Burgess slide action shotgun problem.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jjames
Levergunner 2.0

Burgess slide action shotgun problem.

Post by jjames »

Hello gentlemen,

I recently became the victim of an auction misrepresentation. Apparently in some folks' mind everything functions properly does not include the repeating function of a repeater. The problem I am having is the both the spent casing and the new shell are being ejected when I cycle the action. Any clues to the possible cause or directions to an authority on the issue would be most appreciated. Burgess information in general would be helpful. If someone has a functioning Burgess a picture of that area would be great.

Thanks for looking at my posting,

John
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Burgess slide action shotgun problem.

Post by Pete44ru »

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=562500

http://www.shootingbums.org/hvr/burgess.html

There were 2 models - a folding Police gun, and a non-folding Sporting gun.

AFAIK, the Burgess shotguns are not pumpguns, they are slide-action (closing) semi-auto shotguns.
They auto-eject spent hulls and load the next round by manually closing the action.
The inertia release is part of the trigger group, recoil unlocks the bolt and lets it slide back.
If the inertia release is removed you can us it manually.

It sounds like the latch that holds the shells in the magazine is releasing prematurely in your gun.

If yours has a damascus barrel, I wouldn't advise firing it at all.