Good pawn shop find.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Good pawn shop find.

Post by Blackhawk »

Just went in to see what they had. I very rarely do because I don't usually don't find good deals. A guy was haggling over a 336 with a straight grip (336T), the barrel says 336. He wanted to give $200 for it. The tag said $450. Owner said she would take $350 cash, guy said no. Owner put it back on the shelf. Guy asked to see a Winchester 30/30. I asked him if he was done with the Marlin, he said yes so I asked the owner to let me see it. It was in decent shape so I asked if the $350 was still on the table. Owner said yes, I said I'll take it. The guy just dropped his head and said dang it, I should've bought it huh as he handed back the Winchester. I've been looking for one for quite some time. Three more Marlins to go and I will have all the family covered.

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Good pawn shop find.

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I think we would all like to get a gun like that for $200. Its always nice to see a serious haggler lose a good deal. :lol: :lol:

You done good!
Last edited by horsesoldier03 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

horsesoldier03,

:D :o :shock: I think that you mean a serious HAGGLER! :D :) :lol:

Sincerely,
Shawn Hagler
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
1894c

Post by 1894c »

i always like it when the good guy wins...a "good guy" is defined by those who frequent these digital pages...nice gun would like to see one like that too... :)
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Hagler wrote:horsesoldier03,

:D :o :shock: I think that you mean a serious HAGGLER! :D :) :lol:

Sincerely,
Shawn Hagler
LOL YOU ARE CORRECT! My appologies!!!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

Rust was starting to form at the end and inside the barrle. I scrubbed it out as best I could. I also found that the barrle band screw is stripped and the forearm wood is cracked the full length of the stock. But it's all good. I can get new stocks and screws for it. Hope it shoots well. Will try to get a range report with pictures tomorrow.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Well played. 8)
NRA Life Member
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Should have looked him in the eye and said, "You snooze, you lose". :D -----------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

congrats!
North Country Gal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by North Country Gal »

Have a dozen Marlins, now, including three 30-30s, but the Texans are rare in our area, so definitely on my to buy list. Oh, yeah, I would have grabbed it, too, at that price.