How things are in Wyoming

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

How things are in Wyoming

Post by jnyork »

My friend from Yuma is spending a month here in Lander WY in his motorhome, visiting me and see the sights. We went to the range this afternoon, contributed considerably to the lead pollution of the ground out there, then decided to go for coffee.
Decided to try a sort of hippie coffee joint, somewhat like a Starbucks, with the 50 different kinds of coffee concoctions etc. Place was just about empty. Couple of young girls about 19 or so tending the place, with the prerequisite little tattoos, face metal etc. "OOOHH," one of them cooed as we walked in, "we love your NRA hat, sir , its totally awsome". Not a hint of being facitious or condescending in the comment, just a couple of nice girls, we chatted them up a little, finished our coffee and bid them adieu. Friend was duly impressed, commented as we walked out "Only in Wyoming". Indeed. That's why I live here . :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: How things are in Wyoming

Post by Sixgun »

They do the same thing here. The girls see a couple of semi-old guys walk in, and knowing they are the only ones with the bucks, so the girls smile, make small talk and reap in the big tips! :D -----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Probably locals then & not NOLSies...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Sixgun wrote:They do the same thing here. The girls see a couple of semi-old guys walk in, and knowing they are the only ones with the bucks, so the girls smile, make small talk and reap in the big tips! :D -----6

Gotta love the young women ----- they know how to work the room! Fine with me too -- someone who is nice gets more of a tip than a grouchy ol thing :lol:
----- Doug
keyston44
Levergunner

Post by keyston44 »

A few years ago we went up to Montana and came back through Wyoming. While in Billings we stopped at a couple motels and asked if they offered an NRA discount, none of them did.
Coming back through Cody Wyoming, we stopped at a motel and asked if they offered an NRA discount. The elderly gentleman behind the counter said " Son, This is Cody Wyoming, of course we offer an NRA discount. There isn't a house or vehicle that doesn't have at least one gun in it here."
Needless to say that is where we stayed that night. I just wish we had more time to visit Cody.

Key
"Hatred is the cowards answer for being intimidated"
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote:They do the same thing here. The girls see a couple of semi-old guys walk in, and knowing they are the only ones with the bucks, so the girls smile, make small talk and reap in the big tips! :D -----6
Actually, I think that was invented in Georgia... Perfected in Texas, AND then exported... probably to WY first and lastly to Pennsylvania.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

In any job where you serve the public and your demeanor is what determines whether or not they continue to frequent you establishment, you learn to communicate in a way that keeps the customers coming back. Those 2 young ladies were smart.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If it counts for anything, the most frequent 'gift' I get from patients here in Indiana, is boxes of ammo.

An occasional bottle of wine, lots of hand-written cards (really the best gift), but LOTS of boxes of ammo... :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Personally, I think just about any smaller town the folks, young ladies included, are much more friendly and "real" (I have a friend at church , female, that has offered to show me how to field dress and butcher a deer). I can/do have a lot to compare "attitudes" with having spent 60 years in Los Angeles...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

mikld wrote:... (I have a friend at church , female, that has offered to show me how to field dress and butcher a deer). .
Rock ON! Take her up on that pronto.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Fiddler
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Fiddler »

Back in June of 1992, I spent a night in Sundance, Wyoming on my way from Seattle to Florida.
Can't remember much about the motel I stayed in, but I certainly remember the restaurant I visited.
Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of this establishment, but it was incredible!
Family-owned, family-operated.
Squeaky-clean.
Huge servings of amazing food at ridiculously low prices.
Mom ran the register, Dad ran the kitchen, teenage sons and daughters waited and bused tables. Great food, great service, great prices.
After all these years I've never forgotten that place. I wish that entire family all the best of luck, whether or not they all stayed in the restaurant business.
The only thing I can compare this to was back in 1978, when I had a similar experience at a place called Don's Hungry Farmer Restaurant in Alice, Texas (or was it McAllen?). It's been so long, I can't quite remember which town. :oops:
These kind of places are so rare nowdays that they stick in your memory forever.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Fiddler wrote:Back in June of 1992, I spent a night in Sundance, Wyoming on my way from Seattle to Florida.
Can't remember much about the motel I stayed in, but I certainly remember the restaurant I visited.
Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of this establishment, but it was incredible!
Family-owned, family-operated.
Squeaky-clean.
Huge servings of amazing food at ridiculously low prices.
Mom ran the register, Dad ran the kitchen, teenage sons and daughters waited and bused tables. Great food, great service, great prices.
After all these years I've never forgotten that place. I wish that entire family all the best of luck, whether or not they all stayed in the restaurant business.
The only thing I can compare this to was back in 1978, when I had a similar experience at a place called Don's Hungry Farmer Restaurant in Alice, Texas (or was it McAllen?). It's been so long, I can't quite remember which town. :oops:
These kind of places are so rare nowdays that they stick in your memory forever.
Describe the ambiance/decorations. Sundance isn't that big of a town... ;)
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Hmm, I've been in other types of establishments where the young ladies used the same techniques. But I think they made a "bit" more in tips. Of course, that was long ago so things might be different today (yea, sure). :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
HillbillyGadget
Levergunner 1.0

Post by HillbillyGadget »

I don't know what would have been in Sundance in'92. but now we have the Aro, Higbees and a new restaraunt called "The Longhorn".
All family owned. Only the Longhorn is open every night after dark.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

HillbillyGadget wrote:I don't know what would have been in Sundance in'92. but now we have the Aro, Higbees and a new restaraunt called "The Longhorn".
All family owned. Only the Longhorn is open every night after dark.
I stop in at the Aro quite alot.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."