??(na better not ask) :mrgreen:

Wife says------you need to interact with more people cause you are going wild???? :wink:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

DUDE.... :lol: Splurge on the water......Please. ....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV