I Was Forced!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

I Was Forced!

Post by Griff »

It seemed as tho' there was this terrible force that drew me in... I was powerless to resist! Once again, I had a load of shelving for a new store... and was to deliver in the morning across the street from

I took that pic after I returned, burdened with new toys and unburdend of some cash!

I actually only wanted to update my old trimmer... but the new case locking mechanism won't fit in the 35 year old trimmer I have... after some confusion over the difference between the display model and the current one stocked... I left with a new trimmer. Unfornately, the new 3-way cutting head and pilots were out of stock for all 4 diameters I'd like them for. And, so too were the military cutters for the case prep center my so just had delivered Monday! So... until they're caught up on back orders, it's still hand deburring and case mouth chamfering on rifle cases. Luckily, the son had finished this task up on the 700+ .223 we'd accumulated!

Saw that handly shell holder rack... and knew that it had a place on my reloading bench. No more looking thru the drawer wondering that little box with the #4 holder is hiding... If one is lost... then all them will be now!

And, dern it... what we're they thinking leaving a dial caliper sitting right out in the open? Did they know that the crystal in my old one popped out? And, what's with making the dial so BIG? I'm mean really, I can tell the difference between 1.2640 and 1.2641 on it!

And we're talking about a custom seater/crimp die for the Cowboy45Special. One that they may make available to the cowboy shootin' world so guys like me that don't like grinding the bottom of their regular 45Colt or ACP dies, don't have to! Have to discuss the specs with an engineer tomorrow.

Lastly, let's not forget the spiffy green ball caps... obviously not free, because they don't discount their store front sales... gosh... no military vet or retired LEO discount? At least they weren't itemized on the receipt! Why one would be led to believe they KNOW they make the best stuff in the world of reloading!

I really wanted a tour of the plant... but it was too close to closin' time! Drat the lousy timing!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Re: I Was Forced!

Post by RKrodle »

Nice haul!!!! Did some work a few years ago down the street from Dillion, you know where my lunch's were spent. :)
Ricky

DWWC
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Griff,
What's in that store? is that where they make it all or it some kind of an outlet place?

Ya think you can turn around and go back there to pick me up some decapping pins, just a 5 Pac? :D ----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote:Griff,
What's in that store? is that where they make it all or it some kind of an outlet place?
Ya think you can turn around and go back there to pick me up some decapping pins, just a 5 Pac? :D ----6
Actually, it ain't a store a'tall... Huntington's Sportsman Store is right next door, but they didn't have what I wanted in stock... RCBS did.

They have a small display case of some of their products, but yes, they make some of their stuff on premises, and some is made by contractors, some imported. I was hopin' for a tour, but it was too close before quittin' time... In fact, by the time I was done, some folks were already evacuating the premises... and no, it weren't the eggs I had for breakfast!

Shoot me an email with a reminder, I'll send you five from the 50 pack I just recv'd, when I get home next Wednesday... need small headed pins or regular size for your standard decaping dies?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I feel your pain Griff. The two most dangerous stores I know are Cabelas and REI. The "Gun Library" in a Cabelas is PARTICULARLY dangerous!!!! LOL -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

CowboyTutt wrote:I feel your pain Griff. The two most dangerous stores I know are Cabelas and REI. The "Gun Library" in a Cabelas is PARTICULARLY dangerous!!!! LOL -Tutt
I was describing the problem I have with my old (1973) balance beam scale... they said... send it in when you get home, include a note... we'll upgrade yours to the new version... FREE! That's a retail price of $193.95! Are you kiddin'? You bet I will ship that puppy off! If I didn't have to be up in OR tomorrow and down in AZ on Monday, I'd probably spend all day tomorrow there!

And Ricky, yep, I KNOW the same would be true of Dillon!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Huntingtons is one of My Candy Stores. U were within 35 Miles of Me.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

pwl44m wrote:Huntingtons is one of My Candy Stores. U were within 35 Miles of Me.
Perry
I'm still here. Unload at 7am, then headed north up to Grants Pass, OR... returning via Susanville down thru Reno and Las Vegas.... Are you north or south of Oroville... I'm planning on using CA70 north to CA99 and I5.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I am south of Oroville. U got Ur route planned right. How long will it take to unload ?
Perry
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Probably about an hour... unless they're unusually fast.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Griff,
I was only joshing you on the decapping pins. Imagine that, diesel at $4 a gallon with a rig that gets 5 mpg, all to turn around and get .50 worth of pins that I usually make from needle bearings for free. :D

On a serious note, I would be emptying out my cash reserves in a store like that for things I'll probably never use. Real disease, this gun game is.

Others noted Cabelas. We have one about 50 miles from me. I was there 2 times and never went back. Everything in that store, Hamburg, Pa. was marked at ull retail+. Their "library" guns are interesting to look at but pricing is better on the inflated internet.----------6

pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Well Caint make it. Enjoy Ur stay in the city of Gold. Next time Ur in the area give a shout.
Perry
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Girlfried used to work in the same industial park as Dillon.
I dropped some serious coin there, but was also treated very well.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

When I start reloading again (I've been lazy) I want an electronic powder scale/power measure......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Yeah,
Me too.
Got some mad money coming in Jan.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

My son just got a PACT Digital Powder Scale, it was the only one I found that's made in the USA...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Made In America does not give me the Warm Fuzzy it used to.... :cry:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Griff, I wish you good luck with the Pact scale. I had one that went gunny bag so I sent it back to Pact. They repaired it and returned it . It went bad in less than a month later. It now resides in the landfill with a .45 caliber hole through its innerds.
I also own a Pact chronograph that has been a great unit and it is over 20 years old and still working fine.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:Griff, I wish you good luck with the Pact scale. I had one that went gunny bag so I sent it back to Pact. They repaired it and returned it . It went bad in less than a month later. It now resides in the landfill with a .45 caliber hole through its innerds.
I also own a Pact chronograph that has been a great unit and it is over 20 years old and still working fine.

Ha! You and I would get along just fine as I usually shoot everything that goes bad on me too. The next guy who buys this house is gonna find more lead and electronics parts in the backyard than there is in China. :D

When Lyman first came out with a digital scale...'98??...I bought one. It gets used several times a week and she still hums like the day it was made. I got an early RCBS one too and that also has been running for 10 or more years with no issues.-----6

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:Griff, I wish you good luck with the Pact scale. I had one that went gunny bag so I sent it back to Pact. They repaired it and returned it . It went bad in less than a month later. It now resides in the landfill with a .45 caliber hole through its innerds.
Thanks Chuck... I'll keep a close watch on it... since their made across town from me... I won't hesitate to drop kick thru their door. And ya, I love ny timer also.
BlaineG wrote:Made In America does not give me the Warm Fuzzy it used to.... :cry:
Better'n "made in China"! :twisted: :twisted:
Sixgun wrote:When Lyman first came out with a digital scale...'98??...I bought one. It gets used several times a week and she still hums like the day it was made. I got an early RCBS one too and that also has been running for 10 or more years with no issues.-----6
Both of which are now "made in China".
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Post by FatJackDurham »

You are clearly suffering from some sort of obsession. I recommend you exercise those demons, and take notes (here) about how it made you feel... Pictures help as always. Good luck with your personal struggle....
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

FatJackDurham wrote:You are clearly suffering from some sort of obsession. I recommend you exercise those demons, and take notes (here) about how it made you feel... Pictures help as always. Good luck with your personal struggle....
I know, right?

Suffer? No, but something that many others also enjoy! :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

So Griff, how long did it take them to unload U ? Nice talking to U this Morning.
Perry
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

I've had one of the PACT's for a few years and have never had a problem with it, except to remember to leave my cell phone in another room. It causes interference. PACT, if I remember correctly, used to make the unit for RCBS.
Ricky

DWWC
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

pwl44m wrote:So Griff, how long did it take them to unload U ? Nice talking to U this Morning.
Perry
Well... they told me and the other truck driver to be there at 7... the guy delivering the forklift 8:30, and the labor crew 9am. Luckily the forklift and crew arrived early... I was on the road by 9.
RKrodle wrote:I've had one of the PACT's for a few years and have never had a problem with it, except to remember to leave my cell phone in another room. It causes interference. PACT, if I remember correctly, used to make the unit for RCBS.
I'll try to remember that Ricky.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!